Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feb'07 Bandsters: August Exercise Challenge

August & our 6-month Band anniversaries are almost here! :whoo:

It's challenge time, again... You know the drill:

Pick a target level for how often & how long you plan to workout,

and we’ll be off… I’m shooting for Level 2~Intermediate this month!

Feb’07 August Exercise Challenge

Level 1 ~ 3 days a week (14 days)

Level 2 ~ 4 days a week (18 days)

Level 3 ~ 5 days a week (23 days)

Level 4 ~ 6 days a week (27 days)

Level 5 ~ 7 days a week (31 days)

Beginner ~ 20 minutes a day

Moderate ~ 30 minutes a day

Intermediate ~ 45 minutes a day

Advanced ~ 60 minutes a day

Elite ~ 60+ minutes a day

I'm in, but I haven't decided what level I'll go for yet....sorry I've been so absent...lots of stuff going on right now.

I'm in too. And no more excuses for me. Birthday is in Oct. and need to get serious. You gals got to keep encouraging me!

I'll have to go with Moderate Level 1

Ok , I'm ready to give this a try. I'm shooting for level 2 advanced since our walks usually last about an hour. The only problem is I may need to do it on the treadmill instead of outside this week since the weather is in the mid 90's now. I really don't like HOT weather ! :D I'm more of a fall and spring kind of girl. I'm taking my girls to see the movie "Hairspray" today - something fun in the air-conditioning.:scales: No popcorn for me tho'. I'll probably just take some flavored water w/me.

If I can lose another lb, I'll be in the 230's and I'm getting really excited about that. It's been years since I've seen those kind of numbers. :)

What the hell I need to spice up my life. Level 5 Elite for me y'all.

Thanks for starting the thread Zannie. I came home a bit sooner than planned.

Welcome back, Babygrl! How was your vacation???

Thanks, Tracy! You're doing great, too!

I've gotten in 1 hour today, I still haven't decided what level I'll aim for...

Well I didn't go walking - too hot ! But I did mop my floors ( we have no carpet ) and sweep out our 3-car garage - so I'm counting that as my exercise today.

Tracy - it looks like you"re doing well too !

Babygirl - how are you doing since coming home from vacation - are you back at work or still vacationing at home ? I made a regular version of your Jello salad for my family - not sugar free , and they loved it. It tasted like a dreamsicle/orange, but I have my own little container of sugar free for me. The weather is not supposed to let up for at least a week, so I guess it'll be the tradmill and bowflex for me.

Welcome back, BabyGrl! And boy, Tracy, you're lookin' good! I love the spreadsheet -- what a fantastic idea.

Okay -- I stated before that I had a secret goal of hitting 250 for my 6-month Bandiversary. As of today's weigh-in at the fluoroscopy to check my band (all's well structurally, btw), I'm at 256.5 (down 63 lbs since surgery, 12 since my fill on July 5th!). :dance: Who here thinks I can shed 6.5 lbs in 13 days? Sounds nice, but not possible this far into the process, right? Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too.... But I'm gonna give it a real try!!! :nervous My next official (at the clinic) weigh-in is on August 16th, so I have until then!

Any suggestions? :) I'm sorely tempted to try sticking to Protein drinks as much as possible from now until then... But that sounds a bit crazy at the same time!!! :o I know I'm gonna try to exercise every day at the very least. But I'm open to any other tips/hints y'all might have:help:

My life appears to have turned to crap in the last 3 days... :think It would be a real boost to hit 250 at the next weigh-in..............

Suzanne

Feb'07 August Challenge: Level 2 ~ Intermediate

1 of 18 days (4 days a week) exercising for 45 min

Suzanne, I think it might be possible just due to the level of restriction you seem to have right now....What do you mean, your life has turned to crap in the last 3 days, what's happened??? I am glad to hear that all was well with your band...

I'm at 2 of ?? @ 60 minutes so far this month....still don't know what level I'm going to shoot for.

Welcome back, BabyGrl! And boy, Tracy, you're lookin' good! I love the spreadsheet -- what a fantastic idea.

Okay -- I stated before that I had a secret goal of hitting 250 for my 6-month Bandiversary. As of today's weigh-in at the fluoroscopy to check my band (all's well structurally, btw), I'm at 256.5 (down 63 lbs since surgery, 12 since my fill on July 5th!). :dance: Who here thinks I can shed 6.5 lbs in 13 days? Sounds nice, but not possible this far into the process, right? Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, too.... But I'm gonna give it a real try!!! :nervous My next official (at the clinic) weigh-in is on August 16th, so I have until then!

Any suggestions? :) I'm sorely tempted to try sticking to Protein drinks as much as possible from now until then... But that sounds a bit crazy at the same time!!! :Banane21: I know I'm gonna try to exercise every day at the very least. But I'm open to any other tips/hints y'all might have:help:

My life appears to have turned to crap in the last 3 days... :think It would be a real boost to hit 250 at the next weigh-in..............

Suzanne

Feb'07 August Challenge: Level 2 ~ Intermediate

1 of 18 days (4 days a week) exercising for 45 min

I'll tell ya... I would suggest a very low carb regimin........ eggs, tuna, chicken and Water........ lots of water....... (that would be my best shot)

Hey Suzanne , I soooo glad to hear that everything is ok w/ the band !!!:Banane21: I'm sure that's a big relief. I KNOW that you can lose 6 lbs in 2 weeks. I've had times where I've lost 4 lbs in just one week. YOU CAN DO IT ! Whatever is going on at home , we're all here for you.:)

Not sure what exercise I'll do today. I'm going to the Dr. to see about having my blood pressure meds adjusted. Right now my bp has been around 95/63 which has me feeling light-headed. I wasn't supposed to go back until Oct. , but I think it's time now. Plus I had a blood test at our county fair last week and my choleterol is still high & I'm not on meds for it.

I am still vacationing at home lol. I am sure I did not gain any weight while I was gone but I probably did not loose any either. It is definitely a struggle to maintain my diet while not working though. Harder to get my Water in since I usually get at 64 ounces in while at work. How is everyone else doing?

Ok I GIVE UP!! Count me in....level 3 advanced!

It's time to get myself up and get busy!!!:yield:

michele

Hey Babygirl , I know what you mean about it being harder to lose at home. I love my summers off :), but I am ready to go back to work at school since I'm a lot more active there and also do better w/ drinking since I'm singing all day & need to keep my throat wet.

Michell , good for you !:clap2: I hate getting started exercising , but always feel a lot better after I do. I shouldn't say it , but I lose about the same amount whether I exercise or not. I just know it's better for my heart and body when I do.

How are you doing Zannie ? Hope things are a little better today !

Enjoy the rest of the week-end girls !:D