Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone! I'm doing pretty well too! I had my surgery on 5/16, my doctor cleared me for pureed/soft foods at 10 days out, but what I've learned the hard way is I'm not ready for all soft foods... particularly turkey meatloaf, mushrooms, and roasted cauliflower. I've had 3 instances that stuff has gotten stuck... 2 of them resulting in throwing it up (but not for a few hours of pain and discomfort).

I think I've learned that my little pouch just isn't ready for that stuff yet!

I don't know that I've hit the stall yet, but we'll see... I was 233.5 one day, then 234 the next, then 233.5 the day after, and then today 233... I had a horrible time with pooping, and last night finally did, so maybe that helped :P

I found myself waking up on my left side the past couple of mornings... Yay! That's my favorite side to sleep on, but I just hadn't been comfortable enough to do it yet. I have been able to sleep on my right side for about a week now, so that's good progress.

Side pain has really diminished, and sometimes I can't feel it at all... other times I can. I'm sure soon it'll be gone for good!

Glad to see that everyone seems to be doing well :)

I also have had the stall...one day weighing one thing only to gain a pound the next. WTH? Existing on eggs and cheese in the am and mock lasagna (no Pasta or meat) or mashed pinto mostly. Maybe I'm not getting enough calories in or something and going into starvation mode. Not sure. Today have had some left side pain which I'm feeling may be the dreaded gas .....uggggg. hang in there subbie gal and pammie..I think we're all.on track...and what we're all feeling is normal. I'm 2.5 weeks out of an open procedure subbie and I'm sleeping on my sides....my Doc is perfectly fine with it.

I had my RNY surgery on May 25th 2016. I weighed in at 198 during my first post op appointment. I was also cleared for soft foods. I follow the rules and play by the book. I was doing fine until one day last week every thing I ate got stuck.. Even yogurt and apple sauce. I have been taking Miralax for a bm because I have not had one since the 5th of June. I do not weigh myself. I don't even own a scale anymore because I have had issues with "the numbers" in the past. The doctors are suspecting that I have a stricture. I have an appointment on Monday.

Sent from my LG-H950 using the BariatricPal App

So sorry to hear that!!! Keep us updated!!

Glad your revision from VBG seems to be going well.

I could not be happier with how mine went.

The only thing I see is it seems too easy to eat.

I am still on pureed, but some foods that allow that allow 8 oz. at a time for the meal requirements, I do not feel full. I do not take more to manage calorie and Protein needs for each meal and day.

I am sure when I get to regular foods that will change, so enjoying the healing now.

Hey guys, I just saw this May forum and thought I'd join in. My RNY was 5/23/16, so, I'm about 3.5 weeks out. Ran into a few complications after so I was in the hospital about a week versus 2 days.

I'm on soft foods now and trying solids here or there. No dumping so far which has been awesome but I've had a few instances of food getting stuck. It's awful lol

At surgery I weighed 260 and am now at 235. So, 25 lbs down which I'm happy with and no stall 'yet'.

Mentally I'm exhausted. I have no desire to eat. The preparation and chewing up of my food is such a burden, especially when I don't feel hungry. It's become a chore more than anything.

As far as energy it is up and down from day to day. I took 6 weeks off of work so I'm hoping to feel better by the time I go back. It's been such a long road!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I'm over 3 weeks out and so far so good...on pureed/soft and so far have not had any instances of food getting stuck. I just do not want anything. To me, everything has no taste. At surgery I was at 295 and am down to 271. I do not get that full feeling either, which worries me, but I'm like you in thinking that when I start regular food, I'll have that. My issue to date is a large lump about 5 inches long and 2 inches wide along my midline incision. (I had an open procedure). Last visit Dr thought it was a Fluid pocket, but it hasn't gone down, and is very hard. It's been there since day one. I'm going to doc Monday and am gonna be needing some answers! Anyone else experienced this?

@carelabre It sounds like scar tissue? It's around the incision? When I had a c section with my daughter that happened around my incision. It was a very hard lump across but went down with time and healing. That's what it sounds like to me if you're not having any accompanying symptoms

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

No symptoms at all other than its irritating to bend. I'm hoping that's all it is. I was a revision vbg to RNY so doc told me since it was a more complicated surgery he would have to do an open.

I'm over 3 weeks out and so far so good...on pureed/soft and so far have not had any instances of food getting stuck. I just do not want anything. To me, everything has no taste. At surgery I was at 295 and am down to 271. I do not get that full feeling either, which worries me, but I'm like you in thinking that when I start regular food, I'll have that. My issue to date is a large lump about 5 inches long and 2 inches wide along my midline incision. (I had an open procedure). Last visit Dr thought it was a Fluid pocket, but it hasn't gone down, and is very hard. It's been there since day one. I'm going to doc Monday and am gonna be needing some answers! Anyone else experienced this?

Update....the large thing on my tummy beside my incision turned out to be a seroma...it should absorb slowly but if it's still there in 2 months at my next appt, we're gonna drain it. Happy it wasn't something serious. [emoji12]

How's everyone doing??? Almost a month out and down 27 lbs. I'll take that! Still a bit weak, wishing I had taken 6 weeks instead of 4. ???? but all in all I feel pretty darn good!

Im glad i took the six weeks. Im able to sleep on sides now and it is so nice to sleep the night without having to get up to pee. Only down 12 lbs in 3 weeks but im only 18 lbs from goal weight.

Bigmoe

Im glad i took the six weeks. Im able to sleep on sides now and it is so nice to sleep the night without having to get up to pee. Only down 12 lbs in 3 weeks but im only 18 lbs from goal weight.

Bigmoe

Glad you're feeling better bigmoe!