Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yes. I understand totally it is very scary but at the end of the day it's so worth it and you don't not want to keep on postponing because then there not going to do it. And ready for both appointments I'm sure you have already done to do it all over again would be such a pain.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Everyone reacts difference of their own journey with the surgery but I know that mine was great and I honestly had no pain I didn't even realize that I had had the surgery when I woke up

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Thank you @LMolina you have a very good point I have bad anxiety and one of my biggest fears is being put to sleep by anesthesia and not waking up I guess I have to put my big girl panties on and know that God has me!

please please talk to your team about the anxiety. chances are they can give you something right away or even the night before to help you deal with that, and help you through the process.

I rather enjoy that aspect of surgery. I have 7 children, and honestly it's the best sleep I've had in 30 years.

Maybe they can prescribe you a valium for the morning of to help calm you.

I have this similar fear

I've had one fully asleep surgery and when I was woken up I had a hard time breathing. All the machines said I was getting enough oxygen but I myself felt as though I couldn't breathe. It literally was one of the worst & scariest experiences, but I'm taking the risk of going under again because I know it'll be worth it in the end.

So, you can do it!

Just had my surgery done. I too was very nervous about being put under. But it all happened so fast you won't have time to worry about it. They will give you oxygen, my doctor told me to focus on something good so I pictured myself on the beach of mexico, I didn't even remember him counting down the next thing BAM I was out.

I was scared too and like the others I really had problems - ask for some pre-op help (valium maybe).

Good luck - picture that beach in Mexico :]

Maybe I am weird, but I actually look forward to the going to sleep part, lol. I have had several surgeries in my life, and enjoyed that part of every single one. It's like you are being told it's ok to take a nap, and you get a really good sleep! And when you wake up, you're all fixed!

I havent had my sleeve surgery yet, but i'm sure they give valium or something like that if you are anxious. Then, before you know it, you'll be waking up! Good luck, and don't worry! :)

Anesthesia was my biggest fear. I had my surgery Feb 12th and have been doing fine. I did stay an extra night due to me throwing up my iv medicines but it gets better when you get home and recover. They can give you a shot of something before you go back. They did me. It made me feel drunk. I breathed 3 times into a mask and was out. Woke up in recovery but was still so sleepy. I was sleepy the rest of the day n night. Your gonna wake up and your gonna be fine. Expect pain and being nauseous because that's gonna happen. It will all pass though. You will make it through. If you need to talk anymore, I'm here :)

I just had my Gastric Sleeve done on Monday, Feb 29th, 2016

I have to admit, going under the anesthesia wasn't my problem. I was fine all the way up until they wheeled me into the operating room. So many people was in there, adjusting my body, and just realizing that there's no turning back now, that I just said a prayer and went with it. So it was last minute jidders fa me. Now that it's been done, I'm trying to cope with this pain that come afterwards. It hurts like its never gonna go away! But... Today is better than yesterday. It gets better! Good luck to you all!

God Bless

Debbie