Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Name one thing people would be surprised to know about you

Hubby has to do the dog puke. I will put a bowl over it so I don't see it, and save it for when he gets home. Once I tried to scrape it up with a paper plate torn in half... you know, one of the things those clever types had recommended. Feeling the weight of it on the plate made me heave.

I'm soo like you guys. Give me blood, guts, etc. and it won't phase me a bit. Geek alert - I will read the graphic medical encyclopedias for fun. Lurve it! If DH sees blood he gets woozy. He cut his baby toe once, and passed out when they were putting the stitch (yes, the one stitch) in. He got nauseous just looking at my incisions post-op, and would leave the room if he caught me nekkid because he couldn't stand the sight of them.

We did cadaver work in school - didn't even flinch. Poop only bothers me if I smell it, and it's not mine. But that's the smell, not the substance.

Little kids are draining something out of somewhere ALL the time.
Have you ever seen the mom whose kid is puking, so she sticks her hand under his mouth -- like she can catch it? Eekgad. Wtf? I want kid, but I don't think I'll ever do that crap. Sorry, no one ever tried to catch my puke, at most they held back my hair, and I grew up to be a pretty good person.

Or the parents who use their bare hands to wipe their kids' snotty noses? Don't think so. Call me a bad mom I guess. :peep:

When my husband and I were in the dating stage, we went to Disney World in Florida. We got a little "freaky" on one of the rides. Hey it was dark and there wasn't anybody in any of the cars near us. A few years ago, we read somewhere that there are hidden camera's on the rides. Imagine our surprise!!! Jenn

I have friends that work there and there ARE cameras everywhere. An elderly woman (87, natural causes) died in Pirates of the Carribbean last year and the paramedics were already there and waiting when her boat came to a stop at the end. The cast member saw her slumped over and called for help. They watch for people getting out of the cars and also for people standing up. It's not recorded, just monitored. They also have weight sensors in almost all of the floors, so if you step out of a ride car you trigger an alarm. ~Mandy

:clap2::heh::bounce:You are all hilarious!!

I have a very weak gag reflex too. I once walked into preschool where I worked, and this little boy had just thrown up Cap'n Crunch. I caught one wiff of that and puked right on top of it. The other teachers were yelling at me, because they now had to clean up my oatmeal on top of his Cap'n Crunch.

Looks around to see if there are any children here:omg::D:peep::rose::painkiller::smow: I once threw up on a man's penis because I went down too far. We were at the drive in movies, it was August, and his car window did not go down. I started crying right away...soooo embarrassed! But, it proves my initial point...weak gag reflex!

peaceout:embarassed:

Haha.. I was around when a friend threw up on a guy's penis.. she was very drunk and it was nasty throw up.. She got a nickname for the rest of the school year for that, though I don't even remember what it was!!

The first time I had sex with my husband was on a hotel bathroom's floor, in the middle of a party. That was pretty fun.. We had been dating for a while, and went to this party.. we got drunk, and with a line to this bathroom.. we go in together, fell on the floor, blah blah.. and then fell asleep. I remember when we woke up, everyone was mad they couldn't get to the bathroom.. but it makes for a fun story after the fact. :D

People are normally surprised to know, I met my husband in Las Vegas.. we were both out there seperately, but met, hit it off, then found out we lived 1 hour away from each other 'back home'.

Small people don't scare me, but their hands gross me out. I'm a hand fetish person, that's one of the first things I look at on people. And small people have yucky hands :rose:

Hm.. what else can I confess to.. I was arrested for 'running away from home' the night I lost my virginity. We thought that would be a funny story to tell the grandkids one day.. but of course, we broke up.

I wet the bed till I was 12 years old.. they treated me like a lab rat.. I remember them pinching my scary places as a kid because I was tired of tests, I refused to pee.. so they 'made' me pee. I would cry at night thinking 'one day I won't be able to sleep with my husband because I'll pee all over him!'. Those night time diapers didn't fit me, cause I'm so big.. so I wore depends at the ripe age of 6..

I guess I'll stop confessions for now.. it's bed time!

...Geek alert - I will read the graphic medical encyclopedias for fun. Lurve it! ...

Have you ever looked through antiquarian medical books? THOSE are priceless! Anesthesia for hemorrhoidal surgery was the nurse pouring ice cold Water on the hemorrhoids during surgery.

If a couple wanted to have a baby and they wanted a boy it was suggested (by docs) that the woman exercise to the point of exhaustion immediately before conception. If they wanted a girl the father was supposed to exercise to the point of exhaustion immediately before exercise. If they kept getting girls no matter how hard they tried that was due to sick ovaries. :rose:

They gave detailed steps for doing particular procedues, the works.

Looks around to see if there are any children here:omg::P:peep::confused::painkiller::smow: I once threw up on a man's penis because I went down too far. We were at the drive in movies, it was August, and his car window did not go down. I started crying right away...soooo embarrassed! But, it proves my initial point...weak gag reflex!

peaceout:embarassed:

You don't think it has anything to do with it being a penis and you being a lesbian? j/k....but I know the thought of giving head will make me barf.

I just found this thread...

I'm scared of worms. I get the cold sweats after a rain and I have to step around them. Ugh.

Unclipped toe nails gross me out.

I don't watch much TV because it will suck me in and never let me go.

I'm the conservative one in my family, but my politics are liberal and I'm a way out lesbian; the others are just bigger freaks.

I suffer from YPIP. You puke-I puke, nice to see I'm not alone.

Touching poop will freak me out. Wasa, you win.

I'm not particularly artistic but I scrapbook other's pictures professionally, when I have time, like before I started back to school full time.

People have always told me I'm pretty and I'm actually starting to believe them, I'm nearly 40. What a bitch ass long time that was to learn that?!

:confused:

It occurred to me last night that I post alot in Rants and Raves, and I think maybe sometimes I come off as really serious and uptight and too politically correct. Then I got to thinking, boy, I bet the people on the board would be surprised to know this fact or that fact about me.

So, I thought it would be fun to post something about ourselves that people here on the board would be surprised to know. It can be one thing or more than one thing.

I'll start:

I love celebrity gossip and am addicted to tabloids and gossip Websites.

I love pop culture and love learning about fads in history as well as current.

I will admit that I mostly go to art movies, but I equally love really dumb mainstream comedies like Talladega Nights, Scary Movie, and I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry.

I collect anything vintage, like cookbooks from the 50's, antique clothing, and black and white photos.

Now, how about YOU?

I think most people would be surprised to know that I have a blog on MySpace. There's a link on my picture's page.

Derick- Not true.. my husband won't get one either! And he lives on the computer.. but he thinks they cause problems and drama. He's 25.