Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Emotional struggle after gastric sleeve

Hello everyone. I'm a 22 year old female who just recently got sleeved on April 5th. I'm currently on the liquid diet about to be on pureed foods tomorrow. I just feel like I really need someone who understands what I'm going through because I feel I'm losing control.. I'm having a extremely hard time being able to get the recommended 64 oz of Water in and probably only get about half of it. It really is worrying me a lot and the fact that the Protein is just as hard. All i can think about is the new extreme boredom and emptiness I feel inside after my friend (food) was taken from me. I dont know what to do with myself anymore and sometimes just think of giving up. I feel like this was a huge mistake and can only think of how ill never be able to eat as much delicious food as I want again. Honestly my personality is totally changed and I feel no joy in anything anymore. I realized the reality that food was my only joy and it makes me so angry that I let it be so I had to feel this miserable. Will this ever get any better??

Sent from my LGLS665 using the BariatricPal App

Hun relax..we have all been there...trust us..even me!! I was sleeved 3/21...your Protein counts as liquid are you counting that?? 64oz is un realistic...hell i did not even drink that much fluids when i had a stomach!!! Lol all of us here know the feeling...my nutritionist has me at 40gm of Protein a day MIN i get that by taking two shakes and counts towrds my liquid...or BariWise hot chocolate that 15gm of protein + liquids...yogurt, cottage cheese, pudding all count as liquid...u can get protein pudding too...tons of ways...feel free to PM hapoy to help anytime!!

Hang in there it does get easier promise!

Get a new hobby..nails, make up...make a new friend to replace the old one..im actually buying a dummy head to learn how ro braid hair fancy lol

I can only speak from my own experience, but now, more than 100lbs down, there are a whole host of new interests that would never have been appealing to me when I was obese.

I have so much energy now, I never even knew I was lacking in energy. My house is spotlessly clean, I do active things with my kids now that I was subconsciously avoiding when I was obese. Almost everything is easier now.

Once you start to feel positive changes due to your weight loss you will start feeling better. Your body is still healing from major surgery, give it time.

I am sorry you are having such a hard time, you sound miserable. Keep chanting, this too shall pass.

Honey WE have All been there and those who haven't yet will. Your doing fine and your emotions are fine at this stage its normal. It will get better. Remember why you got this surgery think of all the cool things you can do now after you lose the weight. online shopping for me was soothing i became a shopaholic when before the lapband 10 years ago you couldn't get me to go clothes shopping let alone window shopping. Your 22 years old im sure there is something you want to get into asap.

Congratulations. You Got THis!

Someone recommended this book. I downloaded it to my Kindle and have just started but I was told it was excellent. In reading alot of posts in this forum - it seems this feeling happens to everyone for a period of time. Reach out to friends or family for support and talk to a counselor if you feel like you're not doing better. You are at great age to start fresh - I wish I did something when I was younger. Stay strong & positive! You got this!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0054RXXS0/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?ie=UTF8&btkr=1

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

Edited by KristenLe

I read that book its an excellent book..the best is how it describes your rebirth...think of all this like ur being reborn as a newborn you fussy, learning your body, discovering yourself...its not gonna be the same when ur a 2 yr old toddler u know what u can so and cant and u have the energy etc...

My bariatric center has a library we can borrow books from and i borrowed it there...it has real life scenarios and stories which .ake it great.

Thank you so much everyone for your inspiring replies.i have been really down in the dumps and you have helped me to feel positive. ❤

Sent from my LGLS665 using the BariatricPal App

@@KittyCathy22 what you are feeling is pretty normal. in a few weeks this will be a distant memory and you will be replying to posts to the newbies and encouraging them!

I felt the same way. Once you get to sift and moist it will be better. Like the others said find a hobby, app, activity that you like to replace it. Hang in there

this is completely normal! as the swelling goes down you will be able to drink more, and move more and feel better.

However there is a hormone dump coming with the weight loss. I was ANGRY around week 3-4 - and I knew it was for no good reason. since then I have been mildly down in the dumps. some people feel er, excited like a teenager. it's all normal. I am filtering any important decisions through trusted couple of people for now because I know I am "under the influence" of unusual hormones. I walk a lot to get an endorphin boost to help me, and it does help.

It is worth it and it will get better.

I have a couple of books too that i downloaded to my kindle. browse through a few will sit still and read when i have nothing to do but for now im keeping busy. Do you like to read? These books will help you understand the phases you will be going through also. Hope you feel better soon.

I had my gastric sleeve on 2/15/16. I basically haven't been able to take in much at all - fluids or food. I have been vomiting and had diarrhea for the past 4-5 weeks. Every day. I am very dehydrated, so my doctor is more concerned about the fluids than the Protein or Vitamins. He went so far as to tell me to live on Popsicles if I had to. For the past 4 weeks I have had to have 2 liters of IV Fluid per day - one during the evening and one at night through a picc line. I have no energy at all. I sleep most of the time. I am deeply depressed. I have lost 35 pounds out of the 90 I want to lose, but I need to be able to exercise in order to lose weight at a faster pace. How can you exercise when getting no nutrients or calories? I see the doctor once a week. I have had an upper GI series, a CT scan, and an EGD. They all indicate the surgery was successful, but I do have mild to moderate gastritis. I can't do this much longer. Any suggestions?

I had my gastric sleeve on 2/15/16. I basically haven't been able to take in much at all - fluids or food. I have been vomiting and had diarrhea for the past 4-5 weeks. Every day. I am very dehydrated, so my doctor is more concerned about the fluids than the protein or vitamins. He went so far as to tell me to live on Popsicles if I had to. For the past 4 weeks I have had to have 2 liters of IV fluid per day - one during the evening and one at night through a picc line. I have no energy at all. I sleep most of the time. I am deeply depressed. I have lost 35 pounds out of the 90 I want to lose, but I need to be able to exercise in order to lose weight at a faster pace. How can you exercise when getting no nutrients or calories? I see the doctor once a week. I have had an upper GI series, a CT scan, and an EGD. They all indicate the surgery was successful, but I do have mild to moderate gastritis. I can't do this much longer. Any suggestions?

I had my gastric sleeve on 2/15/16. I basically haven't been able to take in much at all - fluids or food. I have been vomiting and had diarrhea for the past 4-5 weeks. Every day. I am very dehydrated, so my doctor is more concerned about the fluids than the protein or vitamins. He went so far as to tell me to live on Popsicles if I had to. For the past 4 weeks I have had to have 2 liters of IV fluid per day - one during the evening and one at night through a picc line. I have no energy at all. I sleep most of the time. I am deeply depressed. I have lost 35 pounds out of the 90 I want to lose, but I need to be able to exercise in order to lose weight at a faster pace. How can you exercise when getting no nutrients or calories? I see the doctor once a week. I have had an upper GI series, a CT scan, and an EGD. They all indicate the surgery was successful, but I do have mild to moderate gastritis. I can't do this much longer. Any suggestions?

What are u taking med wise and Vitamins. I have a guess but rather you say what your taking first...

Also when you do drink or eat what is it?