Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Options Prgm with Kaiser

You already finished the program and had a surgery consult? I thought that you wait for them to call you and give you an appointment.

Are they booked from now until May? That sucks!

I finished in September. Had some other external stuff happening so I got around to the surgeon a few weeks ago and called for my appointment. The scheduler is super nice though!

I hope you get an April cancellation @@almond_jay

Sent from my SM-N910T using the BariatricPal App

@@d258 oh no!! That really sucks...and someone on here got in super quick only a month ago. Must be a lot of people with new years resolutions getting surgery. lol

I guess my dream of an April surgery is out the window. Yesterday in options I was told they may send us to South Bay if its too crowded at West LA. I wonder what their schedule is looking like.

@@d258 What surgeon are you scheduling with? And can you give me the number for the scheduler at west la?

Yey @@almond_jay you graduate tomorrow. Congrats. Tell me how everything is going for you. How much weight did you lose? What's next? I'm still 2 classes away after tomorrow..

Sent from my SM-G930T using the BariatricPal App

I actually finished today! I believe over all I only lost about 12 pounds but that's a steady loss. I always lose really slow anyway. THAT'S WHY I NEED SURGERY!!

I finished today because I went to a make up class the day before my actual class. I hope that helps and doesn't hurt me.

How much have you lost?

@@almond_jay ...

That's great, I don't see why it wouldn't count. As long as you complete your 12 classes, I guess. Keep me posted on your future appointments and surgery date. I'm so eager to know.

I'm at 14 pounds with 2 weeks left after tomorrow. I hope I can get 6 more pounds before I graduate, I've been at 14 pounds for 2 weeks so I don't think I'll make it. But I'm hoping.. [emoji106] [emoji106]

Edited by onmica

@onmonica

How is it going? Update for me...I just heard back from my case manager from Options and they put in the referral for South Bay. They said I should hear back this week and see the surgeon next week. We shall see. :)

That's great @@almond_jay . I can't wait to hear when your surgery date is. That is so exciting.

As for me, I'm still waiting to finish options. I have 2 classes left. Well, I have 3 because I missed class 9. But that make up class is the Monday before my final class on Thursday. So I will graduate with all classes completed by my last class. I have a Question for you if you don't mind. The final quiz (#4) they told us that it would be collected. Is that true? I mean I've done 100% on all the other ones, but they never collected them. Are they really going to collect quiz 4? Is it as easy as the rest of them? I'm not worried, but she did make it seem like it was more important than the rest, and we wouldn't graduate of we didn't pass. Just curious. Thanks for these information.

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

Well my class never had any other quizzes...at least not written. Did everything in discussion. However, the last quiz was take home and you do turn it in. However, they review the answers in class so no worry. It's more so they want you to remember the highlights of the class. The last few questions are just what you have learned, etc.

What I found out in the end is pretty much there is no way thy will "fail" you. Its really the surgeon that has the last word. They are the ones that can fail you. For that reason Ive decided to go with a more relaxed surgeon who isn't super uptight about numbers etc.

I'll let you know when my consult will be. I heard he is booking for mid april just for a consult. Did you decide on a surgeon or location yet?

My location is definitely wherever the soonest date comes. I hope it's harbor city since it's down the street but I have to go back to work August 3rd, so I have no choice but where ever is soonest.

I get to see my choice of surgeons next class. I can't wait. And I definitely can't wait to hear about your journey!

@@almond_jay

You should be fine with August. I hear South Bay is quicker...worse case though my care manager told me that everyone should have their surgery by June. That gives you plenty of time. I really want my surgery in May as I have something planned in June and I want to be healed before then.

I'm going to do whatever I need to do to push it along. Which means I gotta be careful about my diet! It's so hard though now that I know I'm done with Options. They said this is the period where people gain weight back and I could totally see how that is possible.

Be strong, girl! We can do this!