Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 10 months post op, and now have hypothyroidism. So my loss is and has been so slow. I'm not unhappy with where I am. I work out 4/5 days a week and eat as healthy as I can. I'm weight hw 305 cw 215. Any one else have this issue? Also I have an umbilical hernia and need my bladder lifted...

Edited by djhavens92

Have you gotten meds for your hypothyroidism? Once you get the right dose, it will help. I have had to adjust my Synthroid dose a couple of times since surgery trying to get back to the perfect balance but it hasn't slowed down my weight loss (thank goodness).

I have hypothyroidism too. Sucks, doesn't it?

It is slow going, but I am still losing. I chose not to go on medication for it. Lord! I swallow enough medication now to choke a goat!

On the bright side: with your hernia and bladder repair you should have little or no difficulty getting any needed/wanted skin surgery approved.

I think you're doing a fantastic job on your journey. Keep moving forward, friend. "You ain't done yet". :)

It is slow going, but I am still losing. I chose not to go on medication for it. Lord! I swallow enough medication now to choke a goat!

On the bright side: with your hernia and bladder repair you should have little or no difficulty getting any needed/wanted skin surgery approved.

I think you're doing a fantastic job on your journey. Keep moving forward, friend. "You ain't done yet". :)

I have friends. On Monday to figure all this out. Glad to know once on the right med school I can still achieve my loss. Thanks again

I have dr.. On Monday to figure all this out. Glad to know once on the right med school I can achieve my loss. Thanks again

May I ask- what does the bladder lift/ hernia repair have to do with skin surgery approval? I desperately need the lift and think I may have an umbilical hernia. Thanks!

Most insurance companies will approve skin removal surgery if there is another surgery needed that is not "cosmetic".

I went from Hyper thyroid to Hypo thyroid now.

Last year I was diagnosed with Graves disease, was severely Hyper thyroid. Yes, my WLS surgeon and his endocrinologist picked up on it.

My WLS had to be put on hold.

Had Radioactive Iodine last August 2015, went Hypo thyroid December 2015.

On Thyroxine since January 2016. At least it is only one tiny tablet per day, versus 16-20 I had to take daily, when I was Hyper thyroid!

Both Hyper and Hypo suck!

I am also concerned re: slower weight loss now.

I am 24 days post op, so too early to see re my weight loss.

I know, it is no good to compare myself with other people.

I am glad that I can connect with other Thyroid members :)

@ - several of us here have Graves Disease. Glad they found yours and you should eventually be on the road to recovery following RAI. Please know that you could absorb your med differently so you will need to be tested every 8 weeks or so or at least keep a very close eye on your symptoms to request blood test and potentially make med adjustment. Having said that, it has not affected my weight loss at all. I had RAI in Feb 2012. Gastric Bypass in June 2015 and down 135 pounds. Have adjusted my Synthroid 3 times since surgery and feeling another change needs to be made. Just had lab work on Friday so we will see. Good luck!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using the BariatricPal App

@@Daisee68

Thank you!

It is wonderful to hear from others that also have Graves disease. To share experiences and support.

Yes, frequent blood tests. Mine were every 30 days, now every 6 weeks.

Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss, despite this thyroid disease!

Well done!!!

It is a relief for me to hear that :)

Good luck with your lab work! :)