Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb 23 Sleevers!

I've always struggled with Constipation. But it seems to he much worse now. I will have to try the stool softeners and see if that helps.

Yes I had to take Metamucil everyday for about 4 days then I was good, but I had been constipated for almost 9 days

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Decided to weigh myself since I'm six weeks out and I'm down 47 lbs! Can't believe I've lost that much in only six weeks.

wow!

How are yall doing? I stalled for a while and I think it's cause my calorie intake was too low. I'm not being quite so strict on it now. Plus it helps that I found some AMAZING protien bars :)

How are yall doing? I stalled for a while and I think it's cause my calorie intake was too low. I'm not being quite so strict on it now. Plus it helps that I found some AMAZING protien bars :)

I stalled also. I didn't know if it was from the Constipation issue but I have gone past both now. I discovered if I added a little more fat to my diet I became "regular" again. I went out for the first time last Wednesday with some friends and it was harder than I thought it would be. I love my Irish whiskey and beer, and not being able to have any for a while kinda kills me.

I lost 2.6lbs since last monday! Woohoo!

I stalled also. I didn't know if it was from the Constipation issue but I have gone past both now. I discovered if I added a little more fat to my diet I became "regular" again. I went out for the first time last Wednesday with some friends and it was harder than I thought it would be. I love my Irish whiskey and beer, and not being able to have any for a while kinda kills me.

See I'm still eating what I would like on the rare occasion I go out. Last night we went to dinner as a family to a local pizzeria we had never been to. I ordered the cheese ravioli. I ate 2 ravioli and 1 mozzarella stick. :) no point in depriving ourselves especially if we are good 97% of the time.

I'm slowly losing, but as long as the scale is going down I'm content. Is anyone else struggling with a weird taste in their mouth? I have it 24/7 no matter what I do and it makes certain foods and drinks taste terrible. I don't know what to do. that's my only complaint

I went back to the gym yesterday after almost a year absence. I have been walking/jogging since surgery so in some aspects it's like I haven't left. Debating on getting a trainer...

I've been jogging too! I like to challenge myself! My scale is slow moving. But it's moving!

Edited by JapGirl

Hey All,

Glad everyone's moving along. I have definitely stalled and it's got me down...lost 31 lbs (and scale hasn't really moved for a week). I know this is normal, but I didn't want to be a slow loser. Could be feeling down from hormones (just stared on Estrogen patch because of Hysterectomy ).

I'm also super tired. I started walking for 1/2 hour and weights for 15-20 minutes a day last week (started walking 3 weeks ago).

The eating and drinking has been rough too, I'm getting my goal Protein and Water...but don't eat vegetables or too much else, because I'm trying to get my Protein in. I also have a tough time getting my calories up (usually between 650 and 850 with great effort), not really sure how many I should be having.

I can easily eat a 1/2 cup at a time (and could even eat more)...this concerns me, so early on.

Sorry to be a Debby Downer...but this has been a rough few weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Edited by Bluesky1

I MISS COFFEE!!! Just throwing that out there... Lol

Met with my nutritionist today (7.5 weeks out) she said she's thrilled with my progress and that I'm right on track.

On my high cardio days (I'm burning 300-500) to get my calorie count up to 900-1000 and on days I don't (weekends) to get close to 700-800. Otherwise she thinks my weight loss is perfect for my height. She said to stay in this calorie range during the losing phase, and that it really won't change much until after I hit goal and get to maintenance. So I'm okay to get comfortable in the 700-1000 calorie range

She also said that at almost 2 months and with my cardio I'm doing she would like to see me get in closer to 80-90g of protien. Right now I'm getting close to 70g

And she LOVES the fact that I'm getting 90+% of my protien from chicken/yogurt/nuts etc. She also said she thinks I will be able to reach 160lbs easily. After that the weightloss will get harder.

P.s. I'm currently doing about 1 hour of cardio per day (broken up into 3 segments) about 1/3-1/2 of it I'm running at a 6.5mph pace and the rest I'm walking at a 3.0-3.5mph pace on a 6% incline.

@@Bluesky1

Just reminding everyone to drink their water!!! I thought I was doing perfectly fine, come to find out I was severely dehydrated :-/ on top of that for the 1st time in my life, I had a seizure. Thankfully I was already at the hospital when it happened so I was cared for by emergency staff swiftly. I hope to never go through something like that again