Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

With good reason! OMG!

I have found that it gets better. I started a thread a while ago about the same subject. You should check it out and see if any of it resonates:

http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/343777-guys-room-is-everyone-else-overly-emotional-or-am-i-just-an-ae/

post-252131-14529926361008_thumb.jpg

I dealt with being hangry also. I take Snacks and Protein drinks to work and eat or drink something every couple hours. Definitely helps.

My wife said that pic was me the first few months after surgery

I am so freaking happy I found this thread. I have been having serious PMS like symptoms with mood swings, etc since like week 2. It all makes sense now! haha

Holy crap! I have been an emotional mess the last 2 days...broke down crying at least 3 times yesterday and then to top it off, I'm in bed and my husband comes in the room(after we had a talk about how much I miss food) & eats his bacon cheeseburger toaster and tator tots beside me. I lost it and boo hooed....he got mad and yelled at me which made me cry even more. He ate in the kitchen, and then came back in to see if he could help me. I just basically sniffles myself to sleep.< /p>

Holy crap! I have been an emotional mess the last 2 days...broke down crying at least 3 times yesterday and then to top it off, I'm in bed and my husband comes in the room(after we had a talk about how much I miss food) & eats his bacon cheeseburger toaster and tator tots beside me. I lost it and boo hooed....he got mad and yelled at me which made me cry even more. He ate in the kitchen, and then came back in to see if he could help me. I just basically sniffles myself to sleep.

HE got MAD? That YOU didn't want him to eat a bacon cheeseburger in BED next to you? WTF? I'd lose it under the best of circumstances if that happened to me, so no wonder you were crying and upset a month post-op! Jesus!

@@JamieLogical

He has been pretty supportive the entire time and never eats in bed, so I'm not even sure why he did it. He did apologize, but I'm still kind of burned by it this morning.

I'm irritable.

Haven't had the surgery yet.

I'm using the HOLY CRAP IT'S COLD! excuse currently. :D

I knew I was grumpy as hell and yelling a lot at my kids, but I never thought about the fat/hormone thing! DAH! Thank you so much for this thread! I thought I was just going MAD!

Congrats on all the loss!!! Yippy!

Amid irritability, you guys are cracking me up (in an "it's funny cuz I understand" type of way! A special shout out to the one who is irritable even before surgery, I hear you!! Indeed I can totally relate to all of it. And like I said, my doctors office has reassured me that fat and adipose tissue store hormones which are dumped into the bloodstream upon the processing of said fat. So basically, as long as I'm loosing fat, I'm a walking, talking hormone cocktail. To mitigate this, I try to work on the Organ between my two ears. I'm fighting back and choosing to see myself as a hybrid human, with an optimized stomach size designed to get me to my goal weight. Fantasizing about reaching my goal weight combined with exercise like walking has gone a long way to keep me focused on why I did this and get the endorphins to work for me. I also often revisit the long list of reasons that I wrote down for going through with his surgery. No matter how frustrated I feel, reading through that list refocuses me every time. I don't want to go back...ever! And that is why I had to do something permanent because left to my own vices, time and time again I have ultimately returned to a morbidly obese State. So to all my brothers and sisters in the sleeve, I hold out a proverbial cup of Protein Shake and toast to our sleeves "May our irritability melt in light of the happiness our great weight loss results will surely bring us"!!!

Hangry is a huge issue for me. It's like I reach the point of no return. Sometimes I don't realize I'm hungry until it's too late. I try to keep a snack in my purse for times like this. As for the hormone dump it's a real thing. I feel like it has improved (I'm now 4 month out) or maybe I am just getting used to it.

Anyone Irritable?

@@ellie123

Who are you calling irritable?? Get out of my face!!! :angry:NOW!!! :angry:

my mood never really changed

i'm still sweet and cute as a button!!! LOL

kathy

I knew I was grumpy as hell and yelling a lot at my kids, but I never thought about the fat/hormone thing! DAH! Thank you so much for this thread! I thought I was just going MAD!

Congrats on all the loss!!! Yippy!

I never did, either. At around two months out, I was so moody! I figure some of it had been because I was losing a "friend," in a sense. It eventually went away, thankfully.