Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Guys!

Did any of you "treat" yourself after your surgery? I was blessed with a very very easy Post Op so far. I'm one month post op and almost 40lbs down! so I booked myself a little congratulatory trip to FL for 4 days.

Just interested to see if anyone else was so proud of their decision to live a better life that they treated themselves to something fun!

I leave for my trip in 10 days and I'm just so happy that I'm leaving almost 40lbs of myself at home! :)

I honestly feel like my whole life is a treat post-op. Vacations are so much more fun and active. Time with family and friends is more precious. Being able to buy and wear cute clothes to work... So many things are just so much more fulfilling! I definitely find that I just treat myself better in general. No more wallowing in self-loathing!

I did! At 8 weeks post op I went to Las Vegas for 10 days. I had the time of my life. I could walk anywhere. I was down nearly 60lbs in those first 8 weeks. I felt like a whole new woman.

Congratulations and I hope you have a blast on your trip.

I haven't thought about postop, but I do know I'm going to have a mani, pedi, and massage preop. Maybe a facial. No polish, just pampering. I never wear polish in the winter.

I have a trip to Cancun coming up in April that I am looking forward to & using as incentive to stay on track. I get to buy all new clothes for the trip & there is going to be a black tie dinner one night. I am 19 days post op today.

We have a Disney world trip coming up in April and I can't wait to be able to keep up with everyone. Not to mention wearing some smaller clothes

@@Tweety40 I'm going to Disney in November and I feel the exact same way!!! I interned there in college (my skinny life) so I cannot wait to go back!

I got to buy myself a new saddle because my old one became way too huge for my teeny tiny butt.

Oh, and let's not forget about an entirely new wardrobe right down to the undies.

I'm headed to Florida in two weeks, too. My first real vacation in 7 years. But it's not really about my surgery. It's more about my sanity!

Yesterday I was officially 1 week post-op and I plan to treat myself to a mani/pedi and get my hair done this weekend. Now that I'm starting to feel like myself again.

Going to NY in June for my baby sisters wedding .... we've talked about flying ... gives us more time with the family ... BUT ... I'd rather road trip it ... I'd like to stop a few places along the way that I've always wanted to go ... but never did ... because of the 125lb demon on my back ...

Going to FL in May for nieces graduation ... The niece that never wanted to spend time with me because I was big ( though she'd never say it to my face ) ... you ALL know the facial expressions ... the lack of conversation ... the lack of eye contact .... all those signs that goes along with someone who'd rather NOT be around you ...

We'll see how she acts now ...

Praying for progress!!

I'm treating myself and my family, to a trip to Jamaica in May. I would have never wanted to go prior to losing all this weight. We are so excited and I plan on doing every activity they offer.

I am going to Florida with my boyfriend in two weeks, with no kids. My treat to myself is that I rented a convertible. I can not wait to cruise Gulf Blvd.

Had surgery on 12/29 & have 3 trips scheduled so far for 2016. Spring Break we are taking the kids to Austin and San Antonio for a fun/but historical week vacation. Then going back to South Texas with my son for his 7th grade trip in April. The icing on the cake is a trip I am planning to the Dominican Republic for my husbands birthday in June. I am excited about hopefully being able to walk and be active without my feet, knees, & hips hurting. My goal is being able to wear a cute shorts romper. I haven't worn shorts in forever ????

My birthday is in July so I'm hoping that by then (6 mos post op) i'll have lost most (maybe all?) of the rest of the weight I need to to be at goal. Regardless I'm planning a big trip. Haven't decided where yet.

We are also going to take al ittle trip to New Orleans for Valentines day, I'm super excited about that!

The day I got my surgery date I booked a trip to the Bahamas with a friend. I'm SO excited to be able to enjoy my vacation for once. May can't come soon enough!