Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I take Biotin every day plus make sure I have the required amount of Protein.

Two things that helped me was I took powdered Marine collagen in my Water everyday and that slowed my Hair loss by at least half. I also drink Bamboo tea (very high in silica) and that has helped the texture and dryness of my hair. I lose just a normal amount now and my hair is softer.

I tried the Biotin but that didn't work for me.

My hair loss stated at around month six and continued until I was about 16-18 months post op. My Vitamin levels have always been normal and I eat plenty of Protein and healthy foods.

I wish I knew. I take Biotin every day, and I've lost at least 2/3 of my hair volume, and I can't leave the house without a wig on now. I have 6 wigs at this point, so I do enjoy changing up my hairstyles and colors all the time.

I'm getting new Hair growth, and at 10 months the Hair loss is slowing down, but it has left not just extremely thin hair, but bald spots and my hair is completely coarse even the new hair growth is. The promising thing is that there is new hair growth, and I know it will take time to completely grow out, but hopefully at some point I have fairly good hair again. To be fair, I already had thin hair, due to poly cystic ovarian disorder. But this is just beyond my comfort zone of being seen in public like that.

I wish I had better news to report on this topic, but it is what it is. There are always consequences it seems to everything in life. It's also destroyed my once beautiful nails. They were so long, healthy, and strong, and now, they are so weak and just bend and have all broken off. I was warned about these things though, before surgery.

It will be interesting to see what others are doing, and if anyone else has lost enough hair to warrant wearing a wig, now.

I still wouldn't change a thing. Wigs and artificial nails are there for a reason. :)

It's happening to me and I am very depressed about it.

I lose my hair when I get my steroid shots too. I'm going to have a double whammy. :-/

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches