Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You will find a lot of suggestions on shakes. My favorite is Premier Protein ready made shakes (they have chocolate, vanilla and berry - I like the chocolate). They are only 11 oz of Fluid and pack 30g of Protein. Some people don't like these, so try one out and see what you think. You can find them on sale at Sam's and costco occasionally (on sale at Sam's this month for $14 I think for 12 shakes?). Walmart carries them in packs of 4 so you can try them. For powder, I use Precision Engineered whey Protein Isolate (be sure to get isolate - it processes better supposedly). I love the chocolate and the vanilla - and these are also low sugar and 30g protein. Best advice I got about shakes is to find some sugar free flavored syrups (Torani is one of the brands - you can find the at Walmart, World Market and on Amazon). I LOVE the salted caramel one added to vanilla! Oh and one last suggestion if you like orange flavored is get Orange Crush single packet flavored powder, add it to the vanilla powder and then milk or Water (I generally use 2 oz of milk and 4 or 5 oz of Water and the 3 or 4 ice cubes if I am mixing it all up in my blender). (Fairlife milk is great - more protein and lower sugar. Try that also if you haven't.)

Some other brands talked about on here are powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and Isopure and Matrix. If you have a Vitamin Shoppe near you, they have some individual packets so you can buy them and try them.

Hope that helps!

Oh and I didn't answer your question about Vitamins. I am kind of stumped on that one myself. I have been using Nascobal which is a prescription B12 nasal spray and they send Vitamins with the B12 and they have been great and are covered by insurance. I have new insurance now though with a $5000 deductible and I am not sure I am wanting to put out that money. The most important thing is once you find one, is to take it EVERY DAY. You have to do this like it is a prescription and is as important as eating the right foods. Your NUT should give you guidelines on amounts - typically it is sublingual B12 1000mcg per day (MUST GET SUBLINGUAL). Calcium citrate (be sure to get citrate - I don't remember the dosage on this one as I am not taking Calcium due to long history of kidney stones and instructions from my endocrinologist - will see how this level is doing next month). Iron - 24mg per day. Multivitamin - I was told to look for a complete Vitamin and then take twice the dose (i.e. if bottle says take 1 pill per day then we are to take 2 per day). I like Centrum chewables and may stick with those.

Again, hope that helps!

Delete - duplicate

Edited by Daisee68

Thank you so much! It lessens the stress I have about it all for sure there are just so many options I guess I won't know until I go and look more into it but that at least gives me a head start as I'm a planner and nothing about this surgery is really plannable lol

Oh girl I completely understand!! I am a planner too! I was so overwhelmed at first and honestly that lasted for a couple of months while getting in the groove but I am down 100 pounds since surgery (130 total including 3 month supervised diet and 1 week liquid pre-op diet) and I would not trade the experience for anything! The people on this board have been so great to help me with this so keep checking back here all the way and feel free to PM me with questions if you want. I will answer as best as I can!

It is common after RNY surgery for your tastebuds to change. So when it comes to Protein Shakes, you might wait until after surgery to decide which brands or types to take. In other words don't stock up now. Be willing to experiment until you find one that you can tolerate.

RNY April 4 - so confused about where to get my Vitamins for after surgery and what is best. Also what shakes are the best and I don't want to spend an astronomical amount on that stuff.

My Dr recommends 2 Flintstone chewable daily and I'm on one pure Protein one carnation instant Breakfast and another shake of my choice as long as it fits 15 plus grams of Protein low sugar low fat.

nikrny3816

My Bari office just told me about optisource Multivitamins specifically made for after bariatric surgery, she told me if you get those you take one 4x per day and said it had the Calcium and everything needed, she did suggest an additional Biotin for the hair.< /p>

Oh and I got them on Amazon and got one month supply for $27 I think