Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5K--at what weight did you start?

I want to start the C25K plan for walking to running, but I'm a little concern it may be too much. Currently I exercise 4 to 5 days a week for 45 minutes. I getting all my Water in, about 900 calories a day, and 70 to 90 grams of Protein. I was just wondering if anyone has done or started this program and was it very strenuous?

It's as strenuous as you want to make it. You can "run" at whatever speed you are comfortable. Also, you can repeat workouts and weeks as needed if you feel you aren't yet ready to progress.

Ididit34, I just started the C25K and I love it! I'm on day 3 week 1. It's 30min but includes a 5min warm up and cool down. And thenow you walk for 90 sec then jog for 1 min. Doing day 1 of this app was a true NSV moment for me. I truly felt accomplished because I know 7 months ago at 349 I could barely walk. Just try it and you'd be surprise what you can do. Look at me, I'm 238 pounds and can run! Wow that's awesome.

I am going to check into this c25k is it an app? Always been big my whole life and running is 1 thing I have always wanted to do. Surgery for me is April 4 so still some time to go but is it an app or a DVD program?

@@mizzzzzzT, yes C25k is a free app. It means Couch to 5K. It gets you going and is fairly easy to use. The reviews are awesome and when you finish you'll be able to run/jog 3 miles without stopping

That's amazing thank god for technology right! That is really exciting honestly I have always thought I would love Jogging and want to run a 5K next summer that's the plan

I just started the app this week but I signed up for a 5k that my job is sponsoring in April. My goal is at least to run half and walk the rest if I won't be ready in time

The program existed LONG before there was an app. I remember doing it years ago and I wrote the "walk" and "run" times on a post-it note each week and stuck it to my treadmill console. That would have been back in 2009 or so? Some enterprising people have turned it into an app now so you get video and audio queues from your phone for when to walk and when to run. But as you can probably tell just by looking at it, the web site has been up since before smart phones existed:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml