Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Name one thing people would be surprised to know about you

I was once a physician, a neuro-radiologist. When I was in my first year of a fellowship in pediatric neuroradiology I was assaulted near the hospital. I was beaten very badly and left for dead. I suffered permanent brain damage.

I went through a long, tough rehab but I'm told I am a totally different person than I was. I no longer had the drive to achieve and among other things, lost my comprehension and passion for medicine and science in general. All those years of education and I was no longer competent.

So I am very lonely. My husband died when we were in medical school. I no longer remembered my friends from school and we no longer had anything in common. My life has no meaning.

Serena, I am so so sorry for the horrible pain you have felt. I hope that being a part of the community on LBT has brought you some comfort. I hope that you will see the meaning in your life. I recently went through some personal tragedy and found some comfort by reading Deepak Chopra.

Susan,

Thank you so much for the kind words. It has been great to be a part of LBT community, especially since I don't have anyone to whom I can talk about the band in person (I chose not to tell my family).

My personal tragedy took place a long time ago. Yours is fresher and no doubt more acutely painful. If you would like to share, we are here for you.

serena: Your posts have touched my heart. I do not share my lap band experiences with friends or family either. I read and post often at LBT.

It is informative and it feels like I have friends here.

We are definitely not alone and there are many people who post here who have extremely interesting lives. I love that I am learning a lot from so many of them. If it weren't for LBT, I might feel a bit isolated. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts and feelings with us and you will appreciate the other bandsters here as much as I do.

interesting facts about me

1. i go to the y at 5am every morning

2. I have a masters in engineering (shhh don't tell anyone)

3. I am married 13 years to someone I don't nor have I ever loved

4. I am totally and completely in love with my nine year old daughter who is perfect in everyway

5. I am a grandama, twice

6 I am building a new home

7. I have traveled the globe ministering the gospel

8. I have never seen myself as fat even though the scale says i am

9, i was banded 9/11

10. I want the courage to get a divorce

1. I only have one phobia. I'm afraid of little people. The oompa loompas (Willy Wonka and the chocolate Factory) and the lollypop kids (Wizard of Oz) terrified me as a kid and I still have trouble watching either of those movies. Oddly, the flying monkeys didn't bother me at all. To this day, my heart skips a beat and I nearly have a panic attack when I see a little person in real life.

2. I'm ultra conservative, but I'm also a closet head-banger. Marilyn Manson is one of my favorites.

3. I think Billy Idol is the sexiest man in the world.

4. I also hate to drink Water. (Someone else mentioned that.)

5. I cry during sad movies but rarely cry in real life.

6. I never give to charities that help people -- I only give to animal charities.

7. I'm a fairly happy person even though I hate most aspects of my life.

8. I think a friend of mine killed her husband and I'm not terribly bothered by it.

I went to highschool with marilyn manson or should i say brian warner!!

After reading these post, decided to join in.

I am also a member of the mile high club (747 on the way home from Hawaii).

I have done in cars, trains, pools, lakes, boats and the GYN table at my doctors office (not with my doctor).

I started using drugs at 11, smoking cigarettes and drinking at 12. Quit drugs at 18 and joined the air force to get away from an abusive boyfriend.

Was molested twice in my life. The first time I was 6, he was my step-grandfather. This lasted about a year. The second time I was 10 and it lasted till I was 12, he was a friend of the family.

In high school I tried to have a sexual relationship with a girlfriend, but just couldn’t get into it.

Can’t stand to hear someone clear their throat, makes me gag. Also smells will make me gag.

The cat puke waits till my dh comes home to be cleaned up ( I act like I didn't see it). Or I hope my dog eats it. Just typing that made me gag.

I always type my post in Word then cut and paste so I don’t have a ton of misspellings.

Well, that’s all I can think of for now.

Things people are shocked when they learn about me:

My mother died when I was 2.

I was a wild child in school, drugs alcohol you name it. To the point of being put in a foster program for troubled kids. ( I wised up thanks to a terrific foster mom and heavy counciling)

I was physically/mentally/sexually abused as a child. (terrific foster mom and heavy counciling helped this too)

I was outgoing to the extreem till I married my ex and became a mother.

When I was young I roller skated in figure competions till tearing up my ankle seriously

At 13. I also played basketball, softball, field hockey and played the acordian. (people cant believe it when they look at me being 400lbs.)

