Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pureed food suggestions

I am excited to be started the next phase tomorrow and I am looking for suggestions on what foods we can puree.. My list only has a few examples

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I honestly pureed everything!!

Anything I made for dinner for my family went into the blender and that is what I ate. Some examples are:

chicken noodle Soup - homemade

TaterTot Hotdish

Any hotdish really... lol

Taco Mean, Refried Beans and cheese together - YUM

Lasagna

chicken Breasts with a sauce - BBQ, Buffalo, Honey Mustard

One of my easy go to's was Ricotta cheese, Pesto, Mozzarella heated in the microwave

What I would do is puree about 1 Cup worth of food and then eat it 3 times a day until it was gone. Then I would puree something else up. I thought it would get redundant but it didn't. I was just so happy to have food after 1 month!

I don't think I'll be able to do pureeing my food. I'm going to try things like scrambled egg, Beans, cottage cheese, hummus, canned tuna, canned chicken, yogurt, soft cheese, Soup, ground beef. Remember to get enough Protein. Watch out for carbs and sugars. Maybe its from working in a nursing home and hospital for years but the thought of pureeing normal food makes me want to gag.

I never could do the puree thing.

Seemed like I'd simply open the door to foods I was trying to get away from.

I stayed with the Protein shakes through that phase until I could get onto more solid Proteins.

The list my bariatric center gave me was fairly short and not much more appealing than what I'd been doing on liquids. lol.

I can't do the Protein so I need this next phase to help get me through.. My list is short too but it's just suggesting it say so my plan is to try and sprinkle Protein into the puree it won't be the recommended amount but any is better then none..

If you aren't into blender-ing everything, cottage cheese, soft-boiled eggs, and refried Beans have been my mainstays. I make sure I eat a half-cup of the Beans every day for the Fiber.

This is easy lol my husband took alot of humor in blending anything with the magic bullet. i know he was joking but i enjoyed it too.

Im going to purchase the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein i hear its very good to put in everything even coffee Amazon has it.

Im going to purchase the unjury unflavored Protein i hear its very good to put in everything even coffee Amazon has it.

It worked just fine for me. I did not, however, try it in coffee.< /p>

It mixed in well with everything else I tried it in.

Im going to purchase the unjury unflavored Protein i hear its very good to put in everything even coffee Amazon has it.

did you get the chicken Soup too. Unjury chicken soup

Im going to purchase the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored Protein i hear its very good to put in everything even coffee Amazon has it.

did you get the chicken Soup too. Unjury chicken Soup

my favorite now is the premier shake and they just came out with bananas and creme and strawberries n cream flavors going to pick some up at costco if they got them yet in my area

@@liposuction68 I sure did try their chicken Soup powder as well.

It was a welcome change when I was on the liquid only phase.

My only gripe about it is that you can't get the Water really hot and eat it like I normally would with hot soup. Flavor was great, though.

Premier Protein pre-made shakes are exactly what I stuck with post op....very thin and went down easy and 30grams per serving. Good stuff.

I am looking forward to trying the banana flavor. I've heard it's quite good.

The absolute worst tasting Protein Powder that I tried so far was Unjury's strawberry. It did not agree with me and one sip was all it took. Other folks here like it, though. It's the only powder I've had any objections to.

Quest is not making several powders that I'd like to try soon, too.

Chike makes some outstanding powder, too. Certainly one of my favorites brands for sure.

Please please please BECAREFUL KristelLe. If your not at that point you will do nothing but make yourself sick. You had a major surgery done and your body needs time to heal trust me. As for puree make your own. Do not do not do scrambled eggs. The eggs will get stuck and you will keep volmiting until it is all out. Been there done that. G t your favorite fruits and sautéed them and put them in jars for you too eat. Also make your own broth trust me I enjoyed it. I put a whole chicken in a pot of Water with all my favorite veggies. After removing the chicken I allowed the veggies to cook until it was able to dissolve in my mouth. You can do the same with fish head. The flavor is amazing. Trying making your own and do what the doctor has told you too. I don't want to see you get sick ????

Try hummas. It's great from restaurants and not so great from cans. If u do get the can try olive oil just a tad

Beans r great too! Have I ever tried lentil? Yummy! Blend it and it's also great! Cook it like a thick Soup

If U make chicken soup with fresh veggies ( medium thickness) then blend one cup and divide three times. Place each one in to containers and u have ur three meals.

Same for all blend foods. Blend one cup and divide into three containers. If u have to eat every two hours then do this twice.

Please please please BECAREFUL KristelLe. If your not at that point you will do nothing but make yourself sick. You had a major surgery done and your body needs time to heal trust me. As for puree make your own. Do not do not do scrambled eggs. The eggs will get stuck and you will keep volmiting until it is all out. Been there done that. G t your favorite fruits and sautéed them and put them in jars for you too eat. Also make your own broth trust me I enjoyed it. I put a whole chicken in a pot of Water with all my favorite veggies. After removing the chicken I allowed the veggies to cook until it was able to dissolve in my mouth. You can do the same with fish head. The flavor is amazing. Trying making your own and do what the doctor has told you too. I don't want to see you get sick ????

Thank you. I haven't had surgery yet but I'll be sure to be careful afterwards. I just don't think I'll be pureeing regular food. The person who posted before me might be who you meant to warn. :-).