Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had the vsg about 2 years ago. Lost about 100 lbs and felt amazing. But thennnnnn life happened. I became a nurse, my father passed and I miscarried. Needless to say, I've gained about 30 lbs back. Has this happened to anyone else? We're you able to lose again? If so, how?

I'm just really trying to take my control back. I want to stop this weight gain now. Get back on track. If anyone has any advice. Or success stories involving gaining after the vsg then losing again, please share. I'm ready to take my life back again, I just need help on how to get started!

Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I have heard this before from many...i have no exp but my guess is start back to basics...my surgeon says its very easy to stretch your stomach...so i will spend the rest of my life trying not to do that but life does happen...go back to basics hun...cant hurt...

I am so sorry for your losses. I can't even begin to imagine how hard it must be to experience such loss.

I am not in your shoes but want to encourage you not to give up. I truly believe it is never too late.

I would recommend you make an appointment with your NUT to talk about your struggles/challenges and your goals.

In the meantime, go back to basics.

Follow your program.

Track your food.

Make sure you get at least 64 oz of water/fluid daily.

Make sure you are getting in all of your Protein every day.

Avoid starches, added sugars, and fried food.< /p>

Take your Vitamins and supplements as instructed.

Exercise.

You can do this!

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

You are not alone. Many vets return here when they start to regain a little. The most common advice is a return to basics:

• Protein first!
  • Get your Water in
  • Take your Vitamins
  • Track your food
  • Eat on a schedule (no grazing)
  • Don't eat and drink at the same time
  • Don't drink your calories
  • Move more!

Some people even like to do a return to the liquid diet for a few days to kick their carb cravings.

I am in the exact same boat as you. I had VSG in May 2013 and lost about 90 pounds. I have now gained back about 25 and I am starting to panic a little myself. The last time I went to the doctor I had gained some and they told me that that was typical to gain back about 15 to 20 percent of what you lost. I am thinking about going back on the bariatric shakes just for a short while to shrink my stomach back up. Good luck to you.

It does often happen but it doesn't have to. I am above my lowest weight but under goal 4 years out. It CAN be done but takes diligence and willingness to start over and over every time you get off track. It is the story for the rest of our lives.

Sent from my KFJWI using the BariatricPal App

So sorry for everything u and ur family have gone thru. My heart goes out to you.

I've read where your sleeve is a tool and it's always there for u and u can shrink it back down. It takes about two to three weeks but it will get back to post surgery size. You can google it to find directions. It's similar to the post op diet but instead of 6 weeks it's more like 2-3 weeks. Hope that helps.

look at the 5 Day pouch reset, i'm doing it and it is helping. i recently regained 8-9 lbs from life too...

So sorry for everything u and ur family have gone thru. My heart goes out to you.

I've read where your sleeve is a tool and it's always there for u and u can shrink it back down. It takes about two to three weeks but it will get back to post surgery size. You can google it to find directions. It's similar to the post op diet but instead of 6 weeks it's more like 2-3 weeks. Hope that helps.

Is this the same thing as the 5 day pouch reset?

Thank you all so much!! I literally forgot how supportive and helpful this site can be!!!