Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who was sleeved in January 2016?

I was sleeved on February 8th I have lost 30 pounds. For that sole reason I am okay with the sleeve. I have clothing that is starting to fit loose and pants that fit again. As far as eating I don't have the same joy as I did before. Which when I type it sounds a little bit ceiling but alas it is the truth. Currently I eat a lot of cheese probably too much cheese I make baked cheese crisps which are delicious I eat string cheese and of course cottage cheese I also like boiled eggs but I don't eat the yolk even though the nutritionist said the yolk is fine. I eat chicken but literally every time I have it I am mad at myself for eating it because it makes me feel so full. It's just so dense. I also make smoothies but limit the fruit. As far as exercise I am still using my resistance bands and walk about 2 miles every night on the beach of everything I miss full calorie drinks the most. I would love a Pepsi right now. But I can imagine that my taste buds would literally go berserk. So what about you what is your life like right now?

@

My life is iffy right now. I had some complications where my stomach was rejecting, Water, food, Protein, it just threw everything back up. I got real sick and ended back in the hospital getting infusions of food and water through an IV. I am very afraid to try new foods. I eat eggs, I'm super over them right now, refried Beans, I made chili tonight, I eat chicken and pork but like you said it's BOOM your full. I long for a salad, the ones with lettuce & spinach, cheese, Tomato, cucumber! But my nutritionist said wait until April to try raw veggies. I am just sick of eating the same things every day. & While I'm eating I'm so cautious of eating slow and making sure my stomach is agreeing that it's a chore. And after I eat my chest kinda hurts, they say that's normal and it will go away. I just find eating tedious. I'm still off work because I got so unbelievably weak when my stomach was rejecting and my job is very physical. I also feel very alone. My mom and sister are so concerned with their new diets that they barely notice if I eat or not, everything is about their recipes and meal prep.

I was sleeved January 20th. I'm so sorry you're having complications. food for me hasn't been an issue. the gas after I eat is the big issue. And the gurgling noises! It's very embarrassing at work lol! I've heard there's light at the end of the tunnel so hold on!

I had my surgery Jan. 7 - and have lost 31lbs. I feel great. No real complications. I'm learning what I can and can't eat. And I have to eat slow.

If your surgeon / hospital offers a support group, I highly encourage you to attend.

Personally, my downfall has been lack of exercise. I need to get on it!

Best of luck!

I was sleeved Jan 11, and have lost 70lbs. I haven't had any issues at all except for Constipation, but that's better now that I can eat more veggies.

I can eat 4oz at a time. I have a Protein shake every morning and then 2 meals. I eat very low carb, no sugar. I get around 70g of Protein, 2 liters of Water and take all my Vitamins daily.

Why are you hating your sleeve so much? What's going on?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@rydersmama

I just am sick of eating the same thing (eggs, Beans, cheese...etc). It hurts when I eat, eating is a chore now. I'm only 20 years old. I want to be able to go out & eat with my friends or eat pizza when they do and ill be 21 in May- doubt I'll be able to drink. It's not that I want "pizza" it's that I want to be normal like my friends. I think this was too much for me, too young. Now the rest of my life is going to be about watching what I eat and being careful. I'm 20 and I signed up for no more bread or pop for my life. What was I thinking, you know?

@@kristennichole

I understand how you feel. I'm almost 40, and I feel like that too right now. I've kinda been a hermet the last couple months cuz I don't want to go out with friends cuz what's the point right? You can't eat or drink what they are.

But, the way I'm looking at it is this....I'm almost 40 and feel I wasted half of my life being fat and feeling crappy about myself, and now I feel like I have control of my weight for the first time. I don't know your start weight, but my heaviest was 333.1. If I had the sleeve done when I was 20 like you, I would've saved myself years of unhappiness and depression....I know it's hard for you to think that way now, but when you get older, you'll be happy you did this now.

And yes, I agree, eating is a chore now, and I don't even look forward to eating. But I'm hoping that will get better with time. I always have to make sure I can rest at least half hour after eating or I'll feel gross for hours.

I don't know what yours dr's postop instructions were, but I was allowed to eat whatever I wanted after 6 weeks.

I started eating lettuce for the first time this week, and I've been making lettuce wraps, and love them!!! Soooo yummy!!!

This is basically what I eat; shrimp, tuna fish, deli meats like chicken, turkey ham, ground turkey, eggs (I made egg salad yesterday for something different and it was good), laughing cow cheese.

I make the ground turkey with salsa and taco seasoning and mushrooms...it's really good with some cheese sprinkled on top.

Take a piece of ham, spread the herb and garlic laughing cow cheese on it, put a pickle slice in the middle and roll it up...really good.

I've done chicken in the crock pot with salsa, then shred it, put it in a halved green pepper, sprinkle cheese and bake it in the oven...stuffed pepper.

