Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 weeks out, will any multi Vitamin due ?

If not what are we looking for in the Vitamin

I would stay on your Dr. advise, or Bariatric Advantage multi chewables, since 4 weeks is still so short of a time. I think I'd go heavy on Vitamins for the rest of your life, right?

Perhaps there are some more you can graduate too, after blood-work to see where you may be lacking. I'd request a blood work up. =) That's just me.

This close to being post op, I'm sticking with Multivitamins and other Vitamins specifically formulated for Bariatric patients - I'm using BariMelts which I purchased on Amazon. For the other vitamins I need to take (Iron, Calcium, B12, and D3), I'm also currently using Barimelts and Bariatric Advantage brands - whichever is cheaper on Amazon that meet the dosage required by my surgeon. Best to talk to your nutritionist/surgeon or GP as they also need to accompany your blood work over the next few months to avoid deficiencies.

Definitely a question for your nutritionist or Doctor.

But I was told to take bariatric Vitamins initially. I took Celebrate Vitamins, I really liked it (strawberry pineapple flavor) and also Wellese liquid Calcium.< /p>

Fast foward a year post op. All my numbers were great except my B12 was really high. So my nutritionist and nurse practitioner switched me to children's flinstone (not the Gummy kind) and I take b12 separately every other day. The Celebrate had b12 in it, so to bring my numbers down I now take b12 separately. Flinstone is much cheaper and taste equally as good.

My doctor recommended the optisource Bariatric chewable. You take like 4 a day but they have everything that a WLS patient needs.

Like others have said:

Doctor or nutricianist SHOULD have given you a list & yes the bloodwork will show up what you need to be taking, if deficient

I have found that a lot of the "bariatric" products are overpriced and come in small amounts like a month at a time. I just get the feeling they are trying to cash out on us. Centrum has an orange flavor chewable that has daily amount of Iron needed which can save you from having to take Iron individually. There are roughly 90 for $10 and since I'm taking them 2 times a day that's enough for 45 days of course. Not a bad deal.

My nutritionist will have me starting the Flintstones Vitamins (2 a day) after week 2. I am on 1 a day now until surgery.

I can't fathom why some are talking cost of pills/vitamins when in fact they should be eating about 1/4 to 1/3 what they used to. What's wrong with this picture?

You guys

I verified that this company was legit. I called and asked them how they could profit from selling these awesome brand name supplements and Vitamins and mixes and herbs for nearly half price that I find them in Whole Foods or GNC. They, this company, told me it was because they purchased in such huge bulk amounts and their turnover was so rapid that they could afford to get by on the lesser profit just from the volume of sales.

SO. To confirm this, I called one manufacturer of a supplement that I take, and asked them if they did in fact sell directly to that company and if their product was not expired and if everything I had been told seemed legit. They confirmed that they did sell to the company, and the company chose to sell at a huge discounted rate. SO for this supplement, which is my favorite, I had been paying 26$& at Whole Foods.

For this Vitamin company, I only pay 14$. It's the exact same product, and not expired.

http://www.allstarhealth.com/

Call them!

Edited by Amelie2016

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches