Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got my new Fitbit Charge HR

The Jawbone U2 I ordered is on the smaller side and I'm afraid I'll break it by taking it on and off. Once the charger I ordered for my Fitbit comes in (Monday), I'll be switching back over to that so I can link with everyone. I don't do challenges to win as I prefer to just use them to get myself motivated, moving and accountable. They're more fun for me that way. :)

Exactly!! Let me know when you are up and running with your fitbit and I can add you to our challenges!

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

I've got the regular FitBit Charge and love it much better than the Flex. I wear mine in the shower and have submerged it in Water without issue.

The question of the day: Is it waterproof? Can you wear it swimming?

If you're looking for a waterproof tracker, check out the Garmin Vivosmart HR. I love it! It's completely waterproof so I don't even have to take it off to shower. It buzzes to remind you to move if you haven't walked a certain number of steps in an hour (great for me as I have a desk job and a tendency to get 'in the zone' and not move for three hours), you can have it push your mobile notifications to it, you can get your local weather, as well as the typical trackers like steps, stairs, and sleep! The Garmin Connect mobile app also has a super sleek interface and I love it!

If you're looking for a waterproof tracker, check out the Garmin Vivosmart HR. I love it! It's completely waterproof so I don't even have to take it off to shower. It buzzes to remind you to move if you haven't walked a certain number of steps in an hour (great for me as I have a desk job and a tendency to get 'in the zone' and not move for three hours), you can have it push your mobile notifications to it, you can get your local weather, as well as the typical trackers like steps, stairs, and sleep! The Garmin Connect mobile app also has a super sleek interface and I love it!

Thank you for the info.

My daughters bought me a Fitbit HR for my birthday and I love it. The daughters spent days doing research and finally found a waterproof (pool proof) Fitbit HR on Amazon.< /p>

There was a "waterproof" sticker on the front of the box and another "waterproof" sticker next to the code bar on the bottom of the box. The pamphlet stated how many feet under the Water a diver could go and still have the Fitbit remain waterproof.

I have worn it the pool three times a week since Valentines' Day without a single issue. I am extremely pleased with it.

Now, I hear from many that Fitbit HR is not waterproof--only Water resistant. I called Fitbit and spoke with a supervisor, Marc. He insisted that the HR or any Fitbit is NOT waterproof--only resistant. I took pictures of the box and the two "waterproof" stickers and faxed the pamphlet to him. He had absolutely no idea what's going on. Even though, I never asked, Fitbit mailed me a new Fitbit HR. Keep in mind that I am very satisfied with my original HR and was not willing to send it back. Marc--the supervisor didn't want me to mail it back. He just said that he felt "obligated" to send me another one.

So, now my daughter (my other daughter already had one) now has a Fitbit HR. I have kept my "waterproof" one because that one was the gift from my girls---and it is "waterproof". :)

Has anyone else heard of a "waterproof" Fitbit being sold on Amazon??

"Life just gets curiouser and curiouser "

I swim with Misfit Shine. It is branded by Speedo so I can set up the app to track my laps which is very cool.

I just got my Fitbit charge hr this week. Once I figure out how this works, I'm in!

Admittedly, I love to win games. However, like others mentioned, I'd like to participate just to keep moving.

Edited by Kathy812

Got the charger for my Fitbit but it won't stay charged so I ordered a Fitbit Charger HR...got it last night. Not sure how to add people (other than people I know) so let me know what I need to provide to join upcoming challenges.

I'm doing a challenge at work, so I guess I can start doing challenges with you folks too!

Add me! mandikayeottaway@gmail.com

Got the charger for my Fitbit but it won't stay charged so I ordered a Fitbit Charger HR...got it last night. Not sure how to add people (other than people I know) so let me know what I need to provide to join upcoming challenges.

Yay!! What is your email? I can add you both right now and start a challenge for tomorrow if you want! I will send the challenge invite once you are added.

Yay!! What is your email? I can add you both right now and start a challenge for tomorrow if you want! I will send the challenge invite once you are added.

Sent you a pm with it. :)

@@nicksmommy, me too! Sent PM

I just got it yesterday and I already love it. Does anyone know if you need to do anything special for it to record a workout? I have Zumba tomorrow morning....Will it just track it or do I need to "tell" it I'm in a fitness class? Sorry for the dumb question.

I just got it yesterday and I already love it. Does anyone know if you need to do anything special for it to record a workout? I have Zumba tomorrow morning....Will it just track it or do I need to "tell" it I'm in a fitness class? Sorry for the dumb question.

Not a dumb question at all! I'm still learning too, but so far, I LOVE my fitbit!!

You don't have to do anything special, just as long as it is on, it is tracking your steps! You should get a bunch in with Zumba! Send me your email address if you want to do a weekend challenge with us! :)

Edited by nicksmommy

I got mine a couple weeks ago and love it! I haven't had surgery yet but am trying to instill all good habits for post-op.

Re: @@Margie122, it will record you doing things as a baseline, but it has 10 (?) basic workouts preloaded you can tap on to select what you are doing; run, walk, bike, cardio, weights, and a generic "workout," and you can add/delete other activities like yoga, stair climbing, etc.

I "think" it's good to actually tell it you are doing a dedicated class/workout and hit the start/stop function, because from what I read, it doesn't record your activity (warmup) for like the first 11 minutes as working out, just the movement (to count the heightened calories you'd want it to record it as part of the workout.)

I'm guessing it counts your starting height/weight/BMI and factors a 300-lb person exercising at X intensity for this known sport (spinning burns 1000 calories an hour, say,) that gets you Y calories burned in a 45-minute class.

Whereas if you just wear it as working out without specifying, yes, it will record exercise/steps, but maybe not as many calories of, say, your feet spinning the pedals? I may be explaining it wrong, but there is a stop/start with specific workouts listed for a reason, LOL.

Having said that, before I knew to do it, I wore it walking about 17,000 steps one day and it recorded it, and MAN, was that cool to see it sync to MFP and tell me I "earned" like an additional 800 calories I could eat! Wahoo!

I love the Fitbit! My husband was put out when I wanted to wear it fooling around to see how many calories I burned. Guess I was taking my new tracking obsession a little too far, LOL.

And, no, they don't have "fooling around" as a chosen activity to track;-)