Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb'07 Bandsters: August Exercise Challenge

Hi everyone,

I want to be part of this challenge. Exercise is the thing that I struggle most with.

Level 1 beginner

Jean

OK, I'm shooting for LEVEL 5, Beginner. I am going to try my damndest to get in AT A MINIMUM 20 minutes EVERY SINGLE DAY this month.

How is everyone doing? Hopefully well.

I am officially halfway to goal!!!!!!!

:whoo::high5: :dance: (((((BABYGRL!!!!!))))) :dance: :high5::whoo:

I'd so be doing the happy dance with you if we were in person! (Good thing for you we're not...:)) You're doing so great!! :clap:I'm more than 1/3 of the way myself, and I started with about 200 to loose! I was down by 71 pounds since sugery as of my birthday, August 7th. And I passed my "250 by 6-months" goal, too! 249!!!!!!! And my Bandiversary isn't for another week! :bandit

Suzanne

Feb'07 August Challenge: Level 2 ~ Moderate (down a step)

3 of 18 days (4 days a week) exercising for 30 min

weight.png

That's awesome Zannie!!!!!

Yeah, well...apparently catching your husband committing adultery is good for weight loss, at least with the LapBand.

I have found myself in front of the fridge at the oddest times, and & so grateful for my Band because I am a huge (no pun intended) stress eater. Sorry I haven't been around...I'm so slacking off with the exercise, too... Which is funny in that oh-so-very-sad kind of way, because his not being physically attracted to me anymore is the current justification for his infidelity. We started marriage counseling on Tuesday (my 33rd birthday), and he's was told there that he's clinically depressed (instead of just hearing me nag that he should talk to someone). I'm beyond devastated & so furious, but do I love my husband & want him to get the help I've thought he needed for over 2 years. And I'll stick by him while he does so. If after some therapy, there are no changes here at home...well, I guess it's over then.

But how am I going to become MORE physically attractive when I'm looking more like the saggy, baggy elephant each day?!?!?!?

Oh wow Zannie I am so sorry you are going through all this.

There is no justification for infidelity. You are a wonderful, loving, caring beautiful woman. If something as insignificant as physical attraction is cause for him to stray .....ugh. Physical attraction is something that maybe I could see beginning a realtionship on, but in one that you have been married for several years should not play a significant role. Physical beauty fades, but what is inside should be what counts. When you get older and look less attractive will he be looking for some younger newer model? That is not the kind of person you deserve to be with.

I hope the counseling works for you and you get something out of it. Whether it be that you manage to salvage your relationship or you realize that maybe you will be better off without him. You know I am here if you need me.

Oh, Suzanne! I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm sure you are devastated, I sure would be.

I hope that councelling helps, and that you both have healing and that you find forgiveness within yourself for your husband.

Take extra good care of yourself right now, drink enough Water, and get enough sleep, so you don't wear yourself down, it's so easy to neglect ourselves when our lives are in so much turmoil.....don't let it sabotage your health!

Hang in there, I'm here if you need me!

Congrats Babygirl , you're doing AWESOME !:clap2: I still have a few more lbs. to lose to get to the half way point, but I've moved my fill up to this coming Tues. , the 14th, so maybe I'll get there before I go back to work on the 23rd. You gotta be proud !:(

Suzanne - Way to go w/ getting to your goal by your B'Day ! Happy Belated 33rd B'Day !:P Man , I'd love to be 33 again and have had to the chance to be banded at your age. I'll be 43 in a few weeks. I would have done a lot more w/ my girls if I had that chance back then. We're going to 6 Flags tomorrow ( even tho' it'll be about 100 degrees out) to see the christian band "Newsboys" so I'm gonna ride the rollercoasters w/ my girls now that I'll fit in the seats. Just no upside down ones for me tho .:)

I think you've passed us all up w/ your 71 lb. loss. Good for you !:clap2: I'm sorry to hear of the problems at home ! Sounds like you're being really strong and sensible tho'. You need to do what's best for you and your babies. My husband started taking anti-depressants last year , and he's a lot calmer and relaxed now, nicer too. He doesn't like them , but we can really tell when he doesn't take them, so I try to be encouraging to him so he'll keep on them. We're here for you if you need to talk !:)

Have a great week-end girls !:(

Thanks, ladies, for your support. I don't know what's going to happen from here, but I know I wouldn't be able to respect myself if I kicked him out without trying first. I really don't want to bog this thread down with my personal shit, and frankly, the people here at LBT will have more insight into what I'm feeling now than those who don't have weight-related insecurities, so I've just started a new thread here if you still want to lend a shoulder...

