Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Complications.. Look horrible

So I've written before about my "self contained leak" and being hospitalized for sepsis. I was there for 5 days and was on multiple antibiotics.. Days later admitted again for dehydration. When this all happened i was on week 5 and was on soft foods..but other than that..I'm starting to feel a little better and am still healing. And I'm so thankful to God for his healing. I do have a concern though, I feel so weak and look absolutely like I'm wasting away ( dark circles around the eyes, I don't even recognize myself when I look in the mirror, my collar bone is sticking out horribly).., I've been on full liquid for about 2 weeks and still have another week. I've lost 50 lbs in 2 months. My Dr. Isn't concerned with Protein but more focused on fluids. The thing is I'm only 30 lbs from goal weight. I'm just afraid Im starting to look malnourished...just needed to vent..thanks everyone...

Have you looked at any topical applications? Maybe some Retnin-A. I can imagine the fluids will make the most difference. Congrats on being so close to goal, hopefully everything levels out soon.

So sorry to hear of your complications I had sepsis too when the surgeon clipped by bowel in error when doing my surgery. I was close to death with mine. I had to spend 8 days in hospital and could not eat anything for the longest time. I am now 9 weeks out and have lost 45 lbs. Once you feel up to it buy some new clothes and make up it will help you feel better. And I still drink mostly Protein Shakes starting to get some food in slowly.

Have you looked at any topical applications? Maybe some Retnin-A. I can imagine the fluids will make the most difference. Congrats on being so close to goal, hopefully everything levels out soon.

Actually I haven't looked into that yet, good tip. The thing is it comes and goes. Its really weird. Guess its time for some good concealer! Lol!!

Bettyboop2088 I was told I came right in time...i thank the good Lord above for that!! I am going to try Protein tomorrow...I feel like my body is starving for nutrients..thanks for the feed back????

My best wishes to you!! I'm glad that things are finally looking up for you. I hope they are taking good care of you now.

I had sepsis in June 2014 after developing an infection in my foot after stepping on a piece of glass near our pool. I looked and felt horrible afterwards for some time, even though my health was technically improving. You can google and read about recovery from sepsis and see that it takes a while to really recover. Do stay hydrated and be gentle with yourself. Give yourself time and grace to heal. Blessings to you.

Please make sure your drinking high Protein drinks. Protein is vital for your health too. I pray you get better fast ♡

Sent from my SM-N900T using BariatricPal

Thank you so very much for the info, any information is needed and much appreciated, God bless????

^^ thank you ????, each week has gotten better...God is great!!!????????

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using the BariatricPal App