Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What's it like to lose 100lbs?

My surgery is next month probably and it seems sureal to me. I feel line there's no way I'll actually lose 100lbs even though I'm projected to lose more than that. I guess I feel like weight loss is simply impossible and it won't happen. After such a big weight loss, do you feel thin or do you still see yourself as fat?

How you feel after losing that amount will depend on how much you have to lose all up...

I was a bit non-plussed after my first 100...

But then I still had another 200 to go...

My second hundred was much better...

It made a bigger difference to the way I felt and looked...

Now that I'm into my third hundred, I can really see things changing...

I'm still all screwed up in the head tho...

I can't see the changes like others can see the changes...

But apparently they're there...

And who am I to argue with people who want to pay me compliments??!?!

Do you have pets?????

Go to the nearest pet store......hoist up two of their largest bags of dog food and walk around the store with it.

There ya go.

That's 100lbs on hoof.

Feels damn good to get rid of it.

You'll never want it back....PROMISE !!!!

Congrats on all your weight loss! How much more do you have to go? I'm 260 right now, I'd be thrilled to get to 160

I've lost 90 so far and looking forward to hitting that 100 lb mark. I still have 55 to go. I feel much better physically because of working out and less weight to carry around, but I still don't feel skinny. I think I will feel differently after loosing 25 more. Then I will just be over weight and not obese. I do notice that I look more like many people out there today, but that doesn't say much given the obesity rates of Americans today.

I've lost 100 pounds. It feels amazing. Healthy. No pain. Daily life is easy. Energy is unreal. Knee surgery has been canceled. I am in control of what I eat. I wear a size 4. I'm no longer agoraphobic or immobile. I feel pretty. I look amazing for my age.

Want some of that? ;)

That's awesome you got to a size 4, I can't even imagine. What size did you start out if you don't mind me asking?

Ps how do I quote someone?

It feels awesome! No more pain. Epic energy, endurance and strength. And I look amazing. I stare at myself and turn this way and that to admire my image in any reflective surface I walk by. My hotness never gets old. ;)

200 lbs lost on Palm Sunday morning! I'll shake a palm at that. I feel wonderful, with SOOOO much more energy. I will say percentage wise, the last 15-20 lbs have seemed to have a bigger impact on how I look and feel than most of the other 80-90. And like @@Dub says, I was bitching about the 2- 3 gal. jugs of Water I was lugging into the house the other day(only 50 lbs) when I realized how much I used to lug around daily as my "normal". I shut up pretty quickly.

After such a big weight loss, do you feel thin or do you still see yourself as fat?

I have thin days and fat days but so do my friends who have never had surgery. Unfortunately, I let the scale rule my perception of myself too much.

To quote @@Kindle my hotness never gets old. And I'll quote @@VSGAnn2014 to say I think I look better than most women my age. Not sure if any of that's true or if it's my imagination, but I don't care, because I THINK it's true, so I can say for sure that I'm confident in the way I look. I feel as good as I think I look, which is more important.

In all seriousness, I'd been morbidly obese 30 years, so getting to the mental state I'm in now took some time. I had to let go of numbers on the scale and BMI, because those clearly show I'm "overweight". I'm not, but it took a while for me to actually see that. Everyone is different, but it is pretty common around here for it to take a while for things to settle into place. And what a wonderful place it is!

150# lost..and the most amazing thing for me is I haven't regained it. If you are on a pc, click my profile to see photos. That before photo is from a time when I doubted it could be real.

Sent from my KFJWI using the BariatricPal App

That's awesome you got to a size 4, I can't even imagine. What size did you start out if you don't mind me asking?

Ps how do I quote someone?

I would NEVER have predicted I would wear a size 4. NEVER! When I was 235 pounds (highest ever) about 3 months pre-op, I wore a 20 Womans/Plus size in Pendleton suits. I never throw good clothes away, so I had plenty to wear all the way down through regular 14s. I even had a few "comfy" 12s in the closet. But after that the cupboard was bare. Then I had to buy some 10s, thinking I was "done." Then when I hit 8s I thought that was it and started to invest serious money in 8s. Nope. Wasn't through.

When you get below 8s, you find that different manufacturers' / designers' / stores' sizes fluctuate a lot. I also wear some 2s and some 6s and even use some 8s separates. But 4s work best for me in jeans and most separates (Polo, Worth New York, etc.).

Big pro-tip: The best news is that I found an amazing, local high-end consignment clothing shop that charges 10-20% of NWT ("new with tags") prices. They've really helped me build a great wardrobe. I hope you can find a place like that.

200 lbs lost on Palm Sunday morning! I'll shake a palm at that. I feel wonderful, with SOOOO much more energy. I will say percentage wise, the last 15-20 lbs have seemed to have a bigger impact on how I look and feel than most of the other 80-90. And like @@Dub says, I was bitching about the 2- 3 gal. jugs of Water I was lugging into the house the other day(only 50 lbs) when I realized how much I used to lug around daily as my "normal". I shut up pretty quickly.

Me, too, @@DavidOso ... the last 15 pounds made an enormous difference in how I looked. That's when I went from size 10 to size 4 (see above). That's also when my knee pain completely disappeared. :)

Rvamom...losing 100lbs FEELS FREAKIN FANTASTIC!!! And I had my doubts initially I'd ever do it...but I did! I don't "feel" fat. I feel good! I feel great! I want to shout it from the rooftops and I THANK GOD everyday for this second chance.

Losing 100+ pounds feels FREEING!!!

Finally I can LIVE my life instead of just existing in it ...

And I second pretty much everything else that the others have said ...

:)