Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all June '16 sleevers!

Is there a brand of flavorless that is better than other? I am such a picky eater and so far the flavored ones I've tried are horrible to me. I'd like opinions before I spend anymore money.

Genepro was the only one I can kinda stomach. I have to do it in half scoops though because anymore than that I can taste.

Sent from my XT1254 using the BariatricPal App

Thanks! That one keeps popping up so I guess I'll go ahead and order that one.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Best of luck! We've all been there. You will do fine. The hardest part is the wait. Remember, when all is said and done, it'll be worth it.

Hi Carolyn checking in here. I'm in my third day post op and feeling VERY nauseous. I have some pain in my abdomen that I don't know what it is. Surgery went well. In hospital recovery was moving along at a good pace. Now I just feel sick to my stomach and pain in that area. It's not like the surgery areas, I can't tell if it's gas, just regular pain, hunger pains or acid in my stomach. I didn't used to get hunger pains at all, so I don't know what that feels like. I've been doing everything for nausea they recommended and still having dry heaves. Anyone else experience similar? I'm walking, I'm sipping, hurts every time I sip. No more big pain meds, justs tylenol. And I can't believe they expect me to poop. I haven't had solid food since Friday! Am I the only one not even tempted to weigh myself?!!! I don't plan on weighing myself until my post op appointment in a month! Any hints on how to get my regular meds in without getting sick? Thank you for listening!

Thanks! That one keeps popping up so I guess I'll go ahead and order that one.

If you order it from GNC, you can return it if you don't like it. I'm finally able to put full scoops in my pudding so between the and my milk, I'm getting 64-70 grams of Protein in a day

Day 8: the scale finally moved today! I had over 1000 calories yesterday, so apparently just like my other diets, it takes a higher-cal day for my body to let go of weight. I'm now "just" overweight, no longer obese! Hurray!

Headed back into the office today at last. There are only so many TV seasons I can binge on and really keep down, haha.

I'm excited to go camping for 7 nights (beginning this weekend) even though I'll still be on full liquids. (Yes, my surgeon cleared me for it.). The first 5 nights I'll have a cooler and stove, so plenty of premade shakes and broths with unflavored Protein added. The last part will be a coûple-mile backpack in to the remote site: no cooler, refrigeration or blender, but I'll have my Water filter and a stove. I will bring a bunch of low-sodium broth mixes (mushroom, vegetable, Tomato, chicken) and unflavored protein powder; also nectar sweet protein powders. I can cook regular dehydrated stews/chili/oatmeal for my teen, who's coming with me (and carrying most of the weight, haha). I will hike every day but I'm keeping the mileage low and superhydrating. I am so proud of myself for figuring out how to make this happen, even during surgery recovery! NO MORE MISSING OUT ON LIFE BECAUSE OF BEING FAT! Next summer I want to do a 10-day backpack, but I'll be on real foods then so will have more options, plus I'll be able to carry my full pack myself.

Day 8: the scale finally moved today! I had over 1000 calories yesterday, so apparently just like my other diets, it takes a higher-cal day for my body to let go of weight. I'm now "just" overweight, no longer obese! Hurray!

Headed back into the office today at last. There are only so many TV seasons I can binge on and really keep down, haha.

I'm excited to go camping for 7 nights (beginning this weekend) even though I'll still be on full liquids. (Yes, my surgeon cleared me for it.). The first 5 nights I'll have a cooler and stove, so plenty of premade shakes and broths with unflavored Protein added. The last part will be a coûple-mile backpack in to the remote site: no cooler, refrigeration or blender, but I'll have my Water filter and a stove. I will bring a bunch of low-sodium broth mixes (mushroom, vegetable, Tomato, chicken) and unflavored protein powder; also nectar sweet protein powders. I can cook regular dehydrated stews/chili/oatmeal for my teen, who's coming with me (and carrying most of the weight, haha). I will hike every day but I'm keeping the mileage low and superhydrating. I am so proud of myself for figuring out how to make this happen, even during surgery recovery! NO MORE MISSING OUT ON LIFE BECAUSE OF BEING FAT! Next summer I want to do a 10-day backpack, but I'll be on real foods then so will have more options, plus I'll be able to carry my full pack myself.

I give you so much credit for the camping trip! I don't think I could do that on full liquids without being incredibly jealous of everyone else and end up feeling down. You rock!!!

Thank you so much for the support, @@Pipergurl!

I guess I could get jealous of the other campers - their weight, their food. I would have until very recently - before my surgeon's psych made me do some work on those feelings. Someone on this site said "I deserve all wonderful things in life, but they don't have to be food-related" and I am trying to live that motto! I'm grateful for the new tools to regain my health, and grateful for the opportunity to be in the forest and mountains, hiking - one of my favorite pasttimes.

And I'm grateful for my buddies here to discuss it all with, because only a very few people in my life know about the surgery.

June 27th 2016 -- Un-LAP-BANDed and Sleeved. A week post op tomorrow and feeling good!

How are you guys doing? I'm going to be 1 month post-op on Wednesday and I'm so happy! Got my energy back! Love my sleeve!

How are you guys doing? I'm going to be 1 month post-op on Wednesday and I'm so happy! Got my energy back! Love my sleeve!

I'm doing well except for a huge energy loss in the evenings. I can't get anything done anymore. Hopefully that passes

Isopure unflavored. I am leery of GENEPRO after looking at their website.

I'm almost 2 weeks post op and feeling great! I walked almost 4 miles yesterday after taking a 2 hour nap. It seems I do better when I can sneak in an afternoon nap which is relatively new for me. I'm not able to sleep in like I used to so perhaps I'm just grabbing the extra hour or two I would have if I could sleep in. Or it could be that I'm still recovering and my body needs the middle of the day rest.

Erin - 35 - illinois

HW:262/SW: 228/CW:215

Surgery date - 6/22/16

Isopure unflavored. I am leery of GENEPRO after looking at their website.

I asked my doctor about genepro and she said that one was ok.

I use GENEPRO at least once a day. I also drink skim milk and eat ricotta for my Protein. I'm only 2 weeks out today. Wednesday I can start trying soft foods as per my surgeon.