Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

as a guy i cant help you too much but Spanx does make some seriously good stuf, but it is far from cheap.

i also switched to athletic exercise wear boxers, aka compression shorts as a regular thing. not that a woman would want to wear boxer briefs lol.

I like Spanx but they are a bit costly. I don't wear them daily as I want to have them for when I really want to look good! lol

I buy maidenform flexees. They are always on sale. And even when you go down a size, they still can be worn when you don't need to be super tucked. I wear my old ones around the house and they help smooth me out and if I am getting dressed to go out I wear my new. Even 2 sizes down the old ones still offer some control. I have the firm control long leg and the wear your own bra torsoette. They go on sale often and you can get them for 1/2 the price of Spanx

I think Target also carries a line of less expensive Spanx

@@saraburnett

This is the thigh shaper I wear

http://www.hanes.com/onehanesplace/womens-shapewear/shapewear-brands/maidenform-shapers/flexees-thigh-slimmer-m2355

With this, which they don't have on the hanes site right now

http://www.avenue.com/en_US/wyob-dream-torsette-230122660.html?dwvar_230122660_color=101#start=5&cgid=intimates-shapewear

I wear the Torsette on first, then put the thigh shaper over it. Before I lost weight the Torsette use to roll up all the time, but i can wear it alone now and it doesn't roll up (because it actually fits right). If you have back rolls it is great at smoothing them out and it pushes your boobs up and out, while flattening your stomach at the same time.

Lots of stores carry these and you can find them cheap. Walmart, Target, Kohls,JcPenney.

Once I get to a stable size I might get some Spanx, but that is a long time for now, I am losing about a size or more a month, no reason to spend that much on something that will soon be obsolete.

Edited by OutsideMatchInside

This piece (available at JCPenney) has worked well for me. I have it in both nude and black (size medium), but need to replace them both in a small size.

http://www.jcpenney.com/maidenform-shape-wear-your-own-bra-singlet-2556/prod.jump?ppId=16f44d6&rrplacementtype=category_page.rvi1_json

Like others above have said, some of this Shapewear still works well at neighboring sizes (as you lose weight).

But at some point you just gotta embrace being a small. ;)

Thanks everyone I will look these up! @ inner surfer girl I would love the coupon code????

I sent you a message. I hope it helps. It looks like there is shape wear on sale today. I didn't look at the sizes.

Shapers? I haven't had my surgery yet and I have never heard of them. What exactly are the for? Just looks or do they help somehow? I'm intrigued ????

Shapers? I haven't had my surgery yet and I have never heard of them. What exactly are the for? Just looks or do they help somehow? I'm intrigued ????

Back in my grandmother's day they were called girdles.

Now, there are all kinds of variations.

I hate Spanx with a white hot burning passion.

Buuuut. I am obsessed with Maidenform Flexees. I usually go with the high waisted boy short ones as they are the most comfortable for me, but they come in a variety of styles. They aren't crazy expensive at all. And they hold up really well after longterm use. I even put mine in the regular washer (on cold cycle - no dryers!) and they come out perfect. They come in nude and black, which is helpful.

I typically purchase mine at The Avenue or Macys, but there are plenty of online retailer options (Herroom, BareNecessities, Amazon).