Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Three Months Post Op Success

I only weigh in at the surgeons office, so as not to lose my mind, and today was my three month check up.

I wasn't expecting that much. From inside my body it is not easy for me to tell by eye whether I'm losing weight.

I was worried Bc instead of following a plan, I eat intuitively, and my diets consists mostly of cheese, nuts and fruits, with a bit of meat here and there. I don't count or track; I just follow my body and let my sleeve measure my food intake.

I have not had to throw away my whole wardrobe so I just didn't know if I was doing the right things.

But...

I'm down 60 pounds in three months! Closer to 75-80 total.

I'm so happy!

Thank you for celebrating with me.

Congrats! Keep up the great work!

Wow!!! That is great! Congratulations!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using the BariatricPal App

I only weigh in at the surgeons office, so as not to lose my mind, and today was my three month check up.

I wasn't expecting that much. From inside my body it is not easy for me to tell by eye whether I'm losing weight.

I was worried Bc instead of following a plan, I eat intuitively, and my diets consists mostly of cheese, nuts and fruits, with a bit of meat here and there. I don't count or track; I just follow my body and let my sleeve measure my food intake.

I have not had to throw away my whole wardrobe so I just didn't know if I was doing the right things.

But...

I'm so happy!

Congratulations!

I understand that not tracking seems to be working well for you, but how do you know whether or not you are getting enough Protein? Just curious.

Congratulations!

I'm feeling the same way towards food. Only one month out here however. Not going to weigh myself at home, just hoping to focus on re-education, healing, and making that mind-body connection I used to ignore so much in the past.

I'm getting in all my Water and Protein, (via shakes) so that I know, other than that, trial and error with the soft food right now.

It feels good. When you don't weigh for so long and see a big drop.

Edited by Amelie2016

I understand that not tracking seems to be working well for you, but how do you know whether or not you are getting enough Protein? Just curious.

Not to answer for the OP, but I will tell you how I manage Protein without tracking. I'm supposed to get 100 grams a day. I just keep a running tally in my head. It's only one number, so it's easy to just do the math in my brain. I eat 5-6 times day and as long as I get close to 20 grams each of those times, then I will make my goal.

But...

I'm so happy!

Congratulations!

My surgeon suggests only 40-50 g of Protein a day so it's really easy to get into that ballpark without obsessing over grams. A cup of yogurt, a handful of nuts, Collegen powder in a green smoothie or a cup of coffee and some cheese usually does the job.

My surgeon suggests only 40-50 g of Protein a day so it's really easy to get into that ballpark without obsessing over grams. A cup of yogurt, a handful of nuts, Collegen powder in a green smoothie or a cup of coffee and some cheese usually does the job.

Is there a reason you use collagen powder? I was specifically told not to use collagen because it is a low quality Protein that isn't utilized as well by the body. I was told to only use whey isolate when supplementing.

But...

I'm so happy!

Congratulations!

40-50 grams of protein seems really low. Is that the protein target ongoing or was that just the target in the few days after surgery when it was harder to get in protein?

This is first time I think I have ever seen a protein target under 60 grams, and most are closer to 80-100 grams. Mine is 100.

This is first time I think I have ever seen a Protein target under 60 grams, and most are closer to 80-100 grams. Mine is 100.

Mine is 100 as well and that is working really well for me. By getting in my 100 grams, I don't have as much room for carbs or fats. I worry about what kinds of things I might be eating if I wasn't pushing for 100 grams of Protein every day.

That is great! Keep up the amazing work! It will pay off

Congrats on your weight loss success!

Sent from my iPhone using BariatricPal

Is there a reason you use collagen powder? I was specifically told not to use collagen because it is a low quality Protein that isn't utilized as well by the body. I was told to only use whey isolate when supplementing.

I use collagen powder because my surgeons office gave me a list of gmo chemical products I would never put in my body. I tried other options but this is truly tasteless and non gmo so I can slip it into anything. It helps me meet my protein requirements. Without it, I get ravenously hungry. It's also good for your hair, skin and nails. For interested parties you can get a high quality Collagen powder on draxe.com.

But...

I'm so happy!

Congratulations!

40-50 grams of protein seems really low. Is that the protein target ongoing or was that just the target in the few days after surgery when it was harder to get in protein?

This is first time I think I have ever seen a protein target under 60 grams, and most are closer to 80-100 grams. Mine is 100.

I was surprised when he said that to. 40-50 grams of protein per day is my surgeons recommendation as of Monday. I thought it was supposed to be 60-80. Fifty grams is very attainable for me. I'd have to eat all day to make 100.

40-50 grams of Protein seems really low. Is that the Protein target ongoing or was that just the target in the few days after surgery when it was harder to get in protein?

Inner Surfer Girl Remember I did a thread on My Dr saying my protein target should be 41 too. I wonder if this is a new trend for 2016?

Jupiter in Virgo Nice to see I am not alone. However due to a low weight loss this second month I upped it on my own to 60. We shall see what the weight loss is during this 3rd month.

However you did great with the 60 pound weight loss so it seems to be working for you. GOOD FOR YOU! I don't see any stats so If I may ask, What weight are you at now?