Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Increased burping?

Hi there Vets,

I'm almost 4.5 years post op and loving my pouch. I am staying within 10 lbs of my goal and trying to stick to clean eating although find that I'm much more loose with the rules that I was once so committed to.

Recently, I noticed that I burp alot more than i have in the past after i finish a meal and I burp for a longer amount of time. It used to be something I could "hide" but now it's more pronounced and I'm less in control of it.

Should I be worried about this? has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance Vets!

Hi

I had band in 2008, and my burping is worse than ever. After eating and drinking. I have never worried about it as I don't think it's harmful??

Are you sleeve or band?

Gaylene

I am a fellow sleever and i haven't had it happen and I would pay attention. Obviously I have no medical training but I'd start with the obvious...am I eating to full instead of absence hunger? Am I starting to eat too fast or not chew properly (as I call it, wolfing food). Have I tried a 2 week course of a good ppi? If those things have been considered ,I'd go for a check up. I don't mean to scare you but there are late stage complications such as developing GERD that can show up years post op.

I have noticed a very mild queasiness lately...a new development, and going through my own prrocess of elimination before I consult my surgeon.

I figure better safe than sorry.

Good to hear you are doing so well! My five years is Dec 2016 - surreal.

if you have changed the types of food you're eating - I wonder if you need to chew more? but like Jane said I'd want to talk to a professional about it.

Funny thing for me is I burp here and there during the day but as SOON as I get in bed at night I am burping like crazy. really seems to irritate the dear husband, although that is amusing since he taught 'burping as a sport' to my sons. He never realized how not funny it is to listen to someone else burp! Even if I try laying down on the couch before I go back to bed it doesn't help. Well. there are worse things I suppose.

Edited by Christinamo7