Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Update: 268.8 today! So excited!

Didn't do to well with getting all my nutrition and fluids at first because my hiatal hernia repair was being super sensitive. I managed to get down a 30g premier Protein shake but called my dietician and she said that was good enough for today as far as Protein goes and to now focus on liquids. She asked if warmer liquids go down better and I said yeah so that's what I switched to for the rest of the day. 6oz broth, 2oz of decaf...Ended up with 35oz of Fluid thankfully. Have to do better in the morning!

Sounds like your doing great!! You seem to be happy so far.. Have a question tho, has anything surprised you?

Hey pretticalli916,

Congrats on all your success. I expect to be going in toward the end of March. I'd like to know what you took to the hospital that helped and what you wish you had in the hospital.

While I wait I'm trying to get prepared. Thanks

Sounds like your doing great!! You seem to be happy so far.. Have a question tho, has anything surprised you?

Being intubated was a surprise. And that my throat got so sore and I worried about that more than anything the first week. And that I've lost so much up front. I thought it would be slower. Other than that not much else has surprised me! :)

Hey pretticalli916,

Congrats on all your success. I expect to be going in toward the end of March. I'd like to know what you took to the hospital that helped and what you wish you had in the hospital.

While I wait I'm trying to get prepared. Thanks

@@Thinny

Hi! Good luck in March!!! I took my house shoes, two soft fluffy pillows, extra changes of underwear, ear plugs (hospital provided some too), and all these things helped. Earplugs especially because my neighbor was very loud and always complaining. I also took gas x strips, which helped get the surgical air out quicker.

Other things that the hospital provided that helped and that I would've brought are cleansing wipes, lip balm, a portable fan (it got hot so they found me one when I asked - I have one at home that I can clip on the bed which I should've taken with me), socks (they gave multiple pairs that you could discard when you wanted - I actually had taken my good ones so I was happy to have theirs so I could throw them away lol) and I think that's it.

I took my tablet which I didn't use. I barely used my phone the first day because I was so out of it. I took my brand new Water bottle - again pointless because they provide pitchers and cups galore! I also took a heating pad which was also pointless because I was hot. I do use it at home though and it relieves pain.

I think that's it! I hope that helps!

Update: Day 11

Down to 266.8. I was 266 when I got pregnant in January, 2014. So excited!!!! Next milestone is 248 - I was 248 when I went in for my knee surgery to fix my MCL from a sports injury. I'll be so happy when I hit that mark!!!

Today, I have had half a premier Protein drink, 15g (it was leftover from last night) and 6oz of Water. I'm about to go get an 8oz cup of Decaf tea because warmer things seem to be going down quicker and easier with my hernia repair. After that around 1pm, I plan on drinking my 15 gram fruity Protein Drink for another 10 ounces. Then broth for dinner.

I'm feeling great! My clothes fit so amazingly well now. I'm in my Larges, 16's and a few XL's that run small. Hoping to have a box of things I can no longer wear by the end of the month!!!! I tried on a blazer that I had bought last year and couldn't wear but kept because it was so cute and on sale at Ross. It's gorgeous on!

Best compliment so far? Last night my Active Duty USAF Sgt., Firefighter, ripped and toned, 5'11,180lb, all muscle, sweet as heck husband said: "I gotta hit the gym. ****. You look so good!" My response: "it's only gonna get better". :)

Edited by prettyCali916

Down to 266.8. I was 266 when I got pregnant in January, 2014. So excited!!!! Next milestone is 248 - I was 248 when I went in for my knee surgery to fix my MCL from a sports injury. I'll be so happy when I hit that mark!!!

Today, I have had half a Premier Protein drink, 15g (it was leftover from last night) and 6oz of Water. I'm about to go get an 8oz cup of Decaf tea because warmer things seem to be going down quicker and easier with my hernia repair. After that around 1pm, I plan on drinking my 15 gram fruity Protein Drink for another 10 ounces. Then broth for dinner.

I'm feeling great! My clothes fit so amazingly well now. I'm in my Larges, 16's and a few XL's that run small. Hoping to have a box of things I can no longer wear by the end of the month!!!! I tried on a blazer that I had bought last year and couldn't wear but kept because it was so cute and on sale at Ross. It's gorgeous on!

