Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How long does it take to poop? Tmi & Idc

I was sleeved 2/29/16 & while at the hospital I never passed gas I only burped. 3 days after finally returning home I began to pass gas and thats all folks! I get it I only been putting broth, Protein, Jello and Water in my body so what is there really to push out? But when should I start to become concerned. This doesn't feel normal. Please share how long did it take everyone else..

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4037T using the BariatricPal App

Edited by lovinmeisez

It took my body almost 2 weeks to get back on track. Now I only void every other day. That's my new normal

I was sleeved one day after you (03/01/16) and was able to go the tiniest amount last night. I'm going to incorporate a small amount of Miralax into my diet because I don't want to strain as much.

I was sleeved one day after you (03/01/16) and was able to go the tiniest amount last night. I'm going to incorporate a small amount of Miralax into my diet because I don't want to strain as much.

I think I'm gonna do the same

It took me exactly two weeks.

I was sleeved Feb 29, and began to use Miralax prophylactically when I got home, since I'd heard so much about Constipation, taking it once a day. Wed was just some gas but then Thursday was my first poop. Stopped using it when I began to have some diarrhea.

I finally was Able to go Today and it was diarrhea I know I'm sorry if this is tmi but I was excited I didn't have a hard time. It was exactly how I wanted. But I must confess I ate organic onion dip with some small pretzels sticks at a bday party today. Idk if this helped or hurt me but I'm satisfied.

I had my first bm after 7 days and that was because I took miralax. I was afraid of getting constipated. My bms were small the first month.

4 days for me. Doesn't seem to matter if I'm on liquid only or actual chewables. 9 am every morning...

The people at work love me.

Sleeved 3/1 and nada. So I started on miralax yesterday per my post release instructions. I was able to go a little but may need to add an additional stool softener as it was not that easy. Also I don't know if it is just me but I am a bit hesitant to try too hard. I have awful visions in my head of every suture popping. So I am a bit scared. Thanks you for starting this. I know probably a lot were thinking this!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I was sleeved 3/2 and still nothing but passing gas. I also haven't been eating much. I'm thinking about using a stool softner for some help ;)

What can i take to keep me regular.I can not take the pain anymore.This morning i strained so much my back and legs are killing me. Next i went to work and suddenly was freezing and dizzy,light headed,could this be from not enough water.I was sleeved on jan 27th

You need to stay on top of it. It can get pretty bad. My dr recommend up to 4 Colace per day (stool softener) and Miralax, too, if needed.

Smooth Move tea is also recommended by many.