Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Increased burping?

Hi there Vets,

I'm almost 4.5 years post op and loving my pouch. I am staying within 10 lbs of my goal and trying to stick to clean eating although find that I'm much more loose with the rules that I was once so committed to.

Recently, I noticed that I burp alot more than i have in the past after i finish a meal and I burp for a longer amount of time. It used to be something I could "hide" but now it's more pronounced and I'm less in control of it.

Should I be worried about this? has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks in advance Vets!

Hi

I had band in 2008, and my burping is worse than ever. After eating and drinking. I have never worried about it as I don't think it's harmful??

Are you sleeve or band?

Gaylene

I am a fellow sleever and i haven't had it happen and I would pay attention. Obviously I have no medical training but I'd start with the obvious...am I eating to full instead of absence hunger? Am I starting to eat too fast or not chew properly (as I call it, wolfing food). Have I tried a 2 week course of a good ppi? If those things have been considered ,I'd go for a check up. I don't mean to scare you but there are late stage complications such as developing GERD that can show up years post op.

I have noticed a very mild queasiness lately...a new development, and going through my own prrocess of elimination before I consult my surgeon.

I figure better safe than sorry.

Good to hear you are doing so well! My five years is Dec 2016 - surreal.

if you have changed the types of food you're eating - I wonder if you need to chew more? but like Jane said I'd want to talk to a professional about it.

Funny thing for me is I burp here and there during the day but as SOON as I get in bed at night I am burping like crazy. really seems to irritate the dear husband, although that is amusing since he taught 'burping as a sport' to my sons. He never realized how not funny it is to listen to someone else burp! Even if I try laying down on the couch before I go back to bed it doesn't help. Well. there are worse things I suppose.

Edited by Christinamo7

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches