Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

TREAT YO SELF

I have been feeling CRAZY since surgery. Okay, maybe crazy is a poor choice of word. More like restless. I've been craving change and adventure. Today I decided to embrace this new craving and followed the advice of Tom Haverford and Donna Meagle: TREAT YO SELF.

Now instead of lavish and indulgent meals I will treat myself in more personal ways. Today I decided to go with a new look: silver fox. ????

How do you treat yourself now that food is no longer such an enticing treat?

post-270719-145706026651_thumb.jpg

post-270719-14570602827138_thumb.jpg

post-270719-14570602946834_thumb.jpg

My favorite treat is a massage. And buying myself flowers.

I've never had a professional massage! I will have to add that to my idea least for future treat yo self days!

I love the idea of non food treats. New shoes, mani pedi, afternoon matinee movie alone, flowers, massage, new candle, new perfume. .....

Great list! I have a bit of a candle addiction myself and starting to have a perfume one as well! Walk on Air by Kate Spade is my new fave.

Recently I'm going mad for lipsticks! I decided that my usual "nude lip" look just wasn't working any more. I've been experimenting with brighter, bolder colors & using pencil first. So much fun, and less expensive than shoes ;-)

Treat Yo Self !!!!

Killer theme.

Well........I feel like the coin I dropped on my sleeve surgery was a hell of a treat. It was gonna go towards a new car that I'll wait on. So glad I made that choice.

My first post-sleeve treat is in the planning stages. Gonna get together with a buddy and go on a fishing-drinking-telling a few lies trip somewhere.

I can't wait !!!!!!

Treat Yo Self !!!!

Killer theme.

Well........I feel like the coin I dropped on my sleeve surgery was a hell of a treat. It was gonna go towards a new car that I'll wait on. So glad I made that choice.

My first post-sleeve treat is in the planning stages. Gonna get together with a buddy and go on a fishing-drinking-telling a few lies trip somewhere.

I can't wait !!!!!!

Getaways are by far the BEST treat yo self treats! Somehow myself and one of my best nurse buddies at work got the same 5 days off at the end of the month... So we're going to Myrtle Beach! And we don't even have to use our PTO! Enjoy your trip.. Hope you bring something home to put on the grill

Treat Yo Self !!!!

Killer theme.

I can't wait !!!!!!

Getaways are by far the BEST treat yo self treats! Somehow myself and one of my best nurse buddies at work got the same 5 days off at the end of the month... So we're going to Myrtle Beach! And we don't even have to use our PTO! Enjoy your trip.. Hope you bring something home to put on the grill

Sounds like you've got a great trip planned yourself. Have fun !!!

Myrtle Beach is always fun. I used to golf a good bit and always enjoyed the courses there. Now.....I'd probably be doing some bar-hopping. Lol.

As luck would have it....looks as if my trip dates will be on scheduled off days, too.

My whole life is kind of one long treat myself adventure.

Since I don't treat myself with food, right now it is mostly shoes since I need all new ones. Clothes are so annoying to buy because I have to try everything on they are more of a chore than a treat.

Actually thinking about it a little more. I think trying on clothes is my #1 treat right now. I try on lost of clothes almost every week, and take lots of pictures and that is how I track my progress beyond the scale. If I am not looking to buy something specific and just trying on different things to see what I can fit, it is less tedious.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

How do you treat yourself

@@MayMarie

i was almost one year PO

-105 lbs GOAL

approaching 60 years YOUNG

i got my first tattoo

i had the first letter of my 3 grand-kids on my right wrist!!

little red heart under each letter

MAE

(morgan, andrew, ethan

(everything in small italics)

how cool is this grammy? :rolleyes:

hubby wasn't thrilled

i promised i wouldn't get another one for 60 years!!!

6 month later i got a small butterfly on my right ankle

(for my 85 year old mom) she loves them

1 month later i got the word "survivor" below that

i've been one for 17 years!!

next month I'll get....kidding, i'm done!! LOL

other treats are small compared to the above!

kathy

@@proudgrammy I love it!!

I'm buying myself a gift card for my local spa for a spa retreat day when I reach my first goal: 50% excess weight loss. That's also when I plan on publicly "coming out" to tell my lap band story. I'm so angry that so many doctors discouraged me from getting this done. It's literally made me feel SO MUCH BETTER already. Better than any diet or exercise regime, better than any pill, better than any other treatment I've had. I didn't realize how horrible my appetite made me feel until it finally went away.

Other treats: TRAVEL! I love, love, love to travel. Travel is one of the big reasons I got WLS. It's easier to travel when you're in good shape. Lots of walking, hauling luggage, getting in and out of vehicles, hiking, exploring... I love seeing new places and I have a long bucket list.

I also love treating myself to pontoon boat rides, going to the movies, live comedy shows, plays/musicals, and visiting museums.

My surgery is set for June 2016 and I've already decided what one treat will be when I hit just under 250lbs. I'm taking the kids and going zip lining. Something I've wanted to do but couldn't because of my weight. We're all excited. :)

Edited by determinedtolive

Love this topic, though I love it a little bit too much. I have been treating myself along the way, however I have treated myself into a bit of a financial bind.

Wonder if I am exchanging my food addiction for a shopping addiction?? Plus at over 150 pounds down, clothes and shoes are needed (I tell myself).

So currently trying to find ways to treat myself that don't cost money.

Trading massages and pedis, selling large clothes and using the $ for new, free makeover at Sephora, day trip.... Others have ideas of free or low cost treats?

I'm on a divorce budget with college girls to support so my treats have to be affordable. I get a monthly no chip manicure. I have a foot massage once a month. I go to movies pretty often and all of my clothes shopping is at Goodwill.