Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my new Fitbit Charge HR

So far my Charge HR has been pretty accurate on the steps.

Mine too. I have only noticed a few times that it did not register some flights that I did, but I'd rather it be under, than showing too many.

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

Yeah, mine was over counting by a few hundred at a time.
Yeah, that's not good! Did you get your Blaze?

Yes, I did and put it to the test earlier today. I spent part of my lunch 1/2 hour walking about a mile. Haven't walked in a REALLY long time and it doesn't help that I have a desk job. The most walking I'm getting other than the lunch break is taking the LONNNNGGGGG way around the building to go to the bathroom. LOL
Steps are steps, no matter how you get em in! It's all good!! :)

I'm in an emergency call center, so I'm not moving too much during my work day either. I keep my bottled Water down the hall in our break room. When I need another bottle, I take the long way, and go down/back up the stairs before getting it and heading back. If I don't have stuff to do on my lunch hour, I will walk around inside, or outside now that it is finally warming up!

The question of the day: Is it waterproof? Can you wear it swimming?

If you're looking for a waterproof tracker, check out the Garmin Vivosmart HR. I love it! It's completely waterproof so I don't even have to take it off to shower. It buzzes to remind you to move if you haven't walked a certain number of steps in an hour (great for me as I have a desk job and a tendency to get 'in the zone' and not move for three hours), you can have it push your mobile notifications to it, you can get your local weather, as well as the typical trackers like steps, stairs, and sleep! The Garmin Connect mobile app also has a super sleek interface and I love it!
I want one that is waterproof as I do a lot of kayak fishing. Does the Garmin track elevation as well? I do the stairs at work and want one that will track those steps too.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the BariatricPal App

I'm in an emergency call center, so I'm not moving too much during my work day either. I keep my bottled Water down the hall in our break room. When I need another bottle, I take the long way, and go down/back up the stairs before getting it and heading back. If I don't have stuff to do on my lunch hour, I will walk around inside, or outside now that it is finally warming up!

I heard that! I promised the kids I'd take them to the amusement park this weekend if they get their chores done. If they do, I should get quite a few steps in. Lord knows I can't get on any rides! :)

My Water sits on my desk. I put a gallon in the freezer when I get in about 5:30-ish and I take it out an hour later. I drink right from the gallon. I'm classy like that. :D

I heard that! I promised the kids I'd take them to the amusement park this weekend if they get their chores done. If they do, I should get quite a few steps in. Lord knows I can't get on any rides! :)

My Water sits on my desk. I put a gallon in the freezer when I get in about 5:30-ish and I take it out an hour later. I drink right from the gallon. I'm classy like that. :D

I like it!! ;)

I place my fitbit in a ziploc baggie and the place it in a small waterproof cellphone case when I do Water aerobics or swimming.

Also, I attach it to my shoelace when using the recumbent bike. I hate to lose steps so I've found ways to improvise. Hope this helps

I just bought a Garmin Vivosmart HR today. I researched and researched. I like this one because it tracks heart rate, floors of stairs climbed and is 100% waterproof.

My fitbit charge HR is Water PROOF.

It was ordered from Amazon and came with all of the documentation telling about how it is waterproof. I have worn it three times a week swimming since Valentines' Day without incident.

My fitbit charge HR is Water PROOF.

It was ordered from Amazon and came with all of the documentation telling about how it is waterproof. I have worn it three times a week swimming since Valentines' Day without incident.

I do not know what you read but via Fitbit own website they say to NOT swim with it. It is Water and splash resistant only.

Read the specs on it.

https://www.fitbit.com/chargehr

I know. I have read and researched and actually called. I even sent pictures of the box that mine came in to Fitbit for clarification.

It clearly says, "Water proof", on two different places on the box as well as in the pamphlet that came with it.

When the Company asked me where it was purchased, I told them, "Amazon".

Like I said I've worn it everyday since my b'day--Valentines' Day--3/wk in the pool.

????

Wait...... Fitbit themselves asked you where you got it?

That's what I said.

It's a Fitbit charge HR, purchased on Amazon. I only called them to clarify any confusion only to end up more confused than ever. I saved the box and the pamphlet just in case there is any questions further down the road.

They wanted to know if I wanted to send it back in exchange for a new one that is Water resistant. Hell no!!

I love my Water proof Fitbit.

Well, good luck with it !

So far, so good.

By the way, my daughter's sister-in-law who lives in Va. Beach also bought one on Amazon. Hers, too is Water PROOF.