Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 days till plastics tiiiime!

@@Daisee68 yeah, that was a tad traumatizing for all parties involved. He got me back to my chair and got me settled back in. I took a pain pill and went to sleep. Next time I'm taking my daughter with me.

@@Elode - Glad you are ok, but that scared me all the way from Texas!! :) That Dilauded must be stronger than you realized....

BTW, you have inspired me. I am calling tomorrow to set up a consultation in late May (near Memorial Day weekend). The one I want to see is out of town and I am going to turn in the trip to a girls weekend with my sister! :D Screw that "be at goal weight a year" crap. I am NOT waiting that long! I can only hope I can turn out to look HALF as good as you do! Cannot imagine how amazing you are going to look in a few months if this is just the beginning!

EDITED: I just sent an email about consultation. I couldn't wait until tomorrow!

Edited by Daisee68

PHEW, glad you are ok!!

Glad you aren't in a lot of pain!

Talk about motivation! Way early in the process for me. Pre opp liquid diet day 1 and surgery on the 20th. All these pics! Omg! I could literally have a flat tummy and a tiny belly button at the end of this?! The idea is thrilling!

Sent from my SM-G900T using the BariatricPal App

Be careful there, Missy! Take it easy and don't go walking around by yourself yet!

Okay, now that I'm done scolding you, I had my first consult today. It was weird. The office and the surgeon were terrible, but kind of a long story to even begin to explain the red flags I got there. I will be seeking several more consults, but here's what I learned today:

Apparently, I don't need a Tummy Tuck, just a panniculectomy. He poked around my stomach and said "You excersise, don't you?" (Made me feel good) My stomach muscles are fine. But my pannus is another story. But I'm concerned about how the stomach would look with just a panni and not a tuck with it?

Then to my boobies. He said that I didn't have enough tissue for just a lift, so I needed a lift with an implant. Then they (him and his nurse) decided that a 500cc implant would be best because I'm "broad across the front" and a smaller one may look funny. 500 cc's seem big to me? They said it would make me a D or DD, which is basically what I am now, but pointing downward :P

Lastly, I'm looking at around $10,000 for both procedures. Better than I thought, actually.

Anyway, that was that. Like I said, I'm doing a few more with different surgeons to be as educated as possible.

To be continued.....

@@Daisee68 Yay congratulations! I'm 17 months post op but have been at a steady weight for months. I couldn't wait any longer either. I'm sure you will have wonderful results! Just find a good reputable surgeon. Do all your research. I just got done with my shower. I took my time this time and didn't run all over. My daughter was with me the whole time she's 15. I sat with the binder off for awhile before I got on my shower chair and my daughter practically sat at the back of the shower with me. She refused to leave me in there alone. She's been such a blessing and taking excellent care of me. She makes sure I have my meds, food, rubs oil on my belly and cleans my belly button for me. She even drains my JP drain and writes it down. My husband is great too but she's just better at this. I can't wait to see how your appointment goes!

@@Elode - what a sweet girl you have! A nurse in the making like momma perhaps?

@@Babbs Well since she didn't have to do muscle repair after all that's what I have. Plus my lift. I had to do mine separate to have the best results. Trying to do them together with my thin sagging skin could be disastrous. I kinda like my new lifted ones. I'm surprised they turned out so well I didn't think I would have anything but I look like I have little implants in there. Everything is lifted and in the perfect areas. It's like I have teenager boobs again lol! I will wait for everything to heal before I decide for positive on what I'm going to do. The breast took her the longest time. 2 1/2 hours for my breast and 1 1/2 hours for my tummy.

@@Daisee68 I hope so! She says she wants to be a anesthesiologist. Even better lol!!

@@Babbs I think whatever you decide just know it's a life changer! Almost like the sleeve but immediate results which is still hard to wrap my head around. I have a flat stomach! I have never had a flat stomach! Granted I'm more swollen today but still AND my precious little belly button! It just makes me smile when I look at it. It's so flipping cute!

I would also like to point out yet again that I didn't have to have muscle repair so my recovery is much faster and less painful because of that. If you have to have muscle repair its going to more than likely hurt a lot more. Just remember that!

@"Elode thank you so much for sharing your pictures and story .. You look awesome!!