Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 DAYS UNTIL SURGERY

I was wondering how you feel closing in on your date? I am sorta blah heading into this week. I'm not sure if the nerves are counter acting the excitement or what.

I never really got excited. It's kind of like going to the dentist, you know it will be good for you, but there will be some discomfort along the way. Over the last 17 months post-op though, I have learned a lot about myself and the one thing I found to be key to my success in this process is a Positive Mental Attitude (PMA). Every day isn't rainbows and unicorns, and some days are 2 steps forward and one step back, but you have to still count the step forward. There were weeks when I busted my butt to follow the rules with little or no success and there were weeks that I was sure I wouldn't have lost an ounce and I was down 3 lbs. What matters is that you dont let those bad times remain in your mind too long. Listen to the people in charge of your care, ask questions, and follow the rules and you will succeed. Please keep us posted!

Edited by aelovelady

I have lost close to 50lbs when they only asked me to lose 15lbs pre surgery. I am mentally ready for this. I understand there will be easy and hard times. I'm not worried about that either. I was just wondering if others were kinda blah and not too pumped up prior to the procedure.

Edited by KLSUMM

Wow! That is an awesome start and really shows your dedication to the process!

Thanks! I have been eating clean, using a small plate, and drinking a gallon a day or close to it. I am dedicated and ready for this next chapter for sure.

It sounds like you got this, to me!

You're focused I'm sure, you know what's ahead. I get quiet a few days before all my surgeries, and I've had 5 just in the past 4 years. 3 of them, major surgeries.

I get quiet, because I start focusing on being on the other side of the fence. Maybe it's some kind of psychological mind trick, but it helps me if I am getting too fearful.

You sound so prepared for this, I congratulate you for that kind of prep. Well done!

Good luck with everything!

I was the same way for this surgery, 3/21/16 although I did have 3 other bariatric surgeries, and didn't want this one I had to, so go in knowing that you have chosen what is considered the gold standard for for bariatrics, yes I'm sure it's your nerves making you feel blah' and great job on the pre op weight loss

Thanks! Sorry you have had to go through so much. Oddly I don't feel nervous. I just feel like it's like no big deal. I am sorta feeling like I am past the surgery if that makes sense. I'm not sure how to explain it.

I can understand, and good luck with everything

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches