Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Societies Views of Fat

I wish I was as "fat" as Amy Schumer. I mean seriously? She said she wears a size 6 or 8 and is considered "fat"? The average woman wears a size 12!

Those chubby cheeks threw me off, too, when I first saw her. She's a gorgeous woman and far, far from plus size. I think she responded very well to the magazine that featured her as a plus size hero.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using the BariatricPal App

I wish I was as "fat" as Amy Schumer. I mean seriously? She said she wears a size 6 or 8 and is considered "fat"? The average woman wears a size 12!

No doubt! I don't think I have even worn a size 12 since I was in middle school!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

My hubbyman and I both agree that her curves are lovely and healthy. After being a 22/24 for decades, I would love to have her body. And he and I discussed before my surgery about how far did I want to take this. I want to stop about where I am and he is on board with that. I don't need to be a dog bone to be happy and healthy.

Firstly I don't think Amy is plus-sized from what I saw in her nearly naked photo I would put her at a 12-14. She certainly is NOT a size 6-8. Not an american 6-8 that's for sure.

I think our perspective is skewed by TV. As an example, I think Katharine McPhee is beautiful. She is on Scorpion. When I first saw the show I thought that, well she isn't that thin, but she looks like a woman with curves, who is toned and actually eats. I thought she might weigh around what I weigh or maybe 10 pounds more. HA. She is 5'7 and 125 pounds!! She is positively anorexic compared to me at 129 and 5'2 and yet on camera she looks larger. When we look at other women on tv that look "normal" they are actually 100-110, maybe 120 pounds. So, when we see a woman like Amy who is by no means a big girl, we compare her to other women on tv that we see as being normal and consider her a bit chunky. In real life, no one would ever look at Amy and see her as being big, but when the only time we ever see her is in the media next to girls like Anna Kendrick, no wonder she looks large.

Amy is a butter face wuth an awful personality. I really don't care for her racist jokes.

She is always in the media whining about her looks. She is one of the most annoying people in pop culture.

The only way she is a 6 or an 8 is vanity sizing.

I find amy to be shockingly funny many times. I think she says and does things that others do not dare to do

. I don't believe she is plus sized. I think she is shorter than the norm and America gets complacent with perky boobs, hair extensions , long lanky legs ( which is not Amy style at all)fake nails and all the Hollywood crap we are accustomed to seeing. Ya. She can be crude at times.... But I think men would get away with her schtick...ie train wreck

Google says that Amy reports she's 5'7" and weighs 160 pounds.

That puts her BMI at 25.1 -- barely, barely, barely into the overweight range.

Yup -- she could get into some size 8s. Hell, I've got some old size 6s from Talbots she could certainly get into. That store's vanity sizing is off the hook!

And, yes, in today's fashion world where most "beautiful people" are much slimmer than Amy, she would qualify as a plus-sized person. Weird, but true.