Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just need some motivation little down

Its been 7 weeks post op.and I have only lost 18 lbs. I started this journey at 271 I went surgey at 238. Today I weighed in only at 220. I guess I just need to take realization that I might be slow looser. How much does intake of Water effect weight loss or having bowel movement? These two items I have been struggling with. The doctor says im doing fine that if I work on water intake that my weight loss will Improve. Guess sometimes you need hear what others say.

My surgery weight was 236, so I started pretty much exactly where you did. I "only" lost 14.8 pounds the first month and "only" 8.6 pounds the second month. At 7 weeks, I had lost about 19 pounds, so right where you are. You want to know something great? I still reached my goal and I've been maintaining for over 5 months! So don't give up hope. There are some advantages to slower loss. It's easier on the skin. It's easier on the budget (replacing clothes less frequently). And you get fewer probing questions about your rapid weight loss.

Long term, how quickly you lose the weight won't matter in the slightest. Once you are at goal and maintaining, you won't be looking back thinking "if only I'd reached goal a month sooner!"

Slow loser here. I agree 100%.

Also a slow loser and totally agree with the others.

It does suck to be a slow loser sometimes. I get sad seeing folks posting how they reached goal in 6 or 10 or 12 months, and I'm still plodding along with my goal way down the road. But I know without a doubt that I will get there because the one thing I have plenty of is time - time to adjust to eating healthy portions, time to do the meal planning and shopping for better food choices, time to get active and learn how to have fun exercising.

Being a slow loser is a good thing because we are working our butts off to lose every pound; I know if I spend a year or two concentrating on how to eat, what to eat and ramping up my exercise to finally make my goal, I'll definitely feel more committed to keeping this up for the rest of my life! :D

And slow losers generally have a bit less loose skin to deal with too. ;)

It isn't important how fast you lose the weight. What is important is that you are still working hard at losing weight and still sticking with your dietary/water goals, improving your fitness and reteaching yourself how to be healthy.

But you're still really early in the whole process, and you might not be a slow loser in the end. You really need to work on your Water and getting your Protein in and see if that doesn't increase your weight loss... but if it doesn't, it's still going to be okay - just keep at it!

Don't let my ticker fool you, I lost 20 pds before surgery and have slowed down significantly, maybe hitting a stall.

Getting my Fluid in is a daily struggle. I set up for an hour last night forcing a bottle of Water down to reach 44 oz. I purchased some sugar free orange crush drops the other day. It helped mix things up.

As for the other end, I have to use something twice a week. The keep telling me it will start to work itself out.

Just count your non scale victories and remember its usually not the fastest horse out of the gate that wins, stamina is more important.

Slow is better in my opinion. 1. Your skin will not be so saggy

2. Slower the weight loss the less likely the weight comes back

3. People will not think your on drugs and lost a lot of weight

I am sure there are many more but that's all I can think of now. LOL

Enjoy life and as long as you are losing be thankful! You are doing great!!!!

We are all individuals, and I promise you that years down the road, these little stalls etc will be faded from memory.

There are things, little tricks that can kick start losses, but I think the most important is getting the basics right - fluids, Protein, veggies, moderate healthy carbs, Vitamins. Once you are doing all that consistently, and are a little further along, ask again for the little "accelerate" tips - although no guarantees.

I'm glad I came across this post. I am 7 weeks out, and have lost around 19-20 pounds. I lost 11 pounds my first week after surgery, and around 8 pounds over 6 weeks. I am 5'1 and my surgery weight was 219. Highest weight was around 240.

At my 6 week check up, I expressed my frustrations with my surgeon and nutritionist. ***Shouldn't I have lost more weight by now? Is a stall at the beginning normal? Did the surgery not work? Could I have stretched out my stomach already? Am I not doing enough? Is this it? Did I put my body through this trauma to only lose 20 pounds? *** [end rant]

They both were very reassuring and reminded me that everyone loses at a different rate, simply because everyone is different. We are just slow losers I guess. The bright side is that we are still losers! ;) --though it is very frustrating.

Sara sleeve. I am also 7 weeks out an started at 223 before surgery. Today my weight was 193, 30 pounds gone in 7 weekz!

I am happy with the weight loss.

But i thought i was on a stall. When i see the scale and my baggy clothes, I believe it. Trust that your body is doing things even if it is not showing up as pounds right now. I have to remind myself to listen to my body, let the process and system progress. Show down, Chew and easy slowly, drink slowly and often. This is what I am telling myself all the time. I need the reminders constantly.

Another slow loser here. I am now just under four months post sleeve. The funny thing is though, when I look at the whole big picture of my weight loss I am AMAZED!!!! I started at 203lbs and am down to 162lbs. I recently had a three week stall but things got moving again scale wise a week ago. However, during the stall, my body obviously had a good old sort out and my shape changed and unneeded inches left various parts of my anatomy. I didn't have a say in any of the design ideas at all and just kept walking the dogs and getting my exercise. I'm back wearing jeans again and I threw out all my tracksuit pants the other day. I'm loving this journey and accept that as the weight crept on then it's OK if it creeps off. Keep reading the posts on this site and you won't go far wrong. We're all on the same journey.