I grew up on the east coast so when I moved to indiana at the age of 15 NOONE knew how to take the gal who lived on roller skates or 4 in. heels, had spikey odd colored hair(red, blue, green depending on mood) and outrageous clothes, in corn country! When spirit day came in highschool everone awaited to see what outrageous red,white 7 blue combos I could come up with.

One time I even knitted my own tie/headband combo for a spirit day. lol

My knickname as a teen was Amazon. Being 5'10 and always wearing either skates or 4 in heels I towered over everone else.

I collect masks, like the tradgey/comedy masks of all shapes sizes and types. From ones that hang on the wall to onces your suposed to wear. And unicorns and dragons.

I met the love of my life my shining prince online!

I am a Rocky Horror addict I know the whole movie by heart!! And I watch at at least once a year or more around this time of year. I have always wanted to go to a live one but never got the chance.

OMG tim curry in it is so HOT!!

Reading the ending of harry potter 7 I bawled my eyes out and put a hole in the wall throwing the book. lol. Then reread the book 3 more times.

My star crush is steve tyler from aerosmith who ive seen in concert 4 times now.

I am so sad (major understatement) to hear about those of you who were abused as children...the percentages are staggering. I've always wanted to get involved with the organization here in Houston that advocates for child victims of abuse but don't have the courage....I don't know if my heart could take it. I hate that about myself.

Things people are shocked when they learn about me:

My mother died when I was 2.

I was a wild child in school, drugs alcohol you name it. To the point of being put in a foster program for troubled kids. ( I wised up thanks to a terrific foster mom and heavy counciling)

I was physically/mentally/sexually abused as a child. (terrific foster mom and heavy counciling helped this too)

I was outgoing to the extreem till I married my ex and became a mother.

When I was young I roller skated in figure competions till tearing up my ankle seriously

At 13. I also played basketball, softball, field hockey and played the acordian. (people cant believe it when they look at me being 400lbs.)

I grew up on the east coast so when I moved to indiana at the age of 15 NOONE knew how to take the gal who lived on roller skates or 4 in. heels, had spikey odd colored hair(red, blue, green depending on mood) and outrageous clothes, in corn country! When spirit day came in highschool everone awaited to see what outrageous red,white 7 blue combos I could come up with.

One time I even knitted my own tie/headband combo for a spirit day. lol

My knickname as a teen was Amazon. Being 5'10 and always wearing either skates or 4 in heels I towered over everone else.

I collect masks, like the tradgey/comedy masks of all shapes sizes and types. From ones that hang on the wall to onces your suposed to wear. And unicorns and dragons.

I met the love of my life my shining prince online!

I am a Rocky Horror addict I know the whole movie by heart!! And I watch at at least once a year or more around this time of year. I have always wanted to go to a live one but never got the chance.

OMG tim curry in it is so HOT!!

Reading the ending of harry potter 7 I bawled my eyes out and put a hole in the wall throwing the book. lol. Then reread the book 3 more times.

My star crush is steve tyler from aerosmith who ive seen in concert 4 times now.

Hey, you are ALOT like me, I am Rocky freak, "Touch, touch touch me, I wanna be DIRTY..." :)

I was Olive Oil in school, I am 6'0".

I was abused as well, but not so lucky still fight with it everyday...

I have a huge mask collection as well....

;) Nice to meet you my long lost friend! :P

We are very lucky, there is a Rocky Shadow cast in our neighborhood. Every sat at midnight. We go often. I was magenta in the cast in high school. My overly religious mother was thrilled. ~Mandy

I love all things related to the Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV show... I could sit and watch the DVDs all dang day and have read sooooo many of the books. i walk into a borders and head right into the young adult section to see if theres any new buffy books.

i got my MBA before i was 25 (maybe some day I will get to use it)

I didnt get my license until i was 29!

i'm addicted to real estate websites and looking at houses in unknown places.

in my head i am the reining Freecell champion of the world!

My secrets

1. I LOVE my husband. we were married as teenagers and he has never let me down. He still tells me i am beauttiful several times a day

2. My daughters are the two most beautiful girls in the world and I cry everytime i think about how lucky i am to have them

3. i have a 2 ct diamond that i tell people is fake so that they won't think i am spoiled, even though i am.

4. My chiuahua sleeps with me every night if not i go and find her because i can't sleep without her

5. I love to read all of your posts even though i don't post much and feel like i have been truly blesed to find you all here at LBT

I much prefer lurking to posting although lately I have broken that rule (but am trying very hard to revert back to lurking).

My hubby is 11 years older than me.

I am a licensed nurse but have now chosen a different field entirely.

I am a natural redhead.