Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1st post - Hi all. I am Lorraine, I should be having surgery in the next month. I was advised to find a tolerable Protein shake about now. I have thyroid cancer history and was looking for recommendations on a good tasting Protein Shake that is SOY-FREE that is between 150-170 calories, 3 grams or less of fat and 20-30 grams of Protein per 8 oz. serving. Thanks for any suggestions.

Sent from my SM-G920P using the BariatricPal App

I was advised that glucerna is good. I already bought mine ahead I dhouldt hopefully have my surgery in may

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using the BariatricPal App

1st post - Hi all. I am Lorraine, I should be having surgery in the next month. I was advised to find a tolerable Protein shake about now. I have thyroid cancer history and was looking for recommendations on a good tasting Protein Shake that is SOY-FREE that is between 150-170 calories, 3 grams or less of fat and 20-30 grams of Protein per 8 oz. serving. Thanks for any suggestions.

BTW glucerna is for presurgery

I was advised that glucerna is good. I already bought mine ahead I dhouldt hopefully have my surgery in may

Thanks for your suggestion however it is not soy free and does not fall into the nutritional requirements i will need pre and post op. Maybe your nutritional requirements are different, for me there is not enough protein in the glucerna and too much fat grams. I do appreciate your consideration, thank you and good luck on your journey. I should be having surgery myself by the end of may. I am nervous and excited.

I got Quest at GNC I got a member card and buy it when you can do the buy one get one half off my surgeon also told me about premier that's the most popular one you can get I buy them by the case at SAMs club

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am trying to see what worms for me post surgery between premier and Was from Bjs. It seems cheaper to bet the preniert I get more for less post-290192-14610259870255_thumb.jpg post-290192-146102600081_thumb.jpg post-290192-1461026011171_thumb.jpg

I got Quest at GNC I got a member card and buy it when you can do the buy one get one half off my surgeon also told me about premier that's the most popular one you can get I buy them by the case at SAMs club

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I am trying to see what worms for me post surgery between premier and Was from Bjs. It seems cheaper to bet the preniert I get more for less attachicon.gif 20160415_183359.jpgattachicon.gif 20160415_183344.jpgattachicon.gif 20160415_183339.jpg

I keep reading people saying don't buy too much, your taste and your needs will change after surgery. I understand the feeling of wanting to prep but i have to stop myself from going into panic mode and remind myself that i will be in stores again. I think we just need to prepare a few weeks work of shakes and puddings and yogurts etc.

I am on a budget and I already pre bought glucerna for my two week pre op liquid diet. As far as what to do post op my budget also super cedes my choices more so then taste. I will suck it up and go through the phrases as need be. I just want to do what I have to do and lose the weight

Have you thought about Isopure? It's 40 g Protein in a 20 oz bottle. I swore by them well after clear liquid stage and they really just taste like iced tea. Get it at the Vitamin Shoppe. I'm pretty sure it's soy free, but it is whey protein. I don't know if that is contraindicated based on your medical history. As always, see your NUT and surgeon.

@@Debbie915 powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury makes a good unflavored Protein powder!

My surgeon requires HMR Protein shakes (bought from their office) for 2 weeks prior to surgery and 1-2 weeks after. Right now I generally use Muscle Milk banana Creme or strawberry Creme, it's great, especially if you put a little PB2 powder in it. For lunch, I love the Unjury chicken Soup flavored Protein.

Unjury sells a starter pack that has 10 single packets of their protein (vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, unflavored and chicken Soup flavored) as well as a small shaker and a thermometer for about $20.

Unjury gets some of it's protein from soy, and the muscle milk has a little bit of soy lecithin in it (less than 1%) but they might be options for you as well. I'd definitely double check with my nut. or surgeon with your cancer history.

Edited by MomOf4OhMy