Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dear Sleeve,

While I prepared myself for your coming, I did not expect the surprises you brought to me. My O2 was uncontrolled, Alarms continued to go off- waking me up from my rest. The Nurses kept telling me to breath. My poor husband was so worried. We did not prepare for the scare. Sleeve- while I planned for your arrival, I did not expect to go home without pain meds. Doctors . new practice - no pain meds except tylenol- why me. First night home as a nightmare. Vomiting, Pain, unable to sleep. First set of WLS patients where he decided to use this new protocol. Nausea is my constant companion since you arrived. The struggle to get one ounce of liquid in me. The dreaded regret has arrived. When will I feel better? When will my sleeve become my friend, I keep telling myself it will better and I will see benefits from my sleeve. Just not yet... :wacko:

Ooh Marie, I am so sorry you feel so bad. I am 11 days post-op and by day 4 I felt 100% better and different. It will get better and you will love your sleeve! At first I was pushing myself with Protein drinks and Water until someone on here suggested Isoplure. In drinking that it kinda covers both. ( still have to try your Water intake) I don't understand not getting pain meds after a major surgery and if I could I would bring you mine lol..

Good luck and I will keep you in my prayers....

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Oh how terrible to be sent home with no pain meds and to have the scares in the hospital. My night in the hospital was good except it was so loud. I also got very nauseas for the first week until I started taking the meds every 4 hours and then I was good. Call your Dr. and have them call your meds in for you. Sip small sips things will get better and your regret will go away. I was sleeved 1/25/16. I have issues getting food in at times so I drink my muscle milk and Isopure to make sure to get 80 grams of Protein. I've lost 40lbs all together and I feel really good. This is a great support group and I have learned so much just reading about everything from everyone. Everyone is different in their journey in how they have lost weight. I hope you are feeling better soon.

God i hope you feel better pronto.!. Who did your surgery and where? Do you regret it/ or would you do it all over again somewhere else .... why are you feeling like this this did yur doctor say have you told him ... im soo sorry.

thanks for sharing

I hope your recovery gets better. I am several years out and still have problems. The success part is I have lost 65 lb and am able to keep it off. The downside is constant gas, the runs, sudden unexpected urges to go to the bathroom, getting sick from foods I used to enjoy and other minor inconveniences. I have also observed others that have had the surgery a few years before I did, only to gain it all back. Bottom line with me is this....I would diet, use self control and save my money from my surgery for other things. My remarks in the past has brought about scorn from others but, this is my experience. Hope it is better with you.

I have to agree...Every surgeon is different, but they should at least discuss & prepare you for the post-op piece of this---explaining what you'd be sent home with...so you'd have had the chance to ASK for meds---just in case.

If you do end up calling your surgeon, and they don't/ won't call anything in, Dramamine (for motion sickness) is available over the counter and combats nausea...as would sipping tea with ginger stirred in.

*I've been a nurse for 25 years, so feel totally safe in suggesting those things*

Sure hope things get better for you & FAST...None of us needs hiccups in the road to recovery =/

...and I also agree that this forum is a great support resource, as there are LOTS of 'old timers' here who are experienced sleevers and do not hesitate to help out newbies! <3

Edited by karen091866

Dear Sleeve,

Today, day 5 was better having you around. You have made more room in my stomach- so we are sharing that space in my tummy. We successfully negotiated a compromised a treaty on where to draw the line to prevent discomfort for both of Side. I was able to reach both my Water and Protein goal.I is so nice to wake up to my sleeve with an appetite I think we are getting used to each other better. My Sleeve's pain has gone down significately. Now the feeling is much more like a muscle pull or twing

Day 5- starting to see the sun shine I relieved a sign from God today that everything was go to be fine. My hubby ad i saw 7 deer in my backyard. 4 of the 7 were babies .Those babies represent the new life i as starting. So far the road has changed- No longer feeling regret> My sleeve has moved in and has stopped some of the disruption.

Yeah!

Can you switch docs for post op care? Also involve your pcp in your after care. Hang in there. This sounds less like sleeve and more like malpractice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Dear Sleeve,

Lost 10 lbs since surgery date ( 1 week post surgery) This is why we do this. Still very weak. Looking forward to the next stage of food so I can get more strength/energy.

We have learned to live with each other, Sleeve...

good to hear that you are feeling better and that you and your sleeve are getting along. now for the most rewarding part LOSING WEIGHT yeahhhhhhh!!!!!

Dear Sleeve, I have to admit I am getting use to you. I have began to see benefits for having you around. 15 lbs in 3 weeks is pretty good. Sometimes I amaze myself that I had the courage to do this- but glad I did

Good to hear! I am trying to mentally prepare that I have to give myself a month but then sectetly hoping that is really enough time to adjust to the new normal

:)