Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I wanted to introduce myself. I had the sleeve on Feb. 12, 2016 in Lexington, KY with Dr. Weiss. I was 294 at my last weigh in before surgery (Feb. 2, 2016). I am currently at 275.9. I've read so many posts on here but decided to post for the first time myself.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Welcome!!!

Welcome to the losing side!

We're one big family

Welcome from a NY Yankee fan!!

Update... So I went for my 1 month post op yesterday. I only lost 9 pounds in the last 3 weeks and the PA didn't seem too excited about that. I did have a week to 1.5 week stall during this time though. She actually told me to try to eat between 1200-1400 calories a day. Not what I had been doing. I also will try to up my Protein. I've been trying to get the bare minimum but guess I will try to get closer to 90 grams instead of 70 to see if that helps. Also had blood work completed but I don't know how that went just yet. Hope everyone else is doing well.

I am from KY, I will also be seeing Dr. Weiss! Just getting started here. I turned my patient packet in via fax on Tuesday, did the online seminar. I hope you are doing well! Any info on what to expect from here will be appreciated! I'm anxiously awaiting a email, phone call, anything!

@@glickliter I am doing really good. I'm so glad I had the sleeve. I started my journey last May by started the 6 month supervise "diet' for insurance purposes. I turned in my paper work and had the seminar in April, May or June. I can't remember which month I attended the seminar and I turned my paperwork in there. Once they go through our paperwork they will call and schedule you for an all day visit. You meet with the nutritionist, get your psych eval, find out insurance requirement and meet with the PA. From there they will schedule you for an EGD with Dr. Weiss. I had mine July 1st. After you meet all insurance requirements they send your stuff to insurance for approval and they allow them 30 days to make the decision. It usually doesn't take the 30 days though. After approval you will be contacted about setting up your last visit before surgery where they give you information and you meet with Dr. Weiss. You do a 2 week high Protein low carb pre op diet, Clear liquids the day before and then surgery. Hope this helps.

Feel free to personal message me with any questions you may have.

Edited by bdfletch

Update... So I went for my 1 month post op yesterday. I only lost 9 pounds in the last 3 weeks and the PA didn't seem too excited about that. I did have a week to 1.5 week stall during this time though. She actually told me to try to eat between 1200-1400 calories a day. Not what I had been doing. I also will try to up my Protein. I've been trying to get the bare minimum but guess I will try to get closer to 90 grams instead of 70 to see if that helps. Also had blood work completed but I don't know how that went just yet. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Oh, yeah. You need to eat more and make sure you treat your Protein target as a minimum and not a maximum.

Dr. Weiss is my surgeon, too and he is where I learned how important protein is in this process. It sounds counterintuitive, but it really works.

Welcome @@bdfletch!!! :) This is a great place to seek information, support from others, or to just plain b*tch when you are having a bad day. Hope your journey continues to be a good one & look forward to hearing more from you.

Welcome and good luck on your journey!

I'm down 54 pounds from my heaviest weight and have recently gotten under 250. . I go for my 3 month post op next week.

Thought I'd share some before and after pics. The before pic is the first day of school and the after pic is today. I wore the same shirt to work today as I did the first day of school (I'm a teacher) but it was noticeably bigger/ loose on me.

post-285074-14636129927193_thumb.jpg