Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any March 28th sleevers?

Hey guys, I am being sleeved on the 28th and my doctor just required 1 day of liquid diet. Im afraid. I see many people go on liquid diets atleast a week before surgery. What kind of things should i consume on the liquid diet? Also should i take a laxative before surgery? Help please !

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App

I am the twenty eighth too. I have two days of Clear liquids starting Saturday and I am taking colace all this week, and Sunday I have to take two in the am and two at night. Nothing to eat or drink after midnight except a small sip to take my thyroid medication. My goal is to pack 1000x into Saturday and Sunday, because if I am busy I won't notice that I am only drinking Soup, tea and Water.

My doc doesn't require a preop diet but encourages high Protein, low card foods especially the week or to before. So I did, one shake a day, Protein with salad for lunch, protein with raw, non starch veggies for dinner. It was terrible the first week but so far I have lost twelve pounds (even with my monthly bloating which is usually about 3-5 pounds of Water weight). This week has been smooth and it really helped with the cravings/head hunger and I have more energy. I even packed my kids easter baskets and stuffed dozens of plastic eggs for our family egg hunt, all with out being tempted to sneak any candy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I am the twenty eighth too. I have two days of Clear Liquids starting Saturday and I am taking colace all this week, and Sunday I have to take two in the am and two at night. Nothing to eat or drink after midnight except a small sip to take my thyroid medication. My goal is to pack 1000x into Saturday and Sunday, because if I am busy I won't notice that I am only drinking Soup, tea and Water.

My doc doesn't require a preop diet but encourages high Protein, low card foods especially the week or to before. So I did, one shake a day, Protein with salad for lunch, protein with raw, non starch veggies for dinner. It was terrible the first week but so far I have lost twelve pounds (even with my monthly bloating which is usually about 3-5 pounds of Water weight). This week has been smooth and it really helped with the cravings/head hunger and I have more energy. I even packed my kids easter baskets and stuffed dozens of plastic eggs for our family egg hunt, all with out being tempted to sneak any candy.

Wow that is much easier than 1 week liquids, but guess I just have to get use to it, that's our life for 6 weeks after

Sent from my SGH-M919 using the BariatricPal App

Yeah, I really lucked out. But when I asked why he said he found his patients were less likely to start solids early when he stopped requiring long liquid preops and he didn't notice any difference in liver size or other problems.

I'm getting mine done on the 28th as well! My doc required 5 day liquid diet the first two days were full liquids like Protein Shakes, vegetable juice, fruit juice (all low or no sugar at all), etc. and the final 3 days just clear liquids (broth, ice pops, jello) etc. I'm on day 2 and its been rough, i couldn't imagine 2 weeks of this. On day 5 (Sunday) my doc also requires us to take magnesium citrate to flush out our system completely. Yay for Easter sunday on the toilet!

Hey guys, I am being sleeved on the 28th and my doctor just required 1 day of liquid diet. Im afraid. I see many people go on liquid diets atleast a week before surgery. What kind of things should i consume on the liquid diet? Also should i take a laxative before surgery? Help please !

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App

It's really important to follow your surgeons instructions. If you have questions on what you can eat or drink prior to surgery (and after for that matter) you should call the surgeons office and ask. Same with the laxative. You don't want to take someone's good intended advice and end up getting your surgery canceled because you did something he didn't agree with or think was healthy.

A few more days guys. The next few days of colace and clear fluids are going to be rough.

I am being sleeved on the 29th clear liquids day before and no laxatives boy to I feel lucky

I'm being sleeved on the 28th as well queens! Do you guys have a IG account? we should follow each other ! Mine is @ms.sleevearella :)