Anyway, I hope some of this helps you.

I just saw your post about how sick you got after your sleeve....that's just awful...no wonder you feel the way you do. I'm lucky I haven't had any complications.

Hopefully you're on the road to recovery now!

Sending out hugs

I am living overseas and Dido my sleeve and currently writing from the hospital. I had my surgery Jan 14th and lost 41 pounds. I have been in the hospital past 6 days... I was in excruciating pain in my chest and back left side. I screamed my way to the hospital. They found an abscess which is basically pus filled infection inside my incision but they won't drain it because it's not big enough been on antibiotics.. All the pain went away except for the feeling in my incision. So I'm miserable too

food has suckeed the whole time.. bout to get another ct to see if the abscess shrunk.. so I'm physically feeling better but I can't eat without pain or discomfort until the abscess is cleared. I have been for the past 2 months

I know it's hard not to be able to do what your friends are doing but think about it this way...would you rather be over weight and eating what they are? In time you can do those things. Trust me, I used to go out regularly and I haven't went out in 3 months. It's tough when my friends call me to go out and I have to decline. But I would rather be healthy and take this time to get happy and lose weight. Just think of the end result and how much better you will feel about yourself

Anyone sleeved in January 2016?

I was sleeved January 25.

So far I hate it.

What is your life like right now?

What are you doing, what are you eating?

How are you feeling?

I was sleeved Jan 19th and so far I've lost 38 lbs and everything's going really well. I can eat pretty much anything, it's just all in tiny amounts - I don't measure these amounts because I find it too consuming - I just use my judgement. I only weigh myself once a week, so I don't become obsessed with that, and in terms of exercise, I swim as many lengths as I can every other day if I have access to a pool, otherwise I walk. Yesterday I hiked in the Olympic NP and along the beaches - it was exhausting but made me feel great after.

I'm actually traveling at the minute - road tripping the US alone for nearly 12 weeks, and it's been fab. I don't often eat out, but if I do I just pick a healthy meal with high Protein and eat my small portion as 80% Protein then a bit of carbs and veg. Sometimes coffee upsets my stomach if it's too strong, but other wise I haven't had any issues. I take my Vitamins twice a day too.

As for specific foods, I eat a huge variety. When I Wake up I have a cup of tea (fat free milk and sweetener), then a little later I have Breakfast (scrambled egg with turkey bacon, porridge, low fat sausage and poached egg, low fat Greek yogurt with honey or fruit). lunch is usually some kind of meat - roast turkey or chicken with some cuts of cheese (any kind, but low fat usually) and some romaine lettuce leaves or cherry tomatoes or sliced cumumber and a few low fat crackers. I have a bottle of Water with me, made up as 10% real fruit juice and the rest Water. If I'm out and about and don't have time to sit down properly, I take a Protein Bar and a piece of fruit. dinner I have cooked shrimp or chicken, a little wholewheat Pasta or rice or a couple of mini potatoes, sometimes with goats cheese, and some veg - like courgette or spinach. The bread here doesn't taste nice to me, so I avoid it, but sometimes I have a bit of whole meal flatbread instead of crackers. I drink several other cups of tea or coffee through the day - always with fat free milk and no sugar. And a large glass of the juice mixed with water with dinner - or milk, every now and then I drink a big glass of milk.

There's literally SO much out there you can eat, so don't feel discouraged. It's all trial and error about what doesn't make you feel that heart burn sensation - you can have bread, just in small amounts, and if something upsets your stomach just leave it to try again in the future. If you eat out with friends, pick something healthy with lots of protein and just eat what you can - usually whoever I'm with picks at my food or finishes it for me because I can't eat it all. Same with finishing my drink - in a way, it's nice to share and I don't feel uncomfortable or embarrassing about it.

Embrace your new tummy - work with it and feel proud of the step you've taken to get healthy ???? See the advantages not the disadvantages. Some days your mood can be shit, losing weight this way messes with our hormones, but other days will be great...so hold out for those.

Also, you are young, but you've saved yourself years of depression and anxiety, so that makes you pretty brave in my books. I'm 29 and I wish I'd done this at 20 - now my 30s will be my best years instead of my 20s ????

I was sleeved Jan 5th. I lost over 30 lbs so far. I am also eating the same food over and over again. I still can't even get all my Protein in and Water. I find eating now a chore as well. I like to eat when ever Im hungry, not because its Breakfast lunch or supper time. Sometimes I can go the whole day but i know thats not good, so I force myself to eat every 2-3 hours. And eating the same over and over. I have a very picky diet, I don't like fruits and veggies, Im trying to make stuff to hide the taste of certain veggies that i can have so far, but so far it has been a fail. and I still haven't had a complete meal yet. I get full from just a chunk of chicken.

Loving the weight loss, but it takes time to adjust to eating.