Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

11 months since surgery and I only lost 25 pounds. Metabolism destroyed.

y Well my sleeve brought my metabolism to a halt and my weightloss also. I have only been able to lose 25 pounds in 11 months since my surgery where as I lost 60 plus pounds on my prior to it. Yes, I have done everything the recommendations etc. At this time I can pretty much eat 80 percent of the volume of a normal sized meal if I choose too, which I don't. Also my appetite is 80 percent normal. So I have maintained the pitiful 25 pounds weightloss from the surgery for almost a year but unfortunately the other 55 pounds I need to lose to be healthy I can't lose because my metabolism is destroyed. My doctor has no explanation. to a halt. I WAS

Multiple typos, sorry, unable to edit. Had to cut and paste from another app to even post.

I have a nutritionist. Doing 1000 or less calories, 95 grams Protein, low carb, minimum 8 glasses Water, the whole party line.

What do you eat in a typical day?

Also gym 6 days a week.

My GERD has not improved, sleep Apnea, Arthritis, High cholesterol all there and some lab values such as triglycerides worse since surgery.

You are working out 6 days a week and your nutritionist thinks 1000 calories a day is enough? That seems too low if you are burning calories.

Did you have GERD before surgery? My understanding is the sleeve makes GERD worse not better.

y Well my sleeve brought my metabolism to a halt and my weightloss also. I have only been able to lose 25 pounds in 11 months since my surgery where as I lost 60 plus pounds on my prior to it. Yes, I have done everything the recommendations etc. At this time I can pretty much eat 80 percent of the volume of a normal sized meal if I choose too, which I don't. Also my appetite is 80 percent normal. So I have maintained the pitiful 25 pounds weightloss from the surgery for almost a year but unfortunately the other 55 pounds I need to lose to be healthy I can't lose because my metabolism is destroyed. My doctor has no explanation. to a halt. I WAS

How much Protein are you getting in every day?

If I ate 80% of the volume I ate pre-op that would be a disaster because I wasn't eating nearly enough Protein and ate too many carbs/starches.

Are you avoiding starches, added sugar, and fried foods?

Are you drinking at least 64 oz of fluid/water a day?

Are you taking your Vitamins and supplements?

Are you exercising?

Have you ever thought about getting a second opinion from another surgeon?

I was following a lady on YouTube and she,too, lost about 25-30lbs in a year, she disappeared for awhile and returned explaining she sought out a second opinion & found out she needed a revision. Within 6 months after the revision,she lost all her weight.

Hope you don't have to go down that road & maybe there's an easier answer. Just something to consider……

Yes, I was thinking about that young lady. She had the exact issue and when she returned she lost the weight and explained why and it sounds exactly like your issue. You definitely need a 2nd opinion.

I am a revision from band to RNY and my weight loss is slow.I have decided to go paleo.

All good advice. Not sure I want more surgery. I have tried tweeking my diet over the last 11 months but nothing seems to help. My situation is very frustrating.

Have any diagnostics been done on your GI tract, including sleeve size/volume?