Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SLEEVED 9FEB16, 7 days in... what to eat?

Day 7 my incisions are healing minimal pain. I'm trying my best to stay hydrated. I do not have a sweet tooth so drinking Protein Drinks is difficult since I don't care for the taste not to mention it takes so long to drink. My post op instructions stated Clear liquids or pureed foods first 2 weeks.

Sent from my SM-N900V using BariatricPal

I was sleeved on the 9th also. I had unsweetened applesauce with a baby spoonful of Peanut Butter for Breakfast, blended black bean Soup for lunch, and homemade potato soup for dinner with Bone Broth. I did have a Protein Shake today, too. I think if you cook the cauliflower really good and blend it up you could have it. I get to have a scrambled egg tomorrow.

My Dr. is far more strict with adding foods as I heal.

I'm on week three now and just added Protein shakes to my Water and broth. I believe I can now add "strained", as in zero bits of solid food, creamed Soups. I don't like Jello, I do love my bone broths however.

BTW. Is it OK to add potato flakes (do they continue to expand in the stomach after heating and dissolving stove top?) as a thickener to broth instead of buying those Campbell's Soups and straining them? I forgot to ask my nutritionist. She did say I could use my broth and add a tiny bit of cream or half and half to give it more of a body and texture.

I

Edited by Amelie2016

I was on liquid for 2 weeks also. There are reasons why they set these guideline. Your stomach's staple line needs to heal. You shouldn't eat anything on the liquid phase that doesn't turn to liquid when you eat it. (Creamed Soups, broths, Jello, pudding, yogurts (no fruit), ice pops, Powerade zero, crystal light.. Of course sugar free and light) adding food at this point isn't a good choice. Especially at only 7 days out. For your Protein drinks: Add favors, dress them up. PB2 is great for chocolate, sugar free syrups is also a great addition to any flavor.

I was sleeved on the 9th also. I had unsweetened applesauce with a baby spoonful of Peanut Butter for breakfast, blended black bean Soup for lunch, and homemade potato soup for dinner with bone broth. I did have a Protein shake today, too. I think if you cook the cauliflower really good and blend it up you could have it. I get to have a scrambled egg tomorrow.

Appreciate your input!

Surprised but if your doctor has approved you for the puréed stage. Check out this blog http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html the ricotta bake was my very first "real meal". Delish

Edited by cindyw41

My first week was Clear Liquids (with a couple of exceptions) and my second week was full liquids.

Try some Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, or cream Soup. Even when I was on soft foods, eggs were a challenge. They wouldn't be my first choice before I tried some other things.

I had lots and lots of Tomato Soup with un flavored Protein powder in it. It was easy on my stomach and didn't give me heart burn. I also ate mashed sweet potatoes, and cottage cheese with sugar free jelly. I avoided chicken broth (anyone else hate it after this journey?)

Also the best way I found to keep myself hydrated was ice Water. It soothed my swollen tummy and did mess with my heart burn (which room temp. Water does)

I had lots and lots of Tomato Soup with un flavored Protein powder in it. It was easy on my stomach and didn't give me heart burn. I also ate mashed sweet potatoes, and cottage cheese with sugar free jelly. I avoided chicken broth (anyone else hate it after this journey?)

Also the best way I found to keep myself hydrated was ice Water. It soothed my swollen tummy and did mess with my heart burn (which room temp. Water does)

Oh yes, I am still fantasizing about having my "Kalona" Cottage cheese. But, sadly that's only allowed for me when I have full foods. *le sigh* "

I was cleared to add scrambled eggs today and only ate half of the one egg I scrambled. That will be the only solid food I'll eat today. Otherwise it is Soups and Protein Shake. The one thing I have learned is every doctor is different. I trust the information I was given and am doing quite alright and will be even better on Friday when my staples are out.

I was cleared to add scrambled eggs today and only ate half of the one egg I scrambled. That will be the only solid food I'll eat today. Otherwise it is Soups and Protein shake. The one thing I have learned is every doctor is different. I trust the information I was given and am doing quite alright and will be even better on Friday when my staples are out.

That's great. I found a broth that had 9 gms of Protein and only 35 calories!

I was cleared to add scrambled eggs today and only ate half of the one egg I scrambled. That will be the only solid food I'll eat today. Otherwise it is Soups and Protein shake. The one thing I have learned is every doctor is different. I trust the information I was given and am doing quite alright and will be even better on Friday when my staples are out.

That's great. I found a broth that had 9 gms of Protein and only 35 calories!

Hello!

Do you have the name of the broth you use with so much protein? THX!