Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Were You 10 Weeks Out

I hope this won't seem like a silly question but I would like to ask how veteran sleevers were approximately 10 weeks into their weight loss journey. I was due to meet up with my sister in Bali at the end of July but am now scheduled for surgery on May 16. Do I go or do I stay at home, that's the decision. Lizzie is travelling from the UK and me from Australia, she's booked already and will meet up with her daughter there so it's not essential I be there as well (though it would be good). She's coming on to Australia for a further 2 weeks anyway. Can I expect to be eating more or less normally by then, albeit tiny portions? I can cope with that thought, what I couldn't cope with is still being on some sort of liquid diet still. I realise that everyone is different but it would be good to see how most of you were doing at that point in your journey. A big challenge would be avoiding Bali belly of course.

By ten weeks I was was cleared for most foods. My incisions had healed over and I was cleared to swim at about four weeks.

I don't know why you couldn't travel. I would just recommend that you run it by your surgeon.

Sounds like a fabulous trip to me! I hope you have a wonderful time.

At 8 weeks, I was forgetting I had had surgery. Most of the time (I hit 3 months on Tuesday), I feel like I'm 92% healed. I walk all day as a teacher, and from time to time my tummy let's me know if I have overdone things. Feeling like I feel today, 12 weeks out, I would pounce on taking a trip like this!

Greetings fellow Aussie,

At 10 weeks I went on a wek long holiday to St Lucia (I am in London now). You will be able to eat normal foods but seriously tiny amounts. I tried a few bits of lean chicken, and made friends with the hotel staff who got me a hard boiled egg every day (it was my go to lunch). You will be fine with small amounts of fish. You should avoid booze (hard in Bali I know( and be hitting as close to 3 litres of Water a day due to the heat.

Ahhhh heat. I miss heat.

What is Bali bellie? Is it similar to Montezuma's Revenge?

It is indeed. Providing you take simple precautions like only drinking bottled Water all should be okay.

Greetings fellow Aussie,

At 10 weeks I went on a wek long holiday to St Lucia (I am in London now). You will be able to eat normal foods but seriously tiny amounts. I tried a few bits of lean chicken, and made friends with the hotel staff who got me a hard boiled egg every day (it was my go to lunch). You will be fine with small amounts of fish. You should avoid booze (hard in Bali I know( and be hitting as close to 3 litres of Water a day due to the heat.

Ahhhh heat. I miss heat.

Thank you for your feedback. Some days I feel like you would be very welcome to the heat lol. I miss London but not the cold and damp. I envy you the coming spring, my favourite time of the UK year.

Seriously frosty here this morning - happily swap you. That said, the cherry blossoms are starting to burst, crocus and daffs are bursting with colour, but despite all this, the locals are still grumpy, miserable, bloody bastards.

Moving to Twyford in 2 weeks!

You might also want to chat to your GP if you have any worries about clots - but the flight from WA to Bali isn't too long, so should be fine. I had blood thinners for my flights to and from St Lucia - but I have a history of blood clots.

I am 32kgs down in 5.5 months - and it was the best thong i ever did. If you get bored I am irregularily blogging at http://aussiefoodiesjourney.blogspot.co.uk/

Seriously frosty here this morning - happily swap you. That said, the cherry blossoms are starting to burst, crocus and daffs are bursting with colour, but despite all this, the locals are still grumpy, miserable, bloody bastards.

You might also want to chat to your GP if you have any worries about clots - but the flight from WA to Bali isn't too long, so should be fine. I had blood thinners for my flights to and from St Lucia - but I have a history of blood clots.

I am 32kgs down in 5.5 months - and it was the best thong i ever did. If you get bored I am irregularily blogging at http://aussiefoodiesjourney.blogspot.co.uk/

Twyford will be a bit of a culture shock after London. We moved here from Bedford 6 years ago, just down the M1 from Leicestershire. Bali is 3.5 hours away for us so not too bad. I've no history of blood clots thankfully but will probably take some aspirin. If I can do half as well as you in 5.5 months I will be so chuffed. I will take a look at your blog, I need all the help and encouragement I can get.

London has been a culture shock - I always thought Sydney was hectic...but nope. Not a shadow on London. I need quiet, and I miss having more of an outdoor life...Twyford we will be able to do Water sports (in dry suits!), walking and cycling....and fresh air. I miss fresh air.

PS: Sent you a message

You should be fine at 10 weeks, just use a bit of common sense and drink loads and loads of bottled Water. I went to Cuba 14 weeks after surgery and spent 3 weeks there. As we were driving aound the island for half that time I took lots of Protein Bars just in case I didn't fancy the look of the place we were eating in. In the all inclusive part of the holiday, I stuck to chicken and fish and didn't have a problem. Enjoy your holiday !!

Twyford will be a bit of a culture shock after London. We moved here from Bedford 6 years ago, just down the M1 from Leicestershire. Bali is 3.5 hours away for us so not too bad. I've no history of blood clots thankfully but will probably take some aspirin. If I can do half as well as you in 5.5 months I will be so chuffed. I will take a look at your blog, I need all the help and encouragement I can get.

Definitely talk to your surgeon before you take aspirin since it is an NSAID.

I was good 10 weeks out. Pretty much able to eat whatever, small amounts of course.