Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is everyone doing? I'm 4days post op and wanted to share some things. I got discharged 2 days after the surgery. It felt so good to sleep on my own bed without any one coming in and out of my room waking me every 2 hours to check my vitals coz I had a fever of 101.4 but it eventually broke. after passing the drinking challenge I was sent home . I'm ok. I move around fine , I just can't sit straight. In fact everyone keeps telling me I don't look like I just had a major surgery which is good!! Now the hard part is keeping myself hydrated and drinking my Protein. I can feel every sip going down my throat and my stomach and it hurts! So now , i take my pain meds before and try to finish my Protein intake within that 4hours while I'm numb. I'm seeing my surgeon in a week . Not sure if I should call him to talk to him about this or is this going to go away soon ? Anyone experiencing this yet ?

FYI I'm down 8lbs

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hey there! I'm glad you made it home. Sending positive energy for total healing. I have surgery on Monday. Congrats on the weight loss!

Eeek! I just heard my surgeon @ mayo Clinic will require 2 weeks of OptiFast.. however, because I've lost 12 lbs since January, I may not have to. He's going to manually check my liver to see if he thinks it's necessary. Crossing fingers!

My surgeon said my liver was fine based on a manual check and I'm more bottom heavy than abdominal heavy. I was put on a 14 day preop due to my bmi of 57. I have lost about 30lbs. Hopefully you don't have to do it. ...
Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've been on the preop liquid diet on day 11 and have lost only about 8.2 lbs. I'm proud for those that's dropping large numbers but begging for advice. My surgery is March 15th.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using the BariatricPal App

Nothing wrong at all! I lost just 19 pounds pre-op and it was fine. I'm 5 days post-op now, feeling great (hardly any pain) and down another 10. It's working! Good luck to you!

The day is here! Surgery in a couple of minutes! everything is going great so far! I am very blessed! ???? Hope everyone has a great day . I'll see you guys later!

Purplej, Long Island

The day is here! Surgery in a couple of minutes! everything is going great so far! I am very blessed! ???? Hope everyone has a great day . I'll see you guys later!

All the best to you. You'll be just fine! Enjoy the rest!

Purplej, Long Island

@@Iscarelys - Ahhh! Best of luck to you! :)

Surgery is next Wednesday and I'm starting to freak out a little bit. I feel like I'm worried more about my significant other after surgery than I am about myself. I had my nutritionist appointment, who gave me a booklet that laid EVERYTHING out for the next 3-4 months, so I have a great grasp of what to expect. He's having the whole "Well, I'm going to feel guilty eating around you" thing, which I know is something he's going to have to work through. Idk if anyone has had the same thing.

Hey there! My hubby had the same concerns. Plus he's not very good about making his own food and is used to having dinner made for him. As long as he doesn't eat near me and enjoy it I'm fine so far. Also I have a wonderful 17 year old daughter who has been cooking for her dad so I don't have to be around too much. We all have to learn new ways of eating but we'll be just fine.

Purplej, Long Island

Hello everyone!

Surgery was a success! I'm so happy! the only thing that was killing me for about 5 hours was gas that was terrible! But now I'm doing excellent!

Thank you for your prayers and warm wishes.

Woo Hoo!! I knew you'd be fine. Seems like your gas problem went away before me did. The morning I went home I still felt bloated but hapoy! Congrats on your new life!

Purplej, Long Island

These gas pains are no joke. Two days post op and last night I slept on my bed, it was a bit of a challenge. It's like I have to be propped up and can't lay flat, my back hurts extremely. hopefully this shall pass soon!

How is everyone doing? I'm 4days post op and wanted to share some things. I got discharged 2 days after the surgery. It felt so good to sleep on my own bed without any one coming in and out of my room waking me every 2 hours to check my vitals coz I had a fever of 101.4 but it eventually broke. after passing the drinking challenge I was sent home . I'm ok. I move around fine , I just can't sit straight. In fact everyone keeps telling me I don't look like I just had a major surgery which is good!! Now the hard part is keeping myself hydrated and drinking my Protein. I can feel every sip going down my throat and my stomach and it hurts! So now , i take my pain meds before and try to finish my Protein intake within that 4hours while I'm numb. I'm seeing my surgeon in a week . Not sure if I should call him to talk to him about this or is this going to go away soon ? Anyone experiencing this yet ?

Also I haven't had any bowel movement yet ! Should I be worried?

FYI I'm down 8lbs

Hi there. I kind of had the same issue with getting the protein in. The first day or two I really couldn't handle more than the 2 tbsp Cup every half hour. But I'm on my 5th post op day and I'm able to drink more often. Yesterday I actually was able to finish one and a half bottles of the Isopure so I got my 60 grams of protein! Of course it literally took me all day to finish it I started at 7 in the morning and finished it about 9:30 in the evening period in between I had medicine with applesauce and a little broth. I'm concerned you haven't had a bowel movement yet. I had one or two small ones while still in the hospital. My doctor said if you don't have one in three days you should call so I think you should call your doctor just to be sure everything's cool. Good luck!

Purplej, Long Island

These gas pains are no joke. Two days post op and last night I slept on my bed, it was a bit of a challenge. It's like I have to be propped up and can't lay flat, my back hurts extremely. hopefully this shall pass soon!

I've been having back pains too! I didn't know why but I try to alternate between sitting straight up on the couch and laying down propped up. Gas is still there but very minimal. Fun, huh? LOL

Purplej, Long Island

I've been having back pains too! I didn't know why but I try to alternate between sitting straight up on the couch and laying down propped up. Gas is still there but very minimal. Fun, huh? LOL

Purplej, Long Island

Purplej, Long Island

Purplej, Long Island

Girl they are serious lol that's like the only uncomfortable thing for me right now. Omg

I'm hoping this all passes soon so we can concentrate on the diet. I'm looking forward to having the full liquids next week - I miss the chocolate shakes!!

Purplej, Long Island

post-286653-1457901531223_thumb.jpg

This has helped me out so much today!

Today is the day! I woke up early. I'm supposed to arrive to the hospital at 10. Asking for prayers today!

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

Sending you positive thoughts and prayers. You'll do just fine like the rest of us! Let them pamper you for a couple days - you deserve it! :)