Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hospital bag....what do I need?

I took my athletic shoes and I'm glad I did.

I was by myself most of the time and I had to get up and walk as much as possible

Walking in socks or light house shoes was uncomfortable because I had to walk with my bulky IV stand and I would unfortunately kick it. So when I wore my sturdier shoes, my feet thanked me for it.

If your lucky enough to have someone to keep the stand out of your way, maybe it's no concern.

I needed the Chapstick and charging cable. That's it.

Good luck to all the new losers.

I used nothing in my bag. I barely even used my phone. I would bring a extra underwear/bra/ socks whatever you wear to the hospital where to go home. Make sure it's lose around you belly area!!

I took an Anker charger for my iPhone.....gave me three recharges....all I needed.

Had some movies downloaded to my iPhone.

Earbuds.

Underwear and gym shorts.

Slip on New Balance sneakers.

Saline spray for nose.

I brought a bunch of Gas-X but didn't use a single strip.

I definitely overpacked for the hospital and used very few things I brought! I recommend wearing the same clothes to the hospital that you'll wear home. Besides that, bring chapstick (my hospital provided this), your phone, ID/insurance card, iPad or book or something similar, chargers, extra underwear, gas-X strips, and your favorite pillow.

I walked the hospital in the gown and socks they provided. Never had any desire to make the extra effort to change out of anything lol

I took pj's, underwear, maxi pads because I heard that women often get their periods right after surgery(which I did need because I started spotting), deodorant, lip balm, listerine pocket pack breath strips, shampoo/conditioner, toothpaste, tooth brush, socks and slippers and my body pillow(that was the best thing I brought!!). I ended up wearing pj's home from the hospital because I knew I was going to go home and try to rest and it made no sense to dress in clothes then change again when I got home. I didn't even put shoes on, just socks and house slippers. My hospital provided lip balm, toothpaste, tooth brush, body wash, Shampoo, and lotion, so in the end, I didn't even use the ones I brought with me. Trust me, you don't need or will want an extended list of junk to take to and from the hospital.

I'm traveling to Turkey, from Qatar, for my VSG. I will be there for six days. Anyone have extra suggestions for things to include? My surgery will be the day I arrive. Thanks in advance.

I was sleeved on 2/18 and I'm getting discharged today and I honestly didn't use anything I packed for the most part. I would suggest a hair tie for women with log hair and Chapstick. I was unable to use gas x I brought and didn't wear any of my clothes. You're going to do great!

I brought a book, my iPad, my iPod, cream, slippers and pjs. What I used actually used.....my slippers. Day one I was completely out of it and slept, showered and walked with the OT on the ward. Day two I showered, walked with OT and was discharged by 2pm. So for me it wasn't necessary to bring anything else. However, I wasn't in the hospital for long and it was in my local hospital so I didn't need to travel either

I was in the hospital only for about 24 hours so I definitely overpacked. I definitely used the extra long phone charger and lip balm. I wore home what I wore to hospital, loose sweat pants and big t-shirt. Didn't use my gas x strips or my biotene mouth wash until I was home. I used a hospital gown because I was on a cardiac monitor with wires going everywhere and I had an IV so wearing my own gown would have been difficult. I used my own flip flops when getting up out of bed to go to the bathroom and walk around my room.

What I used:

Robe

Chapstick

Phone charger

Brush

Tooth brush:paste

Did not use:

Slippers

Extra change of clothes

Hospital provided:

Grippy socks

Heating packs

Tooth brush/paste

Face towel

Body wash

What I didn't expect is that they sent me home w/pretty much everything in my room: basin, pitcher, toiletries, pillow, and and extra stuff I wanted. I wish I had more room in my bag. Haha!

This is good stuff! Thank you! Surgery on the 29th!!!

Sent from my iPhone using BariatricPal