Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Options Prgm with Kaiser

Lol Dr. Zane is super chill and he won't Care that you gained a couple pounds. Tell him Jenine wood referred you to him. Lol

Will do.. I can't wait..

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

Onmica, how long was the wait from when you completed Options to get your surgery consult appointment? I finish classes on June 15. I would love to get surgery by August 1 at West La but I don't think that's happening with all the wait times. Good luck at your appointment this week!

BariatricBetty24, on 10 May 2016 - 19:15, said:

Onmica, how long was the wait from when you completed Options to get your surgery consult appointment? I finish classes on June 15. I would love to get surgery by August 1 at West La but I don't think that's happening with all the wait times. Good luck at your appointment this week!

Unfortunately, my experience was not the same as everyone else. During my options program I met with the doctor. He told me to get on birth control but I brushed it off because I am single and because he didn't sound serious. Well, he was serious, so my referral to the surgery department was on hold until I was on birth control. They don't accept the pill form because my stomach wont be the same and I would not be able to be consistent with them.

I graduated Options April 7. On April 20, they called me and told me my referral could not be sent until I was on birth control. So I had the IUD inserted on Friday April 29. As soon as I got home, I called and left a voicemail. They called me back Monday May 2 and I let them know I was on birth control. On May 3, the surgery dept called me to schedule my appointment for a consult. So, my advice to you is, make sure you do everything they ask you to do before you complete your classes. I wish I had gone the day I had the appointment. I should have been scheduled for surgery already but I didn't listen. Keep me posted with your progress, I'd love to hear about it.

BTW... you can probably get yoru surgery moved to harbor city, where I am. I think hat is where @@almond_jay came from. She was doing her Options in West LA. I am lucky enough to live just 5 minutes away from Harbor City

Edited by onmica

Thank you for the information Onmica. How did your consult go today? Did I you get your surgery date? I just got an email saying that the lab requests are in and to get them done. Luckily I don't have to get on BC as my husband had a vasectomy last year. My Options classes are done June 15 and I would love to have the surgery by the July 15 - pretty sure that's going to be impossible. I teach and have to go back to work August 15. I don't want to miss the start of the school year. But I'll go wherever I can the surgery done the soonest. I'll be so happy if I can get sleeved by August 1.

I meant, "Did YOU get your surgery date?"

@BariatricBetty24

No, I got nervous with the surgeon I had scheduled because I am not at the 10% I was supposed to lose, so I switched to a different one. I have only lost 21 pounds out of the 25 they wanted me to lose. I got almond_jays surgeon, which I am scheduled for tomorrow at 11:30. I will definitely fill you in on my results. I'll be too excited not to. Lol.

Edited by onmica

Wow Onmica, 21 out of 25 pounds is wonderful! I have to lose 24 and I've only lost 4 so far . . . Uh oh . . . Half way through Options too . . . I gotta turn up the heat on the workouts. Best of luck at tomorrow's consult and I can't wait to hear how it went!

I just looked at my records. Half way through I had lost 6 pounds. I couldn't stop cheating during the weekends at that point. After that I just did a lot of cardio. If you do weights, you will gain muscle, so don't be too hard on yourself. You're probably losing weight but gaining muscle. I plan on using weights after surgery when the doc clears me.

I just saw your profile, looks like we are close at weights and we are the same height! It's hard to find someone that is at your level as far as body type. I'll definitely keep you posted on my weight loss progress and how much I'm eating.... If you want.. Only because we are similar.. Right now I'm at 232 even.. but you might weigh a lot less than that on surgery day.

Btw.. Who did your surgery? I'm getting Dr Mun

I had Dr. Zane and congrats on the consult! Dr Mun is supposed to be awesome...I just know he is stricter with the preop weight loss and I didn't lose enough so I went with Dr Zane. He was a little abrupt at first but then he warmed up to me. Everything went okay....I'm in a lot of pain and feeling a bit down but I'm hoping to get over it really soon.

Hey Almond_Jay! How's your recovery going? I hope you're doing well.

I'm doing okay. I did have a hernia repair along with the sleeve so I was in more pain than normal. I'm doing okay except I'm finding it super hard to get down actual good. I'm hoping it's because my stomach is still swollen.

I'm doing okay. I did have a hernia repair along with the sleeve so I was in more pain than normal. I'm doing okay except I'm finding it super hard to get down actual good. I'm hoping it's because my stomach is still swollen.

I am glad to hear you are doing ok.

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

I am glad you're doing OK. I do hope you can get some good down soon. I keep reading about other people's experience and that it just keeps getting easier and easier as the weeks go by. Hang in there!

"food"d own soon - not "good"

I just looked at my records. Half way through I had lost 6 pounds. I couldn't stop cheating during the weekends at that point. After that I just did a lot of cardio. If you do weights, you will gain muscle, so don't be too hard on yourself. You're probably losing weight but gaining muscle. I plan on using weights after surgery when the doc clears me.

I just saw your profile, looks like we are close at weights and we are the same height! It's hard to find someone that is at your level as far as body type. I'll definitely keep you posted on my weight loss progress and how much I'm eating.... If you want.. Only because we are similar.. Right now I'm at 232 even.. but you might weigh a lot less than that on surgery day.

Hi Onmica,

Thank you for sharing that info on your weight. I have my options class this week - we meet every other week. I'm 36 years old. I'm 5'5" and my starting weight is 239. I too am having a hard time on the weekends. I keep food journals during the week and that's not too hard to do but the weekend is really tough to measure and log everything especially when you're out socializing or at restaurants. I am an emotional eater and I'm going to therapy once a month to work on those issues. I just got an email from the Options coordinator to go do my labs for surgery and I am freaking out. I have barely lost any weight halfway through Options. I'm stressed out and went to Krispy Kreme today! Ugh! Seriously! I don't think I'm quite ready to move forward with the surgery this summer. I think I want to completely finish Options, have more therpay and try to lose weight this summer and if not, I'll schedule surgery for the fall. How did you know for sure you were ready, Onmica?

I knew when I stepped on the scale and it said 253. My highest weight EVER.

I cried and told my mother that I needed to do something because I'm obviously not helping myself. She was very supportive and I made the appointment. I did research for 2 years before I actually asked my doctor about it. To be honest it still feels unreal even though I have a surgery date now. Maybe I won't react until the actual morning when I'm on the bed. Lol

Don't worry @@BariatricBetty24, options really prepares everyone. They will give you lost of information the last 5 classes. I hated that i had to do it, but I'm glad i did. Maybe your mind will change. Don't look at it as, you will miss food and you will suffer. Look at it as, maybe, your tastes will change and you won't miss anything.

I keep reading that the first couple of weeks a lot of people feel they made a mistake. I'm afraid of that moment.