Best compliment so far? Last night my Active Duty USAF Sgt., Firefighter, ripped and toned, 5'11,180lb, all muscle, sweet as heck husband said: "I gotta hit the gym. ****. You look so good!" My response: "it's only gonna get better". :)

I'm so happy for you!!! My husband is a firefighter (civilian) too and was also a firefighter in the Airforce Reserves but is retired now. He has that fit, healthy....so sexy build too. 5'11'' , 205...he's 47 and still in great shape. I really enjoy reading your progress updates---being on bed rest following an Achilles' tendon surgery can be real depressing and boring!!!!

Today, I have had half a premier Protein drink, 15g (it was leftover from last night) and 6oz of Water. I'm about to go get an 8oz cup of Decaf tea because warmer things seem to be going down quicker and easier with my hernia repair. After that around 1pm, I plan on drinking my 15 gram fruity Protein drink for another 10 ounces. Then broth for dinner.

I'm so happy for you!!! My husband is a firefighter (civilian) too and was also a firefighter in the Airforce Reserves but is retired now. He has that fit, healthy....so sexy build too. 5'11'' , 205...he's 47 and still in great shape. I really enjoy reading your progress updates---being on bed rest following an Achilles' tendon surgery can be real depressing and boring!!!!

Don't you just love that build? I think it's a firefighter thing! :) they stay in such good shape!!!!

Thanks so much for your sweet comments and I appreciate your support! I hope you get better soon!!!! That must hurt! Do you have surgery scheduled yet?

Today, I have had half a premier Protein drink, 15g (it was leftover from last night) and 6oz of Water. I'm about to go get an 8oz cup of Decaf tea because warmer things seem to be going down quicker and easier with my hernia repair. After that around 1pm, I plan on drinking my 15 gram fruity Protein drink for another 10 ounces. Then broth for dinner.

Don't you just love that build? I think it's a firefighter thing! :) they stay in such good shape!!!!

Thanks so much for your sweet comments and I appreciate your support! I hope you get better soon!!!! That must hurt! Do you have surgery scheduled yet?

Yes, it is March 21. My orthopedic surgeon saw how upset I was when she told me that I would have to have my tendon surgery--on the exact day I was already scheduled for my sleeve (feb1). Her office called my Bari surgeon and they had my sleeve rescheduled before I left the appointment. I'm enjoying living through you and I hope mine is just as successful as yours!.......yes, that firefighter build is very nice indeed! My husband is supportive about the sleeve but is always hugging, pinching and up under me saying how he is going to miss my extra....yea right!

Yes, it is March 21. My orthopedic surgeon saw how upset I was when she told me that I would have to have my tendon surgery--on the exact day I was already scheduled for my sleeve (feb1). Her office called my Bari surgeon and they had my sleeve rescheduled before I left the appointment. I'm enjoying living through you and I hope mine is just as successful as yours!.......yes, that firefighter build is very nice indeed! My husband is supportive about the sleeve but is always hugging, pinching and up under me saying how he is going to miss my extra....yea right!

Oh yeh I remember reading that!!! Glad you got your date! It'll come sooner than you think!

My hubby is the same. He loves me at any weight but I know he'll love the new lighter me too!

Can't wait to follow your progress!!! Hoping the days go by quickly for you!!!

Ive been totally enjoying reading the both of you going back n forth.

And hey for the record it's not just firefighters that have sexy bodies lol. My airforce man in security forces is pretty nice too????

Edited by claddagh66

Ive been totally enjoying reading the both of you going back n forth.

And hey for the record it's not just firefighters that have sexy bodies lol. My airforce man in security forces is pretty nice too

Ok...Airforce men...LOL!!!

2nd update today:

Made it through the work week! Today was my Friday - I work an alternate schedule where every other Friday is off because of my 9hr days. So glad I made it!!! Now for a long weekend!!!! Monday is a holiday. Next week is another short week!!!!!

So excited for soft food on Monday!!!! Can't say that enough!