Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Peanut butter!

I was allowed Peanut Butter in weight loss, but only 1 T. (16 grams) per day max and I had to weigh it by the gram, not measure by the spoonful. Early on it was fine when I couldn't eat much, but eventually I gave it up because it was just too calorically dense to be able to keep eating it and keep losing weight.

Well, here's the deal.........if your doctor allows it, you should at least wait until you can swallow enough Water to wash it down. For me, that was three months. Early on (maybe at the soft food stage) I tried it and it hung up in my throat.

Watch your Portion Control definitely. If you don't, a tablespoon will quickly become 1/4 cup on a serving spoon.

I ate Peanut Butter during my puréed stage. I would put some on a spoon and slowly lick it off like a peanut butter lollipop. Once I moved on to regular foods I rarely eat it- I am not a huge peanut butter fan. Some times now that I am in maintenance I will mix a little with low sugar jelly and have a tablespoon like that to satisfy the PB& J taste.

Peanut Butter is a trigger food for me.

So I don't eat it.

You'll find some foods that you *can* eat. But that you *shouldn't* eat.

And you know what they are -- for you.

If you want the Peanut Butter taste without the fat & calories try PB2.

post-258317-14579122750614_thumb.jpg

I add it to oatmeal & shakes

PB2 is my go-to, I put it on my apple. I don't have it everyday, because apple has a lot of carbs but I so do love it.

I've been using PB2 since before surgery. Started eating creamy Peanut Butter in soft food stage. Started eating super chunky at 3 months once I was cleared for nuts. Ate it at least 3 times/week. That went fine for about 18 months. Then, for some reason, I lost PB control. I could no longer stop eating it. After finished a whole jar in less than a week, I permanently banned it from my house. Nuts and nut butters are the only thing I can't eat in moderation :(. I miss my nuts :(

Definitely PB2. I'm soooo thankful I discovered it. I put it in my Protein Shakes every morning and it's yummmm. Even adds extra Protein :)

I use PB2 as well, on an apple, for a "treat" :) it's like dessert! Haha

Be very careful with Peanut Butter and peanuts or nuts in general. I know from personal experience that they will sabotage your weight loss if you consume too much. I didn't lose weight for over a month because I was eating a few teaspoons of Peanut Butter in a bowl with a spoon every night and/or peanuts during the day.

I lived on Peanut Butter and pb flavored things. Reduced fat low sugar is what I used early on, now I just buy PB-flavored Protein Bars because they mask the taste of whey/protein supplements that keep me away from other things.

If you want the Peanut Butter taste without the fat & calories try PB2.

attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1457912274.105110.jpg

I add it to oatmeal & shakes

I was about to post the same thing. PB2 got me through my cravings for Peanut Butter very early on. I still use it now, even though I've gone back to eating peanut butter.

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App

Also I don't eat Peanut Butter daily either. Maybe once or twice a week at most. Too much of the pb gets me constipated like a river dam. And my girlfriend has a severe nut allergies, so because I enjoy making out with her constantly, I again limit my exposure to nuts and nut butters.

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App