I phrased it as

his not being physically attracted to me anymore is the current justification for his infidelity
earlier because the rational side of me can't believe that after 16 years (and I was never thin in that time!) of friendship, love & fidelity he would start to fall out of love with me just because I've gained weight. That side is holding out hope that his individual therapy for depression & our marriage counseling will get to the root issues for which my fatness is just a convenient excuse not to address! The other, louder, & far more insecure side is screaming, "But you have gained 100 pounds since you got married, and loosing it isn't making you look BETTER -- it's turning you into the saggy, baggy elephant! Who could blame him?!? After all, you can't stand your own reflection, how can you expect it to turn him on?!?" I don't know which side is right...

And, just so y'all know because it is a despicable & shallow thing to hear & my husband could never be described as such outside of this very situation, he was NOT quick to throw out "you're not physically attractive to me anymore" as his reason for cheating. Oh, no. I beat that slowly & painfully out of him over several days because I had to actually hear it if he was thinking it. I mean, it is my worst fear after all & how can we go forward if it was true & he still couldn't tell me the whole story. I'm in need of full disclosure, apparently. Or self-flagellation, as my best friend would tell me (love you -- I know you're stalking me here at LBT)!

See, I said I wasn't going to take over the exercise challenge thread with my shit...and what am I doing?!? Argh!! Anyhow, I would love to have y'all in my corner as this unfolds & thank you for being here now! Y'all are the best & I need you to keep me in line now more than ever!

To get this back to exercise...perhaps gut-wrenching sobs & endless, anger-filled pacing are good exercise? Combined with a band that's tight as a drum due to stress? Because I have no other explanations for loosing 7.5 pounds in as many days! But I'll take 'em!!!! :heh:

Way to kill a thread, Zan! Y'all are making me feel guilty for the silence here!!! Tell me it's not my fault everyone's gone silent. :heh: Really y'all have totally stopped exercising and have gone back to eating bags of Fritos corn chips (with HellofaGood Ranch dip) while sitting on the couch in front of old reruns, right? :biggrin1: Where is everyone?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I haven't done any exercise since Sunday when I hit the pool... I plan to get in a short walk tonight though. I just have lost all motivation. Blaaaahhh!

How's everybody else doing? The month is almost 1/2 over ladies! And my Band Anniversary is TOMORROW!!!!!! :girl_hug: :D

Suzanne

Feb'07 August Challenge: Level 2 ~ Moderate (down a step)

4 of 18 days (4 days a week) exercising for 30 min

weight.png

Hey Zannie,

Oh my, I forgot my bandiversary is in 2 days. I'm not where I had hoped to be. Keep you head up. You'll get off that couch.

I've only walked 3 times so far. I found out I hav a lipoma on my right outer thigh. It's really weird. They don't think it's malignant so the Dr. don't think I need it removed. But next year when I'm in a swimsuit, I think it will stick out. I had wondered if WTLS had anything to do with it. I had never noticed it before until loosing weight.

I'm hear for you guys.

Hello everyone,

Sound like a lot is happening with everyone, I think being summer and all its harder for me to workout, but I'm trying. Drinking Water helps me stay full. I love to go on vacation, this summer it was much better for me to fit on an airplane seat. I lost more weight on vacation due to being more active then at home. It's so hot here now in California don't feel like walking today. Maybe later to night when it cools down.

Are bodies are starting to show changes in our skin and clothes, I think that is harder for spouses too see us change, maybe they feel if we stay fat, they have nothing to worry about, no one else is going to look at us, maybe they don't feel secure about are new look.

I hope everything works out for you and your family. Getting help is a good thing. Have you also tried a support group for lap band in your area, I have been going and learned al ot about how sometimes your relationships change, learning about myself.

Yeah, our local LapBand group meets monthly, and I try not to miss it. But last month I did because we had family visiting. Then next one is this Thursday and I will for sure be there!

I'm so relieved to hear they don't think the lump is malignant! How scary for you... I had a breast cancer scare last August that proved to be nothing in the end, but the wait for those results was excruciating.

My DH is in our bed talking to his parents right now, so I guess I'm stuck up a bit longer tonight. :tired I think he might be moving out this weekend, into my brother's condo, for a bit of space...I don't know. And my therapy session was canceled by the counselor, so I feel completely adrift right now... I can't tell y'all how tired I am -- and I so need to just go to bed right now. Oh, bother...as Pooh Bear would say.

Hope y'all have a wonderful Hump Day!!!