Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my new Fitbit Charge HR

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal AppNo kidding..... I thought it was just steps! I didn't know you could change the activities! Good to know!

I got mine a couple weeks ago and love it! I haven't had surgery yet but am trying to instill all good habits for post-op.

Re: @@Margie122, it will record you doing things as a baseline, but it has 10 (?) basic workouts preloaded you can tap on to select what you are doing; run, walk, bike, cardio, weights, and a generic "workout," and you can add/delete other activities like yoga, stair climbing, etc.

I "think" it's good to actually tell it you are doing a dedicated class/workout and hit the start/stop function, because from what I read, it doesn't record your activity (warmup) for like the first 11 minutes as working out, just the movement (to count the heightened calories you'd want it to record it as part of the workout.)

I'm guessing it counts your starting height/weight/BMI and factors a 300-lb person exercising at X intensity for this known sport (spinning burns 1000 calories an hour, say,) that gets you Y calories burned in a 45-minute class.

Whereas if you just wear it as working out without specifying, yes, it will record exercise/steps, but maybe not as many calories of, say, your feet spinning the pedals? I may be explaining it wrong, but there is a stop/start with specific workouts listed for a reason, LOL.

Having said that, before I knew to do it, I wore it walking about 17,000 steps one day and it recorded it, and MAN, was that cool to see it sync to MFP and tell me I "earned" like an additional 800 calories I could eat! Wahoo!

I love the Fitbit! My husband was put out when I wanted to wear it fooling around to see how many calories I burned. Guess I was taking my new tracking obsession a little too far, LOL.

And, no, they don't have "fooling around" as a chosen activity to track;-)

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Edited by nicksmommy

Just ordered the Fitbit Blaze. The stupid Charge HR is tracking steps I'm not even taking! :angry: I tried changing the settings from non-dominant to dominant to make it less sensitive but that didn't really work. I took it off and set it on my desk to prevent extra steps but somehow it still logged 3-400 steps while it sat there. I took a break and decided I'd test it against actually counting and it still logged a couple hundred more. Ugh!

Blaze will be here tonight..in time for the challenge. :D

I thought I was doing good until my latest update! Nicksmommy you are seriously kickin ass and takin names!

Omg.... you are more than double my steps! You are Christina are leaving me in the dust!! It's all good! I like that it motivates us all!

Edited by nicksmommy

Hey there - I didn't get added to any challenge. :(

Hey there - I didn't get added to any challenge. :(

I'm sorry ! I just checked and looks like I had a typo in the address I put in for you. You should have it now! :)

My charge hr doesn't count my steps properly. It shorts me several thousand. My husband wore it and it worked fine for him. I wore his and was still shorted steps. For some reason it doesn't like the way I walk and I can only get it to work right if I keep my arm still by my side which is not comfortable to do. There's a whole thread on this on the Fitbit forums from other people who experience the same thing. I bought a Fitbit One and it works great. I love it!

My charge hr doesn't count my steps properly. It shorts me several thousand. My husband wore it and it worked fine for him. I wore his and was still shorted steps. For some reason it doesn't like the way I walk and I can only get it to work right if I keep my arm still by my side which is not comfortable to do. There's a whole thread on this on the Fitbit forums from other people who experience the same thing. I bought a Fitbit One and it works great. I love it!

That is really strange - I wonder why it does that ?? Glad the One works for you! :)

Well, it would have been smart if I had actually remembered to put my FitBit on this morning! Can't really do a challenge if you don't put it on...

I was wondering what happened to ya! ;)

Edited by nicksmommy

So far my Charge HR has been pretty accurate on the steps.

Mine too. I have only noticed a few times that it did not register some flights that I did, but I'd rather it be under, than showing too many.

Mine too. I have only noticed a few times that it did not register some flights that I did, but I'd rather it be under, than showing too many.

Yeah, mine was over counting by a few hundred at a time.

Yeah, that's not good! Did you get your Blaze?

Yeah, that's not good! Did you get your Blaze?

Yes, I did and put it to the test earlier today. I spent part of my lunch 1/2 hour walking about a mile. Haven't walked in a REALLY long time and it doesn't help that I have a desk job. The most walking I'm getting other than the lunch break is taking the LONNNNGGGGG way around the building to go to the bathroom. LOL

Edited by determinedtolive