Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Glad its working well! Keep taking those pics so when you have skinny little legs you remember how far you have come! :)

I think my legs are already skinny until I catch a look at my reflection in the doors going into the rehab center!

Someday soon those boots will zip all the way up. That will be a great day.

I'm not sure what's wrong with my legs. I saw my Dr and she said I have superficial thrombosis but I don't know if she is right because she didn't do any tests. My legs where normal looking until I got pregnant and they blew up and never went back to normal

I'm not sure what's wrong with my legs. I saw my Dr and she said I have superficial thrombosis but I don't know if she is right because she didn't do any tests. My legs where normal looking until I got pregnant and they blew up and never went back to normal

It sounds like lymphedema to me.

I wasn't sure what superficial thrombosis was so I had to look it up. Since it is similar to varicose veins and varicose veins are common with pregnancy, maybe that is what it is. According to this article, there really isn't a test for superficial thrombosis.

http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/heart-and-blood-vessel-disorders/venous-disorders/superficial-venous-thrombosis

Funny, I searched for Lymphedema on here just the other day. A Dr friend of mine suggested that might be what is going on with my left leg. It is swollen just above the ankle and has been for at least a year. I've had tests to rule out other issues. Mine isn't painful, but isn't attractive and annoying. I just want to wear cute boots!!

How is this for cute boots?

After a couple months of PT, we were able to get the boots for home treatment. Now, I can do treatment at home (3x a day).

post-223781-14578277832796_thumb.jpg

Funny, I searched for Lymphedema on here just the other day. A Dr friend of mine suggested that might be what is going on with my left leg. It is swollen just above the ankle and has been for at least a year. I've had tests to rule out other issues. Mine isn't painful, but isn't attractive and annoying. I just want to wear cute boots!!

How is this for cute boots?

After a couple months of PT, we were able to get the boots for home treatment. Now, I can do treatment at home (3x a day).

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBariatricPal1457827778.047751.jpg

Oh wow congrats! I bet you see a huge difference now!!

Im so impatient I would be the one trying to push and wear them all night while I slept! lol

I'm not supposed to sleep in them!

I was told to use them 3 times a day but my Physical Therapist said absolutely not. According to her the last person she had who did it three times a day wound up not being able to walk. Two times seems to be working well so far.

I can tell it works because I have to really pee after the hour is up!

I'm not supposed to sleep in them!

I was told to use them 3 times a day but my Physical Therapist said absolutely not. According to her the last person she had who did it three times a day wound up not being able to walk. Two times seems to be working well so far.

I can tell it works because I have to really pee after the hour is up!

That is awesome!!

It sounds like lymphedema to me.

I wasn't sure what superficial thrombosis was so I had to look it up. Since it is similar to varicose veins and varicose veins are common with pregnancy, maybe that is what it is. According to this article, there really isn't a test for superficial thrombosis.

http://www.merckmanuals.com/home/heart-and-blood-vessel-disorders/venous-disorders/superficial-venous-thrombosis

I have SVT with multiple clots. Post op complication. I was actually sent to the ED by immediate care. The only diagnosis of SVT is ultrasound. If your doc says you have SVT without a scan I am speechless. SVT can "propagate" into the deep veins, DVT and PE. But more likely to get infected than to propagate. In any case, they're blood clots and should be studied. I have a repeat scan in 10 days to see if they are propagating. If they are the treatment gets more aggressive.