Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Looking for people in their 50's to go on this journey together

Hi I am a 53 year old nurse who is scheduled to have my surgery on Feb. 1. Today I had my pre op exam and started my liquid diet. I would love to have some friends to do this journey to give each other support and encouragement. I am so afraid of failure as I have failed every diet I have ever tried.

Thanks

Sandy

There's an entire thread for those over 50 right here. I'm 52, I turned 51 1 month after my surgery.

Welcome! You are in good company. There are quite a few of us in our 50s and beyond on this site.

I was sleeved in April and couldn't be happier.

You are in for quite an adventure!

I am 52 and going to see my nutritionalist today! I start my pre-op diet tomorrow! I am very nervous and I am afraid of failure also! My surgery is scheduled for January 27th! Can't we just fast forward till then?

I am 52 and going to see my nutritionalist today! I start my pre-op diet tomorrow! I am very nervous and I am afraid of failure also! My surgery is scheduled for January 27th! Can't we just fast forward till then?

Fast forward? Believe me when I say that January 27th will be here before you know it.

i am 50 :) 8 weeks out. you will do great. i was afraid of failure also. 33 pounds down :)

I'm 50 and scheduled for surgery in early February. I too have failed at every diet including the lap band and am afraid of failing once again. I'm trying to make changes in preparation of the 3 week pre op liquid fast required by my surgeon. I would love to connect with others going through this journey!

Well I saw nutionalist and got my actual diet, I start tomorrow! After my appointment I feel more motivated and I know I can do this!

Sjrn- I am 52 years old and am getting sleeved on the 19th. I will let you know how I make out. I'm 2 weeks ahead of you. I know I have been following people ahead of me. But remember everyone is different. We don't all manage pain the same etc. this journey is all yours. You will do just fine because it's something you want. Good luck to you.

I'm 59 and was sleeved 21 Oct '15. I only wish that I had done it years ago. It's the best thing that I have ever done for myself. I'm in the middle of a stall at the moment but what isn't moving on the scales seems to be rearranging itself on my frame. Had a 4.5 mile walk with the dogs today, did a load of household chores and it ended up that I clocked up 6.47 miles and 16446 steps. I am bushed but very self satisfied and just a bit smug. I love the fact that as each day that goes by I am not only getting leaner and fitter but by eating healthy food in small portions, much healthier. What is there not to love about being a fifties sleever?

@@jintycb Keep it up girl

Good luck to you fellow fifties. I cannot tell you how grateful I am to medical science that they came up with a simple and effective solution to my weight problem. That's not to say that there isn't a lot of work for me to do but the fact that I can't stuff myself on a regular basis is nothing short of amazing. Before surgery I can't remember the last time I felt full. Now, I have a wonderful 'stop' button. You'll soon have yours and I hope you love it as much as I do.