Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have locked myself in my room and I hate everyone in my house. I'm still on this stupid liquid diet and why oh why do they bring home my favorite takeout. And they expect me to sit at the table and do what? Look at them eat?

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

That's just cruel, they should at least respect that you don't want to watch them eat. I always stay in my room when my boyfriend and roommate eat. But just remember why you're in this journey. Remember you don't need that food.< /p>

I know how you feel...I had my surgery 9 December 2015, and I was on pureed food over the holidays. I felt absolutely miserable watching everyone else eat. My family did try very hard to be as sensitive as possible, but it was still incredibly difficult.

Like @ohhsosweetxvb said, just keep thinking to yourself "I don't need this food, I am in this journey so I can get healthier." It's so much easier said than done, but as time passes, it will definitely get easier...especially after the surgery! I think that the liquid diet is the worst part for most people...I remember breaking down myself whilst I was on it over a McDonalds run that I was unable to take part in! Just keep thinking of what the future holds...you can definitely do this! <3

I'm so sorry, I promise it gets so much better.

My family had said the whole time I was waiting for surgery they would quit drinking pop with me and they'd support me and all that. After about a week they, much to my surprise actually, ate whatever they fricken wanted in front of me and drank pop daily. When I tried to say anything they'd say "we can't just not eat cause you can't" like I'm the bad guy. I'm a month out and for the last 3 weeks I've been on my own, people eat what they want in front of me and I just cry lol. I have no appetite I look in the fridge forever then just give up. It takes me forever to finally eat. Hang in there, I'm suffering with you.

I had such a different reaction to this stage. So let me gently turn your head here. Less than ten days after my surgery, I was back at work at the staff Christmas Breakfast. I wouldn't and really couldn't eat any of those delicious foods I loved. I marveled at the oversized platters of food. I thought, look at how much food is on those plates?!

I realized that I would never be able to eat like that again. Ever, and watching the food get shoveled into the eaters, I knew I never wanted to.

So, what I'm saying is that there is a spiritual gift here. Don't miss it. You have a lifetime of watching other people eat too much ahead of you. You are going to feel so very different about it from now on. You are going to marvel at how little you need to survive and how the tool makes you better at this crazy game. Sit down at the table and sit in judgement, if that's what it takes. Because you can.

You got this handled.

My ex husband came by today and brought doughnuts for the kids. It was 11:00 am. I did not care about the doughnuts because they are not my poison, its just that some people are insensitive jerks, hence the "ex" part. Keep your chin up and rise above. Honestly since I have given up on sugar I don't crave it. I'm gonna keep it that way!

I would encourage you to work on the mental part of eating. Unfortunately, we cannot control what others eat around us and we have become obese because of the bad food choices we've made. I didn't go into this expecting my family to change their eating habits. In fact, I find myself cooking for them - but healthier choices. During my pre-op diet I would eat dinner every night with my husband. He had a delicious meal and I drank a Protein shake. I teasingly told my husband to call our local tv station and ask them to stop advertising all that junk food on tv. lol Bad food will always be around us and we just have to get mentally okay with that. Honestly, that is probably harder than just eating too much when we are really hungry. Good luck and don't let anyone ruin it for you.

I went for McDonalds breakfast with my boyfriend on Sat. He had a double sausage mcmuffin, 2 hash browns ( they are bigger in the UK ) and a coke. I had the egg from his mcmuffin served seperately and a coffee. I just about managed the egg and took the coffee away to drink later. I felt no hunger towards the food at all, and in fact watched streams of people shove fatty crap food in their mouths and was amazed how much and how fast they ate. It was a good 30 mins people waching moment. I feel your pain OP tho :(

I love eating with family. For me it's not about what I am eating but being with the people that I love. During the liquid phase I had my lunch bag packed with things I could eat. I'd hate the thought of missing out because I couldn't "eat" with them. (Eat what they were eating). I wasn't bothered by the establishments that we visited for bringing my bag. Was it hard? yes, but change your focus. Focus on conversation, focus on the people you're around. Same applies for meals at home when takeout is brought in. Be strong, you got this.

My mom and my nephew live with me, as she is his guardian. I'm currently on week 2 of my preop liquid diet and this morning she made French toast and bacon. I think it kind of put me in a crabby mood all day and made me highly consider cheating as the day went on. I stayed strong though! I'm looking forward to the day it's easier!

I've gained six pounds and haven't got a surgery date yet, nutritionist said I have to get it off, my father passed away and people brought loads of food, especially cake , made me think for strategies when life happens after my surgery! Cause life is going to happen friends...

I've created a closed Facebook group called Bariatric Surgeries 2016 if anyone would like to join! I still have to schedule a date for my surgery, but I'd to receive/share pre-op, post-op, and any advice others have!

I have been struggling with the whole 'but it might be the last time I get to eat it' excuse!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

my silly teenage girls sat beside me about twice with their food during my liquids phase before they found out that it was not cool. Since then I am able to tell them if smelling their food is bothering me as I am still on a fairly limited diet, but as I begin to eat soft foods, it has bothered me a lot less and I just eat what I am eating while they eat theirs. I am not very hungry 2 weeks out so it helps.